maggied
(Member)
:thumbup:
'Debs1961' wrote:

Hi Ange (Hi Bridget),

Looks like the list is growing for this trip and i'm sure we will have a fabulous time from start to finish! I have only been on one JY trip which was Kenya so will still be nervous when March arrives but also very excited. Keep looking for any tips that come up on the forum as they are very useful. Only 4 months to wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Debs

Hi Debs (Bridget and Ange) As you say the list is growing. I have just booked and will be travelling from Spain. This is my first solo holiday so it is to know there are people in the same boat. Look forward to seeing you all at Heathrow::

Maggiethumbup:

ange1
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'RLJ' wrote:

'ange1' wrote:

'RLJ' wrote:

'ange1' wrote:

Hi RLJ, yes I too need to look into any jabs etc and when to have them. I have just had my flights through the post and the return flight back to Manchester is not until the next day which is disappointing - I just assumed/expected it to be a few hours 😞 I think I will book into a hotel near the airport and thought if thats what you decided to do then it might be useful for us to book into the same hotel seeing as we will be coming back together 🙂

Can anybody recommend a reasonable hotel near Heathrow terminal 5? :-)

Hello Ange 1.Thank you for alerting me to the fact that the return flight from Heathrow to Manchester will not be until the following day. Yes I'm disappointed too. I was led to believe from the booking clerk that the flight would be on the same day. However it does state on my paper work that the flight is on the following day. Yes it would be a good idea to book into a hotel in Heathrow and I would like to book into the same hotel. Keep in touch.:thumbup:

Hi RLJ, There is a flight that night back to Manchester at 9pm but unfortunately we wont have enough time to get it due to getting our bags etc and this is why they have booked us on a flight the next day. I am booked into the comfort hotel near terminal 5, customer services for just you found it and booked it for me which was handy and the price is reasonable £41.....I just rang customer services and explained and they were very happy to help. I think it will be ok staying over a night especially after the long flight back from Bankok. I am on the 12 noon flight back to Manchester are you on the same?? 🙂 I am soooo' excited...:D

Hello again Well I've also booked the Comfort Hotel at Heathrow for the 28 March.At least there will be a familiar face there :rolleyes:

Hi RLJ, thats good to hear at least we can find it together as we have to get on a hopper bus which might be interesting - speak soon 🙂

maggied
(Member)
'ange1' wrote:

'RLJ' wrote:

'ange1' wrote:

Hi RLJ, yes I too need to look into any jabs etc and when to have them. I have just had my flights through the post and the return flight back to Manchester is not until the next day which is disappointing - I just assumed/expected it to be a few hours 😞 I think I will book into a hotel near the airport and thought if thats what you decided to do then it might be useful for us to book into the same hotel seeing as we will be coming back together 🙂

Hello Ange 1.Thank you for alerting me to the fact that the return flight from Heathrow to Manchester will not be until the following day. Yes I'm disappointed too. I was led to believe from the booking clerk that the flight would be on the same day. However it does state on my paper work that the flight is on the following day. Yes it would be a good idea to book into a hotel in Heathrow and I would like to book into the same hotel. Keep in touch.:thumbup:

Hi RLJ, There is a flight that night back to Manchester at 9pm but unfortunately we wont have enough time to get it due to getting our bags etc and this is why they have booked us on a flight the next day. I am booked into the comfort hotel near terminal 5, customer services for just you found it and booked it for me which was handy and the price is reasonable £41.....I just rang customer services and explained and they were very happy to help. I think it will be ok staying over a night especially after the long flight back from Bankok. I am on the 12 noon flight back to Manchester are you on the same?? 🙂 I am soooo' excited...:D

Hi ange1 and RLJ. I am also booked into the Comfort hotel. I have a flight from Heathrow to Leeds Bradford the following day. As I live in Spain I wanted to spend some time with my family before I go home. Think I am the oldest in the group at 68. But I am young at heart!!

maggied

maggied
(Member)
'ange1' wrote:

'RLJ' wrote:

'ange1' wrote:

Hi ange1 and RLJ. I am also booked into the Comfort hotel. I have a flight from Heathrow to Leeds Bradford the following day. As I live in Spain I wanted to spend some time with my family before I go home. Think I am the oldest in the group at 68. But I am young at heart!!

maggied

maggied
(Member)
'ange1' wrote:

'RLJ' wrote:

'ange1' wrote:

maggied

maggied
(Member)
'ange1' wrote:

'RLJ' wrote:

'ange1' wrote:

maggied