Julie White
(Member)
Thanks Bob,

I will write a review. It will be something different.

Warm regards Julie

mikethesaint
(Member)
Visited the travel nurse today and had my Typhoid, Hepatitis A and B jabs brought up to date. We had quite a long discussion regarding requirement for malaria tablets but after researching exactly where we are traveling to ie Etosha National Park she agreed it is in a high risk area so I have a prescription for some Malarone tablets. Just need to get some repellent wrist bands now which worked a treat in South Africa and I'm ready to go.

Look forward to meeting you all on the 27th May.

Mike

Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
I think you get different advise from different nurses. Mine never mentioned malaria. I was looking on internet re information on Namibia and it said that the mosquito risk at the time when we are going is very low. Not sure who to believe! I will just make sure I don't get bitten!

Jaya

nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
'Jaya' wrote:

I think you get different advise from different nurses. Mine never mentioned malaria. I was looking on internet re information on Namibia and it said that the mosquito risk at the time when we are going is very low. Not sure who to believe! I will just make sure I don't get bitten!

Jaya

Jaya

I always get bitten to death, so if it was me better to be safe than sorry...

Cindy

Taffy
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi All

I'm going to Namibia in May & went to get my vaccinations yesterday. Very interested on the malaria prophylaxis discussion that's been going on in this thread. My own opinion is that even low risk is not worth taking a chance on & unless you are unable to take the tablets for medical reasons I would get the tablets.

Anyway whilst I hope we get to see a variety of Namibian wildlife, hopefully Mosquitos will be on the missing list.....

Taffy

sallyc
(Member)
Hi Taff

So pleased to hear you are coming to Namibia. Fingers crossed for some better wildlife sightings than our attempts at Polar Bears!

See you in nine weeks.

Sally

Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
To date I have been lucky in that mosquitoes stay away from me. My blood is not sweet enough for them. Mind you, having said this not sure what the blood is like now since I had quite a few blood transfusions whilst I had my treatment! I am going to get the jungle mosquito spray which I think will be better than having to take tablets. Hopefully the mosquitoes will stay away from me.

Jaya

sallyc
(Member)
So four weeks today, we'll be there. Is anyone else getting frustrated at how slow time seems to be passing........!
BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
So excited although I have a hospital appointment the week before - fingers crossed all goes well!

Cheers,

Bob

Pauline71
(Member)
'sallyc' wrote:

So four weeks today, we'll be there. Is anyone else getting frustrated at how slow time seems to be passing........!

Hi Sally,

I'm not frustrated, but excited, the time seems to be flying by! Really looking forward to meeting up with everyone and experiencing what looks to be an amazing holiday.

Pauline

Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Bob

Hope your hospital appointment goes well. Just received a text message from Just You saying that my travel documents have been dispatched. Can't wait to receive them within the next couple of days. Can't believe the date of travel is almost here. I was the first one to book as soon as the new brochure came out last year! Time has certainly flown by.

Jaya

BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
Thanks Jaya, good to know JY are despatching the documents - they don't text me as I live in Ireland and the docs can take a few days longer to get here. I'm looking forward to reading them - reading the day to day itinerary always makes it seem much more real - not long to go now!

Best wishes,

Bob

RogertheRed
(Member)
The final documentation has arrived which has cheered me up no end on this wet, windy and cold (Spring?) day in the Lake District. Looking forward, hopefully, to some sun and warmth on what should be an amazing trip.
Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Bob

I am sure that by now you too would have received all the travel documents. There is also a pass for the lounge so it will be great to meet up with fellow travellers in the lounge if not before. Days are flying by and not really long to go now. Good job I am very busy at work at the moment to get too excited!!

See you and all the others on the trip soon.

Jaya

BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Jaya,

I have indeed received my travel documents - I have been given the same flight reference number for the whole tour (usually when I have connecting flights I've been given two different codes) so I questioned this with JY. They've reassured me that it's been booked as a through booking and I can check my luggage the whole way through from Belfast to Windhoek. This is great, but I'm a bit worried my luggage might go astray as this involves three flights and two changes of terminal!

Julia, do you have any reassurance for me on this one?? Or anyone else for that matter?

Looking forward to seeing you all in the executive lounge,

Bob

Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Bob,

I have spoken to my colleague and she has confirmed that all your flights are on one ticket so there is only one reference number - this isn't uncommon.

When there are connecting flights on a journey, I suggest (and this something that I have done myself for peace of mind) that when you check-in just check that your boarding passes are for all of your flights and that the tags the agent puts on your luggage match your final destination.

I hope you have a wonderful trip.

Kindest regards,

Julia

BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Julia, many thanks for that advice it is very helpful! Fingers crossed nothing goes astray!

Best wishes,

Bob

sallyc
(Member)
I pack a spare tshirt and undies in my hand luggage just in case there is a delay with my case. I hate that feeling waiting at the baggage belt wondering if you'll be the unlucky one this time!

For those who read through the review of the Febuary trip and were looking forward to the meal at the Wreck restaurant unfortunately it has had to close but I'm sure an equally good alternative will be found.

Just two weeks to go, I had a slight delay on my currency but I should be getting it this week then I think I'm ready to go. Is it natural to spend every waking moment thinking of your upcoming holiday........?!

RogertheRed
(Member)
Hi Bob.

I did Saigon-Kuala Lumpa-Heathrow- Manchester both ways on one reference with no trouble. Only saw bags at start and finish.

Regards,

Roger

AELB
  • (Member)
(Member)
Have fun in Nuneaton, Mr Gray.......even if your luggage ends up in Namibia....:thumbup:

Mandy