IsobelBianca
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi 

I am new to JY and would like some tips and possibly get some info from anyone else who is on this trip ?

Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi IsobelBianca,

Welcome to the world of Just You - what a trip to pick for your first adventure with us.

The Global Explorer group is currently made up of 34 travellers (1 space available). The ages of the group range from late-50s through to early-80s with 5 mend and 29 women venturing on this epic journey around the globe.

I understand that the provisional tour manager for this tour is Yvette Barnett. A popular Tour Manager with our Just You travellers, you will certainly be in safe hands.

Kindest regards,

Julia

snikwad3
(Member)
'IsobelBianca' wrote:

Hi 

I am new to JY and would like some tips and possibly get some info from anyone else who is on this trip ?

Hi,

I am one of the 29 women on this, I hope , amazing trip.

I have only been with JY once before and that was to New York. I have however travelled quite a lot since my husband died a few years ago.

I have never been away for over 4 weeks before , my max has been just over 2. This makes me wonder how on earth I will decide what to take and what not to pack. It's all in my head at the moment and I'm sure it will be fine in the end. After all we are staying in hotels that offer laundry facilities.

I'm very excited and also quite apprehensive.....roll on May.

nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
Most I have been away was 22 days to NZ...I wouldnt bank on using hotels laundry facilities this has never worked for me, as you won’t be the only person trying to do a few bits, also not all hotels offer soap for the machines or the right change or tokens,or you might not have the time, I now just rinse a few things through in the room and hang to dry when I am stoping anywhere for more than one night.

Cindy

peter7
(Member)
'nixon' wrote:

Most I explorere been away was 22 days to NZ...I wouldnt bank on using hotels laundry facilities this has never worked for me, as you won’t be the only person trying  to do a few bits, also not all hotels offer soap for the machines or the right change or tokens,or you might not have the time, I now just rinse a few things through in the room and hang to dry when I am stoping anywhere for more than one night.

Cindy

Hello global explorers

Its good to hear from you, not long to go now, looking forward to seeing you all in Zurich or Manchester.

Peter (one of the five)

Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
You can always get the hotel to do the laundry. Of course, this will cost a bit but at least they guarantee to return it you the same day or the next.

Regards

Jaya

Wal J
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi

I am travelling from Manchester and will be staying at the Hilton Manchester Airport Hotel the night before departure. Is there any other traveler doing the same who would like to meet up, say for dinner?

Wal J

chrisch
(Member)
Although I won’t be able to join you on this amazing trip, I just wanted to say I hope you get Yvonne as your tour manager. She is the best! I was fortunate to have her as my tour manager a few years ago on the Polar Bear trip when we were fog-bound overnight at Churchill on the return journey. She was incredibly calm and efficient in obtaining accommodation for us all in various lodges and we were able to travel the next day. Her organisational skills are second to none.

I am sure I am not alone in looking forward to reading a review of your upcoming adventure!

peter7
(Member)
'Wal J' wrote:

Hi

I am travelling from Manchester and will be staying at the Hilton Manchester Airport Hotel the night before departure a Shilton hon hotelIs there any other traveler doing the same who would like to meet up, say for dinner?

Wal J

Hello

I am also flying from manchester but staying overnight at the premier lnn, if you are still intrested in meeting up l am sure we can sort something out between us. I will be arriving at the airport by train about 18.00hrs as hilton hotel is in walking distance from the airport we could meet up there.

Peter7 :cool:

IsobelBianca
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'snikwad3' wrote:

'IsobelBianca' wrote:

Hi 

Hi,

I am one of the 29 women on this, I hope , amazing trip.

I have only been with JY once before and that was to New York. I have however travelled quite a lot since my husband died a few years ago.

I have never been away for over 4 weeks before , my max has been just over 2. This makes me wonder how on earth I will decide what to take and what not to pack. It's all in my head at the moment and I'm sure it will be fine in the end. After all we are staying in hotels that offer laundry facilities.

I'm very excited and also quite apprehensive.....roll on May.

Thanks for getting back to me, I went on a cruise on my own (I lost my husband early last year )  but that was just a week so packing for a month will be a challenge .If this goes well I may do a JY river cruise next year .

I am really looking forward to it now ..

IsobelBianca
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Jaya' wrote:

You can always get the hotel to do the laundry.  Of course, this will cost a bit but at least they guarantee to return it you the same day or the next.

Regards

Jaya

Thanks Jaya , I think that is what I am going to do and  get the Hotel ( halfway through the trip ) to do a full wash and iron . It will be worth it .

Thanks again 

Bella

IsobelBianca
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Julia' wrote:

Hi IsobelBianca,

Welcome to the world of Just You - what a trip to pick for your first adventure with us.

The Global Explorer group is currently made up of 34 travellers (1 space available). The ages of the group range from late-50s through to early-80s with 5 mend and 29 women venturing on this epic journey around the globe.

I understand that the provisional tour manager for this tour is Yvette Barnett. A popular Tour Manager with our Just You travellers, you will certainly be in safe hands.

Kindest regards,

Julia

Thanks Julia , It was good to hear from some fellow Explorers as well. ...lol

It is not long now and I am unsure of  packing/ currency / vaccinations etc .

Kind Regards

Bella 

IsobelBianca
(Member) (Topic Starter)
I am flying from Glasgow to London staying at the Mercure Heathrow the night before we travel .

Are any fellow Explorers staying there ?

Bella

Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Bella

Use packing cubes and pack according to what you would want to wear each day. This way you do not have to take everything out. I do this on all my holidays. I was in Australia for a month in January and like you was worried about the washing, but everything went well. I had some washing done in Alice Springs and then washed a couple of items myself in the hotel where we were staying for more than one night - in fact I ended up with extra washed clothes! As for vaccinations see the travel nurse at your GP's surgery and they will advise you on what vaccinations you need. Enjoy your global experience.

Kind regards

Jaya

Joday
  • (Member)
(Member)
Looking forwards to meeting you all for this adventure, kind regards Joan x
GammaT
(Member)
Im booked for this Global Explorer trip leaving 26th September 2019. Im so pleased to find this thread, i can hardly find anything from this years Explorers! Any advice on currency and how you managed with your spending money would be much appreciated and also advice on vaccinations and packing. Ive never had to deal with a months worth of luggage with only 23kg allowance. Its seriously going to be a challenge.