G Waite
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
This holiday was extremely good, made even better by our tour manager Laurent Chauvin, who several of us wish would come home and organise our "ordinary" lives.

His care started on the plane going out when he introduced himself to those of us who were awake and covered those who were asleep with extra blankets. From then on it was constant information and care all the way, it extended to yesterday on the flight home when he rearranged our seating plan, sorted us all into much more comforable accommodation and even made me a "nest" of blankets and pillow and was basically there all the time.

He was never grumpy, always accommodating and took the minor setbacks with a smile.

To look after us on both planes I thought was above and beyond the call of duty, I don't know if it is specification of Just You, but it certainly works.

He said our party was adorable, and I have never been called adorable before especially by a Frenchman.

The local guide Aneed (I don't know the correct spelling) complemented him perfectly.

I would be inclined to see which holidays he is in charge of and also bring my husband along to witness such care

Kind regards

Geraldine Waite.

BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Geraldine, that is great to hear! In my experience of 4 JY holidays, all the tour managers have been excellent and couldn't fault any of them in any way - Claire Mellor, Ann Murray, Zoe Ireland and Barbara Eastlake take a bow! What was the actual holiday like - were the buildings truly spectacular, what was the countryside like and the food and hotels? More info, please!

Best wishes,

Bob

G Waite
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Right, if you want to know what the holiday was like, it must have been hard work, because this morning,Thursday, after arriving home on Tuesday night I am still tired. The hotels were all modern with all the expected facilities, loads of travel fortunately the coach was comfortable and had a loo! If I am honest there were too many cultural buildings, but that is only to be expected, and I have been quite "templed" out on other holidays. There is not the necessity for a full lunch and full dinner, by day two most of us were refusing some of the lunch courses in favour of waiting until dinner, I don't know how you sort that one out since some people like to eat at lunch rather than dinner and much much better than feeling hungry. Our local guide Aneed was quick to go to the chemist for me and quick to literally plaster up another member of the party. I cannot go on another Just You holiday because generally there are two of us, so I will have to go to Travelsphere I take it.

I had a great time,I knew there would be a lot of other 60+ ladies on the tour and there were.

Geraldine Waite

G Waite
(Member) (Topic Starter)
I did type a message and it disappeared - what did I do wrong?
Olly
  • (Member)
(Member)
HI Geraldine

Messages have to be approved before they appear on the Community. You will usually see your message within 24 hrs.

Kind regards

Olly, your editor

BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
Thanks for the info Geraldine, sounds like a full on trip! Travelsphere have an amazing range of holidays, you're lucky to have someone to go on holiday with!

Best wishes,

Bob