mary el
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
I have been a widow for 17 years, I feel life is passing me by, I need to get on with things I want to do but I am scared, so here i am trying to be brave, I am going to the canadian rockies & vancouver in september. I am already worrying about what clothes to take, I would love it if someone could give me some advise please.
Mick W
  • (Member)
(Member)
Dress is casual in most places (casual/smart on a evening) but suggest you take some warm clothing as it will be quite cold a lot of the time.

Have a great trip i'm sure you wont regret.

Mick

mary el
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Mick wrote:

Dress is casual in most places (casual/smart on a evening) but suggest you take some warm clothing as it will be quite cold a lot of the time.

Have a great trip i'm sure you wont regret.

Mick

Thank you so much for your advise, I feel that is one of my worries sorted, thank you.

Ann C
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hello Mary,

Pleased to see you've booked your holiday, I'm sure you'll love it. Could I please ask which date you've booked in September? I'm doing this trip on the 10th September and really looking forward to it.

Hello Mick,

Thanks very much, this is good to know.

Kind regards

Ann

marks
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi,

Congratulations on booking your holiday. I promise you you will not regret it JY'ers are a friendly bunch and will endeavour to make you feel welcome. At the end of the day you are all there to have a good time and i am sure you will.

If you look at the thread under Important Threads, there is an anecdote from someone who was in a similar position to you- his fears before going and how relaxed he felt on holiday and how he had nothing to worry about.

Everyone that goes on JY has a differnet back story. Widowed, divorced, single, young and old, gay and straight male and female, ect none of this will matter.

all the best and dont forget yto post a review upon your return.

Any more questions, fire away!

Mark

Mick W
  • (Member)
(Member)
When I say cold, don't mean below freezing (unless you are unlucky), not in september, will be coldest when you go to altitude. September is the hardest to predict as summer is changing to winter so may even get an odd T-Shirt day.
mary el
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Ann wrote:

Hello Mary,

Pleased to see you've booked your holiday, I'm sure you'll love it. Could I please ask which date you've booked in September? I'm doing this trip on the 10th September and really looking forward to it.

Hello Mick,

Kind regards

Ann

Hello Ann,

Thank you for your support. Yes, me too, that is when I am going, on the 10th September, I only booked it yesterday, my head is still in a spin about it all.

mary

Ann C
  • (Member)
(Member)
'Mick wrote:

When I say cold, don't mean below freezing (unless you are unlucky), not in september, will be coldest when you go to altitude. September is the hardest to predict as summer is changing to winter so may even get an odd T-Shirt day.

Hello Mick,

Going to opt for layers ... should be ok then!

Kind regards

Ann

mary el
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Ann wrote:

Hello Mary,

Hello Mick,

Kind regards

Ann

Hello Ann,

Thank you, yes I am going on the 10th September too.

regards

Mary

Ann C
  • (Member)
(Member)
'mary wrote:

'Ann wrote:

Hello Mary,

Hello Mick,

Kind regards

Ann

Hello Ann,

Thank you for your support. Yes, me too, that is when I am going, on the 10th September, I only booked it yesterday, my head is still in a spin about it all.

mary

Hello Mary,

It's a big step and I know what you mean. I've been reading posts and it has helped me as I can see that everyone, especially those of us new/quite new to travelling alone, feels the same. I think it's going to be a fantastic holiday.

Look forward to meeting you in September.

All the best,

Ann

Amanda111
(Member)
'mary wrote:

I have been a widow for 17 years, I feel life is passing me by, I need to get on with things I want to do but I am scared, so here i am trying to be brave, I am going to the canadian rockies & vancouver in september. I am already worrying about what clothes to take, I would love it if someone could give me some advise please.

Hi

I have just come back from my first JY holiday to Russian and I loved it. I have been a widow for 13 years and i cant wait to book my next JY trip.

I have also been to the rockies 2 years ago with freinds . We went in Aug but we did need warm clothes in evenings and for some early starts as temp did go below freezing at night but during the day it was T shirt weather even when we were walking on tops of mountains. Although we also needed range of clothes as weather did chnage quickly in the mountains. Banff was a very relaxed informal kind of town.

Have a great time im sure you will enjoy