Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Kerry

I think I will do the add on as it is only a couple of days. Must call Just You to book it before it gets fully booked!

Jaya

ann j
  • (Member)
(Member)
hi im a newbie. going to Malta 6th October and hope I did the right thing going it alone.hope to meet some interesting people Ann
ann j
  • (Member)
(Member)
what does moderation for newbies mean ?
Kezzer46
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'SarahS' wrote:

Vietnam and Cambodia or Japan

Vietnam and Cambodia was what I wanted to do next year - but it looks like they wont be operating the holiday in 2016 😞

SarahS
(Member)
Back to the drawing board.
BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
'Kezzer46' wrote:

'SarahS' wrote:

Vietnam and Cambodia was what I wanted to do next year - but it looks like they wont be operating the holiday in 2016 :(

Hi I'm just wondering why you say this, as there are dates for Vietnam and Cambodia on the website for 2016? I did this holiday two years ago and it was excellent, a great variety of different experiences. I think JY might not be doing the Vietnam, Cambodia and Laos holiday next year but to be honest, I think the Vietnam/Cambodia tour has a better itinerary in any case.

Best wishes,

Bob

Julie L
(Member)
Hi I'm thinking of going to canada & the rocky Mountainees, on September 6th from Heathrow, anyone feel like joining me. Julie L
pinklady61
(Member)
'BGray' wrote:

'Kezzer46' wrote:

'SarahS' wrote:

Vietnam and Cambodia was what I wanted to do next year - but it looks like they wont be operating the holiday in 2016 :(

Hi I'm just wondering why you say this, as there are dates for Vietnam and Cambodia on the website for 2016? I did this holiday two years ago and it was excellent, a great variety of different experiences. I think JY might not be doing the Vietnam, Cambodia and Laos holiday next year but to be honest, I think the Vietnam/Cambodia tour has a better itinerary in any case.

Best wishes,

Bob

Oh Ill be gutted if they dont operate Vietnam next year. I havent been with JY yet but have decided to book Vietnam in January 😕 Debbie

TimH
  • (Member)
(Member)
'zztop27' wrote:

Vietnam in February or March 2016 is my current plan.

Pete .........

Hi Pete

Hope you're well, I did the discover Vietnam trip back in 2012, it was a great trip and I'm sure you will enjoy it. I'm off to India in November and will hopefully fit in New Zealand with the Cook Islands in 2016.

Tim

Kezzer46
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'BGray' wrote:

Best wishes,

Bob

Hi Bob,

They are only doing a discover Vietnam trip next year. It does not cover Cambodia - or so I am told by JY.

Kind Regards

Kerry

BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Kerry,

Thanks for your reply - I see that the brochure states that the Cambodia add-on is available on all dates but not on the website. That would be a real pity as I thoroughly enjoyed Cambodia - it was very hot and humid though! Vietnam would still be a great holiday in its own right. Halong Bay was obviously a highlight but I also really enjoyed the cyclo ride around Hanoi and I loved Hoi An, a lovely town with a great atmosphere. The War Remnants Museum in Ho Chi Minh City was a must see, although a very sobering experience. If you do this tour, even without Cambodia, I am sure you will have a very memorable holiday. The food was great too!

Best wishes,

Bob

PaulineD
(Member)
'Annam' wrote:

Hi Kerry

I've got Cuba and Croatia booked for next year.

Still got for this year Japan & Hong Kong. Also Italy & Lake Bled :)

Bob - look forward to your review of Mexico etc - it's on my radar for holidays!

Anna

Hi Anna,

When are you going to Cuba as I am thinking of booking for next year?

PaulineD

Annam
  • (Member)
(Member)
Pauline

I'm going on the 18th April

Anna

Kaththomas
(Member)
'Kezzer46' wrote:

Having taken my main holiday early this year, I am now starting to think about my holiday for next year...and I'm a little stuck as the holiday I wanted JY wont be doing next year 😞 So in order to give myself a little inspiration I wondered if anyone else has already booked their holiday for 2016 and if so where are you off to?

Thanks

Kerry

Hi, I've just started looking into Justyou, I have been bereaved this year and find myself single again, need to pick myself up and I love holidays. Thinking I might try a Christmas market break first to see how it works.

Would love Canada and the Rocky Mountaineer.

Is it just me, but there is so much on this forum, it's feels confusing at the mo!!

DAWNK
  • (Member)
(Member)
'Kezzer46' wrote:

Having taken my main holiday early this year, I am now starting to think about my holiday for next year...and I'm a little stuck as the holiday I wanted JY wont be doing next year 😞 So in order to give myself a little inspiration I wondered if anyone else has already booked their holiday for 2016 and if so where are you off to?

Thanks

Kerry

Hi,

I'm probably going to do the America's Historic Trail next September. I'm going on the Texas trip on the 15th September. Will most likely book it in the new year.

Dawn K:thumbup:

sallyc
(Member)
Hi Kath

Sorry to hear about your bereavement, you will find many people in a similar situation on this forum and using Just You. The forum can be a bit much on first glance because there are so many of us talking about so many things, but you have managed to get your post on here so I guess you're doing alright so far!

It is always difficult to know where to start with picking your first holiday. Some people prefer to do a short trip so they don't invest too much time or money if it goes wrong. I would recommend the opposite - pick a dream destination, something that you've always wanted to do or a place you always wanted to go. Whatever you pick in the weeks leading up to it you will have second, third or even fourth thoughts about doing it and have butterflies right up to the minute you arrive at the airport. If you can get through that part, I promise - the rest is easy. Once you meet up with your group you will wonder what on earth you were worried about and you will have the time of your life. A Just You holiday is full of laughs, amazing sights and fantastic company. You are free to do what you want (within the bounds of the itinerary) but you are generally allowed to opt in or out as you wish. You will never be on your own unless that is what you wish. If you see a holiday you like the look of you can look in the Reviews section to see what previous travellers have said, and once you book, post in the 'say hello' section to see if anyone else on the forum is doing the same trip. It is always nice to have been in touch with someone before you travel but don't be put off if no-one replies - not everyone has found the forum.

Best of luck with your choice. If you have any questions at all, we are all very happy to help.

Sally

nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
'sallyc' wrote:

Hi Kath

Sorry to hear about your bereavement, you will find many people in a similar situation on this forum and using Just You. The forum can be a bit much on first glance because there are so many of us talking about so many things, but you have managed to get your post on here so I guess you're doing alright so far!

It is always difficult to know where to start with picking your first holiday. Some people prefer to do a short trip so they don't invest too much time or money if it goes wrong. I would recommend the opposite - pick a dream destination, something that you've always wanted to do or a place you always wanted to go. Whatever you pick in the weeks leading up to it you will have second, third or even fourth thoughts about doing it and have butterflies right up to the minute you arrive at the airport. If you can get through that part, I promise - the rest is easy. Once you meet up with your group you will wonder what on earth you were worried about and you will have the time of your life. A Just You holiday is full of laughs, amazing sights and fantastic company. You are free to do what you want (within the bounds of the itinerary) but you are generally allowed to opt in or out as you wish. You will never be on your own unless that is what you wish. If you see a holiday you like the look of you can look in the Reviews section to see what previous travellers have said, and once you book, post in the 'say hello' section to see if anyone else on the forum is doing the same trip. It is always nice to have been in touch with someone before you travel but don't be put off if no-one replies - not everyone has found the forum.

Best of luck with your choice. If you have any questions at all, we are all very happy to help.

Sally

Kath

I totally agree with what Sally has said, my first of 11 tours was to the USA, just pick the tour you want to do and GO FOR IT!!! Have fun

Cindy

Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Kath

Not much to add as Sally has said it all. I would just add - go for it. You will have a great time.

Jaya

RaeW
  • (Member)
(Member)
Well put, Sally. Your message describes my JY experience exactly.

Kath. My first trip alone wasn't 'alone' but with a great group of people and I loved it. Wherever you decide to go, for however long you choose, you won't regret it. I have only been on 2 JY holidays so far and made good friends on each. This year I have 2 more to come: the Cilento Coast at the end of September and the Budapest to Strasbourg river cruise in October. Really looking forward to them both. Sometimes it is difficult to decide where to go as there is so much choice. Just book and enjoy!

Rae

dudley denise
(Member)
I am looking g forward to my first JY holiday to America Golden West on the 5th October this year. Hopefully that will be great and wet my appetite for another JY holiday in 2016. Am thinking g of the New York City break as I haven't been there before.