Bridget Jane
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Does anyone know if we need Malarone for this trip?
RLJ
  • (Member)
(Member)
'Bridget wrote:

Hello Bridget Jane

Not long to go now !!!! I had my vaccinations on Monday, and according to the web site they used at the surgery ,malaria was very small risk. I was advised to wear long sleeves and use 50% DEET. Last time I took Malarone it made me feel unwell for a few days and I'm not anxious to have the same experience again. Once I'm in Thailand I want to hit the road running !!!!!!! Looking forward to meeting you.:thumbup:

Bridget Jane
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'RLJ' wrote:

'Bridget wrote:

T

Hello Bridget Jane

Not long to go now !!!! I had my vaccinations on Monday, and according to the web site they used at the surgery ,malaria was very small risk. I was advised to wear long sleeves and use 50% DEET. Last time I took Malarone it made me feel unwell for a few days and I'm not anxious to have the same experience again. Once I'm in Thailand I want to hit the road running !!!!!!! Looking forward to meeting you.:thumbup:

Thanks for your reply RLJ, I have taken Malarone before and suffered only a little and for one day. However I will do the same as you and not bother. I have 100 Deet spray which worked wonderfully in Kenya and the Amazon. Also 'Nosilife' trousers and long sleeved shirts so should be ok. Had all my vac's from last year so ok there. Really looking forward to meeting you! See you SOON 😃

Debs1961
(Member)
'Bridget wrote:

'RLJ' wrote:

'Bridget wrote:

T

Hello Bridget Jane

Thanks for your reply RLJ, I have taken Malarone before and suffered only a little and for one day. However I will do the same as you and not bother. I have 100 Deet spray which worked wonderfully in Kenya and the Amazon. Also 'Nosilife' trousers and long sleeved shirts so should be ok. Had all my vac's from last year so ok there. Really looking forward to meeting you! See you SOON :D

Hello to you both again! I am of the same opinion on the Malarone. We will be in a low risk area so will just take the 'heavy handed' deet wipes!! I am up to date with other injections (i like my holidays lol). Counting down the days now instead of months!!!! Not long till we are all at Heathrow feeling even more nervous!!!!

Regards

Debs