jonah
  • (Member)
(Member)
'Hils' wrote:

Burma in February and possibly Namibia in September. Haven't decided where to go in between yet!

Cheers,

Hils

Hi Hils

Just found your post in this thread. I am also going to Burma in February and this holiday is so far out of my comfort zone as I have always avoided 'holidays out of a suitcase' but there is no other way to see this emerging country and the itinerary looks amazing. Look forward to catching up.

Hils
  • (Member)
(Member)
'jonah' wrote:

'Hils' wrote:

Burma in February and possibly Namibia in September. Haven't decided where to go in between yet!

Cheers,

Hils

Hi Hils

Just found your post in this thread. I am also going to Burma in February and this holiday is so far out of my comfort zone as I have always avoided 'holidays out of a suitcase' but there is no other way to see this emerging country and the itinerary looks amazing. Look forward to catching up.

Hi,

Good to hear from you. I think Burma is going to be absolutely amazing - I am reading up on it, and have been pouring over a map today! There are only either 11 or 15 of us (if you are doing the add-on, which I am). I have done 7 (out of 14) long haul trips with JY, and the trick is "packing cubes" which you can get on Amazon. The tour seems very full on, so I need to get pretty fit for it as I had a hip replacement 4 months ago, but have 2 other holidays booked before we go to Burma! I put a post on the Forum re some suggested reading/watching material that I found good for Burma.

I look forward to meeting you.

Cheers,

Hils

Princi
(Member)
Why cant I find Burma on the website?

Which tour is this?

Hils
  • (Member)
(Member)
'Princi' wrote:

Which tour is this?

Hi,

Under Destination on the main Home page, if you put Burma The Road to Mandalay it should come up. I know that the February date is fully booked, but there was availability on other dates for next year.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Hils

jonah
  • (Member)
(Member)
'Princi' wrote:

Which tour is this?

Hi Princi

You should be able to find it in the website. It is Burma and the Road to Mandalay but the Feb date is full so won't show.

jonah
  • (Member)
(Member)
Thanks Hils.

Yes I saw your post re information for Burma. I am also working on my fitness as the itinerary is pretty full on plus it will be warm and possibly slightly humid altho February is stated to be one of the cooler less humid months.

I, too have two holidays before Burma so will have some reading time before we go.

Wendywoo
(Member)
I'm off to Cuba next year, as my previous trip was cancelled, I have high hopes for this one, I just need to decide what to pack!! 🙂