BGray
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi everyone the forum has been very quiet recently - I suppose everyone is busy getting ready for Christmas! So I just thought I'd try to stir up people's imaginations with a simple question - if you could go anywhere in the world, where would you most like to visit? What would be your dream trip?

For me, anywhere with beautiful scenery and the chance of spotting wildlife are two of the biggest thrills, so I'm very excited about going to Namibia next May! Other dream destinations would be Australia and New Zealand, but they will have to wait for another couple of years! I would love to see more of Africa as well, Tanzania and Ethiopia really appeal to me but I'll have to wait and see what JY come up with in the next few years!

Hope this gets you thinking!

Best wishes,

Bob

JY Will
(Member)
Thanks for asking Bob! I have got South America high on my hitlist. Not sure where I will be able to cover in 2 weeks but I am thinking that Buenos Aires is a bit of a must... Would like to get to Peru as well. I think it will take me a few visits to see what I want to see though!
AbbaDave
(Member)
Hi Bob

for me of places I have visited and would love to do again if money and time were no object, Australia covering as much of it as possible and would love to do Brisbane and the gold coast, Sydney again and surrounding area as well as Perth, Cairns including the pontoon this time as opposed to Green Island just to see the variation, South Africa I would do again, Kenya and the masai mara, USA all areas Canada

places I have not yet done and that are on my bucket list are Costa Rica, Namibia, South America Brazil Argentina and Chille, that Polar Bear trip I would love to do, New Zealand maybe? should have done it with OZ

all I can think of at the mo

Regards

Dave

ps if I won millions on the lottery I would rarely be in the UK

Mick W
(Member)
Well Bob at this very moment in time would say anywhere warm as my central heating boiler decided to throw a wobbler and a certain well known cmpany that i pay for a service contract cant get an engineer here until 18th december. :huh:

But to answer your question seriously my ambition is to visit every continent and as I've only done North America and Europe so far I've lots to go at.

Putting the continents in order think South America would be top especially Argentina & Chile, Australia & New Zealand are not far behind then think Asia in particular China and Japan. Africa is bottom of my priority list but thats not saying i don't want to go.

Trouble is I like visiting the great Cities (and some not so great) and my list keeps growing, also go to control the budget within reason.

Mick

nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
Nice posting Bob,

My dream was to go to Australia which I Have done it surpassed my expectations, I love the country and the people, OH if I were younger I think I would of made an effort to relocate there. The scenery was amazing Ayres Rock and the aborigine people were fascinating, helicopter over the Rock and the Olgas so memorable, Hot Air Balloon flight while in Cairns, wildlife amazing, and Koalas are not that cuddle and they stink! I fell in love with the wombat...

So back to your question my dream now would be ANIMALS AND LARGE ONES...having been on the Kenya safari I loved seeing animals in the wild, so for me a constructed safari with perhaps a beach add on, but no city tours, Safari then lounger for a few days! My favourite animal is the elephant I would love to see more about them and learn more.

Cindy

Toni2909
(Member)
I am really leaning towards the Vietnam and Cambodia adventure - probably in 2016 if funds are available. But there are so many wonderful places, I change my mind virtually every week.
SarahS
(Member)
The Caribbean for me. [/i]
lesley07
(Member)
Hi Bob

I too would like to visit Australia and New Zealand at some point. Would also like to see more of China and India. South Africa is also high on my wish list. Will need to win the lottery to do all these trips!

Regards

Lesley

Dyuti
  • (Member)
(Member)
'BGray' wrote:

Hi everyone the forum has been very quiet recently - I suppose everyone is busy getting ready for Christmas! So I just thought I'd try to stir up people's imaginations with a simple question - if you could go anywhere in the world, where would you most like to visit? What would be your dream trip?

For me, anywhere with beautiful scenery and the chance of spotting wildlife are two of the biggest thrills, so I'm very excited about going to Namibia next May! Other dream destinations would be Australia and New Zealand, but they will have to wait for another couple of years! I would love to see more of Africa as well, Tanzania and Ethiopia really appeal to me but I'll have to wait and see what JY come up with in the next few years!

Hello Bob,

My dream trip would be visiting Australia and I am booked for Amazing Australia tour for 11th March.

Dyuti

Best wishes,

Bob

marks
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Bob,

I don't have a particular dream trip, just a very long list of places i'd like to visit haha!

Mark

crystalbling55
(Member)
mine would be somewhere with pure white sand, serving lovely cocktails, in a luxury hotel, with great food and good company
lsally67
(Member)
'BGray' wrote:

Best wishes,

Bob

Hi Bob

Me to anywhere with beautiful scenery I'm about to book Vietnam for February if I can get in, I've done Africa it is amazing, Australia & China on my bucket list even though the list is endless

Namibia looks terrific enjoy

Sally :thumbup:

BGray
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi everyone I didn't expect so many replies - thanks for taking the trouble to answer, I've really enjoyed reading them! Like so many, there are loads of places and countries I would ideally love to visit including Thailand and Laos and somewhere with a beautiful sandy beach sounds wonderful but I'm not good in the heat and humidity so I have to weigh these things up!

A few have mentioned South America, I have to say that the Chile, Argentina and Brazil tour I did two years ago was my second favourite holiday ever (after S Africa and Zambia) - each place was special and interesting for different reasons. I'd love to visit Peru and I'm hoping to do the Travelsphere tour in a couple of years. So many places, so little time!

Mick, I hope your boiler gets fixed before then and I hope you have a couple of electric heaters to keep you warm in the meantime!

Here's hoping we all get to visit our dream destinations in the years ahead!

Cheers,

Bob

sjm533
(Member)
'crystalbling55' wrote:

mine would be somewhere with pure white sand, serving lovely cocktails, in a luxury hotel, with great food and good company

Hi,

You are looking for Carmel, California.

My dreams are opposites - California + Death Valley + Grand Canyon again, would need 5-6weeks for this. The other is Antartica. We all have dreams.

Sylvia

Mick W
(Member)
'BGray' wrote:

Hi everyone I didn't expect so many replies - thanks for taking the trouble to answer, I've really enjoyed reading them! Like so many, there are loads of places and countries I would ideally love to visit including Thailand and Laos and somewhere with a beautiful sandy beach sounds wonderful but I'm not good in the heat and humidity so I have to weigh these things up!

A few have mentioned South America, I have to say that the Chile, Argentina and Brazil tour I did two years ago was my second favourite holiday ever (after S Africa and Zambia) - each place was special and interesting for different reasons. I'd love to visit Peru and I'm hoping to do the Travelsphere tour in a couple of years. So many places, so little time!

Mick, I hope your boiler gets fixed before then and I hope you have a couple of electric heaters to keep you warm in the meantime!

Here's hoping we all get to visit our dream destinations in the years ahead!

Cheers,

Bob

Thanks Bob,

Following a bit of debate they have rescheduled the engineer for 12th so hoping they can get it going friday (but bet they'll need to order parts).

Fortunately I have an Electric fire in the lounge, also an electric shower so not totally stuck.

Mick

Mick W
(Member)
'crystalbling55' wrote:

That sounds like Bridlington, cracking beach, great drinks, some bargain B & B's, Fish & chips or Yorkshire pudding and of course full of Yorkshire folk :thumbup::D

BGray
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Mick wrote:

'crystalbling55' wrote:

That sounds like Bridlington, cracking beach, great drinks, some bargain B & B's, Fish & chips or Yorkshire pudding and of course full of Yorkshire folk :thumbup::D

Ha Mick, that made me laugh out loud, I'll have to put Bridlington on my wish list!

Cheers,

Bob

katy1717
(Member)
Hi Bob, impossible question to answer, so many places on my wishlist. Haven't been to Oz and NZ would love to visit both but don't think I'll get there for a couple of years. Love Italy, always try to fit in short trips there when I can.

Haven't booked my holidays for next year yet, still dithering and trying to work out how to fit in as many of the JY holidays to Cambodia, Laos and Vietnam, the US Historic East, the Texan adventure and the Silk Road trips as I can in 2015 (and even something in Europe). Think the Cambodia, Laos and Vietnam is my current dream trip - so thanks for making me think about this - will now get on and work out which date works best for me next year and get it booked then can work out what else I can afford and find the time to do.

But if Will is reading this thread one destination I would really like to go to is Iran - I know very few tours go there (and those that do have major drawbacks - cost and accommodation) and the Foreign Office is still advising against all travel there, altho' things may change there soon. As Burma has recently appeared in the Travelsphere brochure (and in other companies brochures) I do hope Iran starts getting some attention.

Bosuncat
(Member)
'Mick wrote:

'crystalbling55' wrote:

I prefer Whitby Mick! :thumbup:

Bob. In answer to your question my dream trip for a long time was to go to Gettysburg as so many of the coach holidays that do go there only spend a day if that. I have been lucky enough to fulfil that ambition and spend 5 days there which still wasn't long enough.

My dream trip that I haven't done? The Galapagos. Add to which Jordan and somewhere where I can't go obviously. Syria for the ancient sites. :s

Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Bob

Where do I start? I want to see as many places as I can so quite hard to decide which is my dream destination. Having thought a bit hard, I think it would be the Galapagos Islands.

Jaya