cornishlady
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hello. I am very new to this form of communication so any help will be greatly received.

I have recently booked myself on the Global Explorer Sept 1st - 30th 2016 and looking forward to chatting with similar travellers who are probably as excited as me. This will be my very first trip as a single traveller so I am hoping that I will receive lots of tips and helpful advice from more seasoned travellers. Looking forward to hearing from you all.

Christine

BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Christine,

Welcome to JY! Wow you have booked the most exciting tour of all for your first JY experience! I'm not on this tour (wish I was!) but I have visited many of the destinations you will be seeing including LA, Santiago, Buenos Aires, Rio, Delhi/Agra and Shanghai and I am sure you will love them all and have the holiday of a lifetime.

Have a wonderful time,

Bob

(Member)
Hi Christine,

Welcome to the world of single travel and what a treat you are in for with the Global Explorer trip! As Bob has mentioned, there will be people on the community who have already visited the places that you will be visiting. I am sure they will be more than willing to share their travelling tips.

Kindest regards,

Monty

nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
Christine

WOW what a holiday of a lifetime, I have not been on this tour but Inhave been on many JY tours near and

Far. Go with an open mind, try and do all you can while away and have great fun. Have a wonderful time. Please write a review when you get back, it would be nice to hear how you got on.

Cindy

Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
WOW, what an exciting trip to book as a first timer! You are in for a treat and I am sure will have a great time. This is a trip of a lifetime. Please do write a review of your trip on your return and tell us about your first Just You experience. A little bird told me that Yvette Barnett is going to be the Tour Manager, though this may change. She is wonderful. We had her in Namibia.

Jaya

SarahS
(Member)
Although most mangers on my 8 JY tours have been excellent, Yvette was really outstanding. You will be in very safe hands.
BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
That is great news Yvette will be TM on this tour, she really is outstanding!

Cheers,

Bob

jemimakate
(Member)
'cornishlady' wrote:

Hello.  I am very new to this form of communication so any help will be greatly received.

I have recently booked myself on the Global Explorer Sept 1st - 30th 2016 and looking forward to chatting with similar travellers who are probably as excited as me. This will be my very first trip as a single traveller so I am hoping that I will receive lots of tips and helpful advice from more seasoned travellers.  Looking forward to hearing from you all.

Christine

Hi Christine,

I have booked for the global explorer too. It is my 5th holiday with JY but the biggest! I live in South Devon so will be travelling up to Heathrow probably by train.

Mima

cornishlady
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hello to everyone who took the time to reply to my email way back in January.  I was only informed by a friend last evening who had noticed that I had replies to my original email so apologies in not thanking you all sooner.  As I say, 'I am 'new to all this'

I do have a question regarding 'holiday money'

What is the best way of supporting myself financially during this month of travelling as I'll be visiting lots of countries, all of them having different currencies.

Is there such a thing as a currency card that I could load beforehand and then just use like cash during my 30 day tour regardless of what country I was in at the time?

Looking forward to your ideas

Chrristine

BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Christine,

Other travellers would be better answering the currency card question as I live in Ireland and things are different here!  I'd suggest you bring a mixture of sterling and US dollars - make sure all notes are in perfect condition as some countries are extremely fussy about changing notes that are in any way worn.  Also be sure to notify your bank before you travel, giving them your itinerary and make sure they put a note on both your credit and debit cards as to the dates you will be in each country.  That way you should have no trouble using either card while you are away.  Most of the places you'll be visiting will accept credit cards without any problems and ATMs should be easily available.  Many hotels also have an money exchange desk at reception.  

Hope this helps!

Best wishes,

Bob

nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
Yes there are cash cards you can load up with money and use while your away, but it is not something I have done, I usually take local currency cash, English money in case I need it and also a bank and a credit card, don't forget to let the bank or credit card people know where and when your travelling...

I hope someone that uses the load up card replies to you as I know from other postings they do vary in how you can use them etc...so please read up on how and what they are, before you load money on it etc.

Cindy

SusieB
(Member)
I replied to this post on or about 6 April. I have a pre-pad card and have found it very useful. Perhaps someone there could find and display my detailed reply now please.

Thank-you

Sue

bromleyp
(Member)
Hi everyone who's going on the Global Explorer trip.  This is also my first time of travelling solo & although there's a bit of trepidation creeping in I'm so excited.  I'm sure I'll enjoy every minute.  I live in Lincolnshire so if there's anyone else from this neck of the woods I'd be really pleased to hear from them.  Does anyone know the group size?  Looking forward to meeting you all....
(Member)
Hi bromleyp,

Welcome to Just You and the world of single travel - what an amazing tour to choose for your first trip with us.

It has sold out, so you are lucky to have secured a place! There will be 30 people in the group, of these 27 are female and 3 are male.

Kindest regards,

Monty

bromleyp
(Member)
'Moderator' wrote:

Hi bromleyp,

Welcome to Just You and the world of single travel - what an amazing tour to choose for your first trip with us.

It has sold out, so you are lucky to have secured a place! There will be 30 people in the group, of these 27 are female and 3 are male.

Kindest regards,

Monty

Hi Monty & all viewing this post  My name is Patricia (prefer Pat) & I'm a young 66!  I forgot to put that in my first post.  I'm also new to this method of communication as you may gave gathered. .   

Pat

Jackie2016
(Member)
Hello to all Global Explorer travellers September 2016. My name is Jackie and this will be my first Just You trip, which I am looking forward too. I live I South Devon and it would be good to chat to anyone in this area who maybe going on this trip as well.
jemimakate
(Member)
'Jackie2016' wrote:

Hello to all Global Explorer travellers September 2016.  My name is Jackie and this will be my first Just You trip, which I am looking forward too.  I live I South Devon and it would be good to chat to anyone in this area who maybe going on this trip as well.

Hi Jackie, I am in South Devon too and going on the same trip!

I am thinking about the 3 visas we need and whether I can get them all myself on line or not.

Excited too of course.

Mima

Jackie2016
(Member)
'BHjemimakate' wrote:

'Jackie2016' wrote:

Hello to all Global Explorer travellers September 2016.  My name is Jackie and this will be my first Just You trip, which I am looking forward too.  I live I South Devon and it would be good to chat to anyone in this area who maybe going on this trip as well.

Hi Jackie, I am in South Devon too and going on the same trip!

I am thinking about the 3 visas we need and whether I can get them all myself on line or not.

Excited too of course.

Mima

Hi Mima,  you should have had all visa applications sent to you, I have filled mine in and sent back. Give them a ring if you haven't received.  Counting down the days now.  Have been looking at excursions and deciding which to do.  How are you travelling up to Heathrow? 

Jackie

jemimakate
(Member)
Hi Jackie, I am in the middle of moving house and not getting all my post. Shall try and get my visas on line as don't wont my passport going astray. I shall travel by train from Teignmouth on August 31st. My son still lives in Reading so may stop there overnight then get the Reading rail air bus early on the 1st.

Mima