ElaineB
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
I've booked for this trip, flying from Heathrow, and wondered if there is anyone out there who had also booked.  Also is it better to book excursions before you go or do them on the trip? I suppose you have to take the chance that they don't sell out.
SylviaJ
(Member)
Hello Elaine

I too am booked on this trip from Heathrow. I've received my "15 weeks to go" letter, which states that some of the excursions should be booked at least 5 days before travel. I shall be booking and paying for mine before departure as this will allow me to budget for the holiday better!

Regards

Sylvia

ElaineB
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'SylviaJ' wrote:

Hello Elaine

I too am booked on this trip from Heathrow.  I've received my "15 weeks to go" letter, which states that some of the excursions should be booked at least 5 days before travel.  I shall be booking and paying for mine before departure as this will allow me to budget for the holiday better!

Regards

Sylvia

Yes I've got mine.  I'm just a bit confused about the Grand Canyon.  If we do a flight does that mean we have no time to walk along it.  I'll have to make a call to HQ!

ElaineB
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'SylviaJ' wrote:

Hello Elaine

I too am booked on this trip from Heathrow.  I've received my "15 weeks to go" letter, which states that some of the excursions should be booked at least 5 days before travel.  I shall be booking and paying for mine before departure as this will allow me to budget for the holiday better!

Regards

Sylvia

Yes I've got mine.  I'm just a bit confused about the Grand Canyon.  If we do a flight does that mean we have no time to walk along it.  I'll have to make a call to HQ!

SylviaJ
(Member)
Hi Elaine

From looking at the itinerary, we get a day in Grand Canyon - day 6. Of the optional excursions the Tribal Spirit offers a helicopter ride down to the canyon and land where you have various attractions to visit. The whole excursion is for 7 hours so plenty of time I would have thought. Not sure if this is on the same day 6? The other Grand Canyon flights are just that, no landing!

I've seen the Grand Canyon before and taken a flight over it during the National Parks holiday last year.

I hope this helps....

Regards

Sylvia

RayT
  • (Member)
(Member)
'SylviaJ' wrote:

Hi Elaine

From looking at the itinerary, we get a day in Grand Canyon - day 6.  Of the optional excursions the Tribal Spirit offers a helicopter ride down to the canyon and land where you have various attractions to visit.  The whole excursion is for 7 hours so plenty of time I would have thought.  Not sure if this is on the same day 6?  The other Grand Canyon flights are just that, no landing!

I've seen the Grand Canyon before and taken a flight over it during the National Parks holiday last year.

I hope this helps....

Regards

Sylvia

Hi ladies,

the time to walk along the rim is while you are in Flagstone, the excursion into the canyon is from Vegas later, so you can do both.  I have just come back from this tour, and 7 of us did this optional- everyone thought it was absolutely “awesome”. If you can afford it, just do it - it’s a once in a lifetime thing!

This tour is a really good one, and if you get Kim as TM, you’re in luck.  One warning; if you have a bad back, the off road red rocks trip in Sedona may not be for you - it is seriously bumpy!

Any queries, come back.

Ray

Chris@123
(Member)
'ElaineB' wrote:

I've booked for this trip, flying from Heathrow, and wondered if there is anyone out there who had also booked.  Also is it better to book excursions before you go or do them on the trip? I suppose you have to take the chance that they don't sell out.

Hi Elaine

I’ve also booked on this trip and staying the night before at Heathrow Premier Inn. Will book excursions when I pay the balance.

ElaineB
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Chris@123

'ElaineB' wrote:

Hi Elaine

I’ve also booked on this trip and staying the night before at Heathrow Premier Inn. Will book excursions when I pay the balance.

ElaineB
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Thanks everyone for your advice.  It seems it's wise to book beforehand and thank you regarding the Red Rocks trip!
Ruthmai
(Member)
Hello 

I'm also booked on this trip and it's my first JY holiday so it's great to get some tips from other users. I will take advice and also book the excursions before I travel. See you at Heathrow!

Ruth

John JRK
(Member)
Hi Dear Travellers,

I plan to book this holiday departing Heathrow on September 20th,

and plan to spend an extra week in San Diego with a friend I know there.

Only been on one Just You holiday before to Italy ten years ago.

Looking forward to finalising travel plans this Friday, and meeting you all on the tour,

Regards,

John Kershaw

SylviaJ
(Member)
'RayT' wrote:

'SylviaJ' wrote:

Hi Elaine

From looking at the itinerary, we get a day in Grand Canyon - day 6.  Of the optional excursions the Tribal Spirit offers a helicopter ride down to the canyon and land where you have various attractions to visit.  The whole excursion is for 7 hours so plenty of time I would have thought.  Not sure if this is on the same day 6?  The other Grand Canyon flights are just that, no landing!

I hope this helps....

Regards

Sylvia

Hi ladies,

the time to walk along the rim is while you are in Flagstone, the excursion into the canyon is from Vegas later, so you can do both.  I have just come back from this tour, and 7 of us did this optional- everyone thought it was absolutely “awesome”. If you can afford it, just do it - it’s a once in a lifetime thing!

This tour is a really good one, and if you get Kim as TM, you’re in luck.  One warning; if you have a bad back, the off road red rocks trip in Sedona may not be for you - it is seriously bumpy!

Any queries, come back.

Ray

Hello Ray

Thanks for your input.  Did I meet you on the Alaska trip in May 2016?  I was with Mandy, Bridget & Angela.

Of the other optional excursions, did you do most of them and what is your thoughts on them? 

I don't intend to do all, but adding up those I am interested in comes to nearly £1K.

Grateful for your views.

Sylvia

RayT
  • (Member)
(Member)
'SylviaJ' wrote:

'RayT' wrote:

'SylviaJ' wrote:

Hi Elaine

I hope this helps....

Regards

Sylvia

Hi ladies,

Any queries, come back.

Ray

Hello Ray

Thanks for your input.  Did I meet you on the Alaska trip in May 2016?  I was with Mandy, Bridget & Angela.

Of the other optional excursions, did you do most of them and what is your thoughts on them? 

I don't intend to do all, but adding up those I am interested in comes to nearly £1K.

Grateful for your views.

Sylvia

Hi Sylvia,

Yes, we did meet in Alaska, and that is another trip I could do again in future for the fantastic scenery. I have written a review on Western Wonders as your request. I’m sure others will add their thoughts. I did most of the optionals except Universal studios and the shorter heli flights over the canyon, Vegas and Frisco. All were worth doing in my opinion, and if you have specific queries, come back later. Those that went on the ones I didn’t do were pleased I think. All in all a good tour, but tiring as all JY tours are, but that’s how I like them -I can rest at home!

May be we’ll meet again somewhere far away.

Ray

RuthS
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi, I am booked on this trip too. Its my first JY trip and my first ever holiday on my own so i'm a bit nervous ( aka absolutely terrified  😉 ) looking at the forum everyone seems friendly and I'm looking forward to it.

Ruth

John JRK
(Member)
Sounds a great holiday, by a long review I read.

Still apprehensive about travelling on my own, but know nothing ventured, nothing gained.

I am in my mid sixties, so it’s now or never.

ElaineB
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'John JRK' wrote:

Still apprehensive about travelling on my own, but know nothing ventured, nothing gained.

I've only done one JY trip before to Canadian Rockies and like you 

I was 'concerned'!  But as soon as I met other travellers in the lounge at Heathrow I felt much better and had a great time.  I'm really looking forward to this trip in September as long as I can make my mind up about the Grand Canyon excursions.  See you at the airport!

ElaineB
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'John JRK' wrote:

I've only done one JY trip before to Canadian Rockies and like you 

I was 'concerned'!  But as soon as I met other travellers in the lounge at Heathrow I felt much better and had a great time.  I'm really looking forward to this trip in September as long as I can make my mind up about the Grand Canyon excursions.  See you at the airport!

SylviaJ
(Member)
I just typed up a message it has disappeared! Hope you don't receive this twice?

John/Elaine/Ruth - We are booked on this holiday, so introduce yourselves at the airport.

Ray - Thanks for the further info. I would return to Alaska like a shot, but with a different itinerary.

Regards

Sylvia

Maried
(Member)
I am booked on the Sept departure for this trip and was checking for music events during the trip. I’ve spotted that The Eagles with the Doobie Brothers are playing on the night we are in San Diego and think I will book tickets for it! Does anyone fancy this?

Marie

SylviaJ
(Member)
'Maried' wrote:

I am booked on the Sept departure for this trip and was checking for music events during the trip. I’ve spotted that The Eagles with the Doobie Brothers are playing on the night we are in San Diego and think I will book tickets for it! Does anyone fancy this?

Marie

Hi Marie

I would be very interested in seeing the Eagles and the Doobie Brothers if time permitted.  Have you booked yet?

Regards

Sylvia