Bosuncat
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Julia' wrote:

Everything is going ahead!

The tour has been cleared to operate and there are now 13 of you booked on this trip.

Kindest regards,

Julia

Huge sigh of relief! :thumbup: Thank you Julia!

Bosuncat
(Member) (Topic Starter)
For interested parties and those thinking of booking here is a link to the Bled webcam

http://www.lookr.com/lookout/1249045220-Bled#action-play-day 

Bosuncat
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Bumping this post up in case there are any newbies that have booked for 3rd May who want to join Mick and I for a pub meal the night before.

Have we increased from 13 Julia? I just do not like that number! And am I guessing the TM will be flying out from Heathrow with us?

Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Bosuncat,

I suppose I have good news for you - you're up to 14 and there's still time for more to join you.

You guess correctly, Mark is down to fly out with the group.

Kindest regards,

Julia

marks
  • (Member)
(Member)
13 is a great group size though! I average out at 30!

Mark

Bosuncat
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Julia' wrote:

Hi Bosuncat,

I suppose I have good news for you - you're up to 14 and there's still time for more to join you.

You guess correctly, Mark is down to fly out with the group.

Kindest regards,

Julia

Thanks Julia!

Mick W
  • (Member)
(Member)
16 is the smallest group i've been with and was good, everyone mixed really well, wonder if that record will be broken.

Also been when there has been 45 and found that a bit too big to be honest.

Mick

Dina
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hello

I am the 14th person on 3rd May Slovenia trip,although no guarantees I will actually get there, because of caring for very old disabled mother and aunt..

Had to cancel 2 JY hols for this reason last year and had been travelling with a pal. Hate letting people down.

Cancelled Peru and Classic cities of Italy. This will be my 10th JY hol and have rebooked Peru with TS in Sept. That will be my 9th JY hol.

Look forward to meeting travelling pals.

Best wishes

Di

Mick W
  • (Member)
(Member)
'Dina' wrote:

Hello

I am the 14th person on 3rd May Slovenia trip,although no guarantees I will actually get there, because of caring for very old disabled mother and aunt..

Had to cancel 2 JY hols for this reason last year and had been travelling with a pal. Hate letting people down.

Cancelled Peru and Classic cities of Italy. This will be my 10th JY hol and have rebooked Peru with TS in Sept. That will be my 9th JY hol.

Look forward to meeting travelling pals.

Best wishes

Di

Hello Di,

Well hope you are able to make this trip and will look forward to meeting you.

Some of us on the trip are staying at a heathrow hotel the night before and have arranged through the forum to meet up for a meal. Not sure if you will be doing that or live close enough to travel in the morning. But if you are you would be more than welcome to join us.

Mick

Bosuncat
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Di. So hope you can make it! :thumbup:
Dina
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Mick

Thank you. Will make a decision about travelling to LHR next week.Not certain what to do, will be travelling from Coventry by coach. If I travel down on the Saturday I will need to get the 3.30 am coach but am not particularly happy about being in the bus station by myself at that time of day. Good chance I will travel down on the Friday in which case it would be good to meet some of the group in the pub.

Di

Bosuncat
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Dina' wrote:

Hi Mick

Thank you. Will make a decision about travelling to LHR next week.Not certain what to do, will be travelling from Coventry by coach. If I travel down on the Saturday I will need to get the 3.30 am coach but am not particularly happy about being in the bus station by myself at that time of day. Good chance I will travel down on the Friday in which case it would be good to meet some of the group in the pub.

Di

I am travelling down on National Express myself on the Friday Di.

Dina
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Bosuncat and Mick

Thank you both for comments and advice. Really looking forward to this holiday, fingers crossed. Never been to Slovenia before, but now after reading all the thread it is even more appealing than originally. I booked it cos i could get away with a late booking, the date and duration of the holiday at this stage were paramount.

So if I decide to travel on the Friday, I will try to book the Holiday Inn or Park Inn and then meet you at the three Magpies in the evening. I don't suppose you are travelling on the 240 National Express departing from Bradford, are you Bosuncat?

Mick, I went on the last departure in september of the Alpine Europe tour. There were just 12 of us-lots of coffee and cake stops and at every stop we always wanted a table for 12. Good group, which was just as well because we didn't get to see very much of the Alpine scenery because of rain and fog.

Regards Di

Mick W
  • (Member)
(Member)
'Dina' wrote:

Hi Bosuncat and Mick

Thank you both for comments and advice. Really looking forward to this holiday, fingers crossed. Never been to Slovenia before, but now after reading all the thread it is even more appealing than originally. I booked it cos i could get away with a late booking, the date and duration of the holiday at this stage were paramount.

So if I decide to travel on the Friday, I will try to book the Holiday Inn or Park Inn and then meet you at the three Magpies in the evening. I don't suppose you are travelling on the 240 National Express departing from Bradford, are you Bosuncat?

Mick, I went on the last departure in september of the Alpine Europe tour. There were just 12 of us-lots of coffee and cake stops and at every stop we always wanted a table for 12. Good group, which was just as well because we didn't get to see very much of the Alpine scenery because of rain and fog.

Regards Di

Di,

Think smaller groups can be better for people sticking together, we will all have a great time in Slovenia. Pencil me in for coffee and cakes :thumbup:

Mick

Bosuncat
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Unfortunately not Di. I travel down from Nottingham on National Express. Which reminds me I have to book it yet! :s

If you do book the HI make sure you get he Bath Road/ Sipson Way one.

Julia. Could you let Di have my email address please? :thumbup:

Dina
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi

Have booked National Express to Heathrow for early hours Saturday, would have preferred arriving Friday but common sense for once prevailed with my family problems. Thought it was the 240 service but it is the 210,whoops!

Looking forward to meeting everyone and the holiday, yep with coffee and cake stops plus obligatory beers/wine, optimistically said.

Di

Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Di

If you can just reply to this thread to say you are happy to receive Bosuncat's email address, I'll get that send across to you asap.

Kindest regards,

Julia

Dina
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Julia

I would be happy to receive Bosuncat's e-mail address. Please would you also pass on my e-mail address to her.Thank you and kind regards

Di

Dina
  • (Member)
(Member)
'Bosuncat' wrote:

Unfortunately not Di. I travel down from Nottingham on National Express. Which reminds me I have to book it yet! :s

If you do book the HI make sure you get he Bath Road/ Sipson Way one.

Julia. Could you let Di have my email address please? :thumbup:

Hello

Sorry I missed seeing this post of yours about coming from Nottingham when I said last night about having booked to come to Heathrow on the Saturday.

Have asked Julia to pass on my email address to you, also!!

all the best Di

Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
Di/Bosuncat

I've dropped you both an email just now.

Kindest regards,

Julia