margaretgg
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi ; my first JY trip : anyone else booked to go to Uzbekistan in May 2013? It would be good to say hello ![/size]
Angie S
(Member)
Hi there,

I chose Uzbekistan for my first JY trip doing it in September 2012. I still think about that holiday a lot, having had the most wonderful time, seeing some amazing sights. You will not be disappointed. Let me know if you need info on anything.

When I went, someone only responded to my post a week or so before we went.

Angie

RogertheRed
(Member)
Hi, I did this trip in 2011, it was brilliant. Do not worry if no one who is going responds as not everyone uses the Community forum. Have a good trip.
margaretgg
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Angie wrote:

Hi there,

I chose Uzbekistan for my first JY trip doing it in September 2012. I still think about that holiday a lot, having had the most wonderful time, seeing some amazing sights. You will not be disappointed. Let me know if you need info on anything.

When I went, someone only responded to my post a week or so before we went.

Angie

Thanks Angie: I was beginning to think I was being ignored!

I've got lots of questions, but any tips on what definitely to remember to pack -eg what sort of clothes / footwear.?

I see the hotels on the itinerary have swimming pools - would you advise using them?

Margaretgg

margaretgg
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Roger wrote:

Hi, I did this trip in 2011, it was brilliant. Do not worry if no one who is going responds as not everyone uses the Community forum. Have a good trip.

Thanks Roger: that's reassuring.

Any particular thoughts on what to take / not take?

Margaretgg

Angie S
(Member)
Hi Margaretgg,

I was not sure what to wear either. When we were there in September, the temp was in the mid to high 20's and cool at night. I think May will be the same. Just pack what you would take on holiday to any warm country. The people are very relaxed about clothing, some women are traditional, others are modern.

For shoes, wear what is comfortable, there is a lot of walking. Uzbekistan is unbelievably clean - I thought it would be hot and dusty...far from it...apart from your day in the desert!

To be honest I'm not into swimming. There never seemed to be much spare time although our trip was condensed into 8 days. I see it is longer now. The spare time I had, I used to go back and spend more time at places the guide had taken us, as my philosophy is...I'll never be back. I do recall our hotel in Khiva had an outdoor pool and a few people took the plunge. I was happy to chat with others late in the afternoon at the quiet poolside bar and watch!

Going back to what to pack...do you use packing cubes? You may have seen a thread under travel tips. You can put your clothes into several small zipped cubes/bags before packing into your case. It keeps your case organised and aids packing/unpacking especially when you are moving from hotel to hotel. If you read the thread everyone raves about them. As I said, perhaps you are already using.

You'll love Uz. It's one of the best things I've done. Sorry for not getting back sooner...been getting ready for my next holiday on Sunday. I'm off to Dubai for a few days then doing a cruise taking in Oman. Can't wait to get away from this freezing weather.

Just say if you want to know anything else although the enjoyment for me was the unknown! :thumbup:

Angie

jacqui b
(Member)
Hi, Im on my first JY trip in May to Uzbekistan, glad to hear such good reviews.