ange1
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi,

I am new to this site and have not travelled solo before. I was thinking of booking the Thailand trip for March next year and would be travelling from Manchester to Heathrow. It seems quite daunting but people's comments are very encouraging 🙂

Bridget Jane
(Member)
Hi Ange, please don't be nervous. This is my third holiday with JY and am already planning and looking forward to the next. Everyone is really friendly on these holidays and I know you will be fine. No one is ever left on their own (unless you want to be). I know you are going to have a fantastic time. I look forward to meeting you at Heathrow!:thumbup:
Debs1961
(Member)
Hi Ange (Hi Bridget),

Looks like the list is growing for this trip and i'm sure we will have a fabulous time from start to finish! I have only been on one JY trip which was Kenya so will still be nervous when March arrives but also very excited. Keep looking for any tips that come up on the forum as they are very useful. Only 4 months to wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Debs

ange1
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Debs and Bridget,

Well I have done it, I have taken the plunge and booked it so will definitely be seeing you both at Heathrow....Yay!!!! There are only 7 places left too so it will be fully booked. I am excited and nervous at the same time, I still cant believe I am going. It will come around fast.....:-)

Bridget Jane
(Member)
'ange1' wrote:

Hi Debs and Bridget,

Well I have done it, I have taken the plunge and booked it so will definitely be seeing you both at Heathrow....Yay!!!! There are only 7 places left too so it will be fully booked. I am excited and nervous at the same time, I still cant believe I am going. It will come around fast.....:-)

YOU WON'T BE SORRY!!! Look forward to meeting you:thumbup:

RLJ
  • (Member)
(Member)
'ange1' wrote:

Hi,

I am new to this site and have not travelled solo before. I was thinking of booking the Thailand trip for March next year and would be travelling from Manchester to Heathrow. It seems quite daunting but people's comments are very encouraging :-)

Hello Ange 1

I've recently taken the plunge and booked my first ever singles holday too - to Thailand in March. My friends suggested that I start near home but this trip really appealed to me. I will be travelling from Manchaster to Heathrow therefore I will look forward to meeting you. Keep in touch !!:thumbup::thumbup:

ange1
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi RLJ, you are in the same boat as me then and we are both travelling from Manchester too which will be good. Yes I was the same shall I go on a trip in Europe as a starter, but for the same reasons as you Thailand just looked so good I just thought no I'll be very daring and go for it. It is nice to be able to chat on here and speak with others as you dont feel on your own....Great keep in touch and look forward to meeting you all soon 😃
RLJ
  • (Member)
(Member)
'ange1' wrote:

Hi RLJ, you are in the same boat as me then and we are both travelling from Manchester too which will be good. Yes I was the same shall I go on a trip in Europe as a starter, but for the same reasons as you Thailand just looked so good I just thought no I'll be very daring and go for it. It is nice to be able to chat on here and speak with others as you dont feel on your own....Great keep in touch and look forward to meeting you all soon :D

Hella again ange 1. so glad that i won't be alone travelling to london from manchester. I will be the anxious, clock watching, passport checking model lookalike at the airport....you'll recognise me staright away !!!.

Did you book any excursions when you booked your actual holiday ?

I expect that I will do most of them, but will wait before I get to Thailand I think. Looking forward to meeting you all soon.:thumbup:

ange1
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'RLJ' wrote:

'ange1' wrote:

Hi RLJ, you are in the same boat as me then and we are both travelling from Manchester too which will be good. Yes I was the same shall I go on a trip in Europe as a starter, but for the same reasons as you Thailand just looked so good I just thought no I'll be very daring and go for it. It is nice to be able to chat on here and speak with others as you dont feel on your own....Great keep in touch and look forward to meeting you all soon :D

Hella again ange 1. so glad that i won't be alone travelling to london from manchester. I will be the anxious, clock watching, passport checking model lookalike at the airport....you'll recognise me staright away !!!.

I expect that I will do most of them, but will wait before I get to Thailand I think. Looking forward to meeting you all soon.:thumbup:

Hi, LOL I am sure you wont be too bad - excited but nervous all roled into one...Yes I have booked all the excursions already. I thought if I am going all that way I may as well make the most of it.....:thumbup:

Bridget Jane
(Member)
'RLJ' wrote:

'ange1' wrote:

Hi RLJ, I have booked all the excursions in advance. I feel you are only here once and I want to see and do everything while I can. Also it saves a lot of bother ie finding the right payment etc at the time. One less bit of organising to think about. What I have found on other J Y holidays is that pretty much everyone ends up doing all the excursions anyway. Does anyone know if we need anti malaria tablets for this holiday?

ange1
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi, I think I read a thread saying that no jabs or tablets were needed but not sure for definite?

Where are you all from? I am from Sheffield 34 yrs old and female 🙂

RLJ
  • (Member)
(Member)
'ange1' wrote:

Hi, I think I read a thread saying that no jabs or tablets were needed but not sure for definite?

Where are you all from? I am from Sheffield 34 yrs old and female :-)

Hi Ange1. I must find out about malaria etc. Last time I took malaria tablets they made me feel quite unwell....

I am from Anglesey and am 59 years old. Looking forward to meeting everyone.:thumbup:

ange1
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi RLJ, yes I too need to look into any jabs etc and when to have them. I have just had my flights through the post and the return flight back to Manchester is not until the next day which is disappointing - I just assumed/expected it to be a few hours 😞 I think I will book into a hotel near the airport and thought if thats what you decided to do then it might be useful for us to book into the same hotel seeing as we will be coming back together 🙂

Can anybody recommend a reasonable hotel near Heathrow terminal 5? 🙂

RLJ
  • (Member)
(Member)
'ange1' wrote:

Hi RLJ, yes I too need to look into any jabs etc and when to have them. I have just had my flights through the post and the return flight back to Manchester is not until the next day which is disappointing - I just assumed/expected it to be a few hours 😞 I think I will book into a hotel near the airport and thought if thats what you decided to do then it might be useful for us to book into the same hotel seeing as we will be coming back together 🙂

Can anybody recommend a reasonable hotel near Heathrow terminal 5? :-)

HI Ange 1. Oops I hadn't realised that the flight back from London to Manchester was the following day. When I spoke to the booking clerk we both presumed that I'd have a flight back from Heathrow to Manchester that evening. I've just looked at my paper work and yes it does state the following day on mine also.I may give JY a call just to confirm. Yes it would be a good idea to book into the same hotel for the return night. I'm so glad you pointed it out to me. Thank you. Keep in touch.:thumbup:

RLJ
  • (Member)
(Member)
'ange1' wrote:

Hello Ange 1.Thank you for alerting me to the fact that the return flight from Heathrow to Manchester will not be until the following day. Yes I'm disappointed too. I was led to believe from the booking clerk that the flight would be on the same day. However it does state on my paper work that the flight is on the following day. Yes it would be a good idea to book into a hotel in Heathrow and I would like to book into the same hotel. Keep in touch.:thumbup:

Bridget Jane
(Member)
'ange1' wrote:

Hi, I am 54 years old and am travelling from Swansea in south wales:)

Bridget Jane
(Member)
'RLJ' wrote:

'ange1' wrote:

Hi Ange1. I must find out about malaria etc. Last time I took malaria tablets they made me feel quite unwell....

I am from Anglesey and am 59 years old. Looking forward to meeting everyone.:thumbup:

Hi RLJ, did you take 'Malarone'? That is what I used both in Kenya and the Amazon (Peru trip). I found them very good Just a tiny bit of tummy upset on one occassion which lasted less than a day and wasn't really a problem. It may even have been nothing to do with the tablets!

ange1
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'RLJ' wrote:

'ange1' wrote:

Hello Ange 1.Thank you for alerting me to the fact that the return flight from Heathrow to Manchester will not be until the following day. Yes I'm disappointed too. I was led to believe from the booking clerk that the flight would be on the same day. However it does state on my paper work that the flight is on the following day. Yes it would be a good idea to book into a hotel in Heathrow and I would like to book into the same hotel. Keep in touch.:thumbup:

Hi RLJ, There is a flight that night back to Manchester at 9pm but unfortunately we wont have enough time to get it due to getting our bags etc and this is why they have booked us on a flight the next day. I am booked into the comfort hotel near terminal 5, customer services for just you found it and booked it for me which was handy and the price is reasonable £41.....I just rang customer services and explained and they were very happy to help. I think it will be ok staying over a night especially after the long flight back from Bankok. I am on the 12 noon flight back to Manchester are you on the same?? 🙂 I am soooo' excited...:D

RLJ
  • (Member)
(Member)
'ange1' wrote:

'RLJ' wrote:

'ange1' wrote:

Hi RLJ, There is a flight that night back to Manchester at 9pm but unfortunately we wont have enough time to get it due to getting our bags etc and this is why they have booked us on a flight the next day. I am booked into the comfort hotel near terminal 5, customer services for just you found it and booked it for me which was handy and the price is reasonable £41.....I just rang customer services and explained and they were very happy to help. I think it will be ok staying over a night especially after the long flight back from Bankok. I am on the 12 noon flight back to Manchester are you on the same?? 🙂 I am soooo' excited...:D

Hello Angie 1

I am booked on the 12 noon flight back to Manchester too. I will also book the Comfort hotel . I'll get onto Customer services to book it for me. The butterflies are fluttering now !!!. Once Christmas goes by the time will soon be here. :thumbup:

RLJ
  • (Member)
(Member)
'ange1' wrote:

'RLJ' wrote:

'ange1' wrote:

Hello again Well I've also booked the Comfort Hotel at Heathrow for the 28 March.At least there will be a familiar face there :rolleyes: