lad051067
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
I have never been on holiday by myself before and am feeling very scared......... any tips to actually get me on one of these trips and to enjoy myself :)

Swissie3
(Member)
Good morning - Anna here. I have just booked up for my first trip with JY too - September in Turkey, but I am not at all nervous - weird really. My husband left me in January 2010 and while I was more than happy to be separated (now divorced) it is a bit strange finding yourself on your own. So I FORCED myself to go out, to restaurants (with a book) and to concerts etc. It's not necessarily ideal but it is better than staying at home watching Coronation Street with Hilda Ogden's ceramic geese flying across the living room wall.

Take your courage in both hands and DO IT. I promise you you won't regret it. Have you ever taken a risk and regretted it? And even if you did regret it at least you knew, right! I think there is nothing worse in life than saying "if only", and once you take one "risk" the next one gets easier. So I can only encourage you to give it a try, - just this once OK - and if you really really hate it you never have to take a risk again:):):) I hope you pluck up the courage. Anna

Staffy
  • (Member)
(Member)
'lad051067' wrote:

I have never been on holiday by myself before and am feeling very scared......... any tips to actually get me on one of these trips and to enjoy myself :)

Hi, JUST DO IT !! Most of us felt apprehensive going for the 1st time. It is a great way to do a single holiday. The tour managers are very knowledgeable about the areas visited and they ensure that nobody is left out .

I went short haul to Italy for my 1st then off to America for my 2nd. now looking to book my 3rd sometime in septmber.

Hope to see on this site that you have taken the plunge, remember that everybody is in the same boat !!

Tess

sallyc
  • (Member)
(Member)
Don't think about it - just go for it. Find somewhere you've always wanted to go to then you can reassure yourself that atleast you will enjoy the place. I can absolutely promise you that by the time you meet up with the others you will be wondering what you were worried about and kicking yourself that you didn't try it sooner.

Once you've found the perfect holiday, the reservation staff will be able to tell you how many other people are booked along with the M-F split and age range. You can then post something on here and hopefully get chatting to the other people you will be holidaying with.

Remember that everybody is nervous to begin with. Try and turn the nerves in to excitement - you won't regret it.

nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
As the people before me have said.....GO FOR IT AND BOOK IT.... find a holiday thet you really like the look of and then BOOK IT....have a look at the couple of video links on here from Lesley and Cindy (that's me) might help with some of your questions you may have.. very safe way to travel great places to see and people to meet. so don't waste any more time life is to short to dither around..

Cindy

TimH
  • (Member)
(Member)
Just take Cindy's advice, I took the plunge 4 years ago and have now done 8 with 2 more booked for this year. Had some great experiences and am looking forward to even more travelling, not had a bad trip yet, my tip is just book it and if you're a bit nervous about introducing yourself, just make sure your just you luggage tag is on show on your hand luggage for when you check in / go to the exec lounge, there are always people in the group that will spot it and introduce themselves to you and make you feel welcome.
sjbardoe
(Member)
'lad051067' wrote:

Don't be worried. I have met some lovely people travelling on my own and don't forget, they are on their own as well!

Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi

I would say just go for it. Pick a destination you always wanted to visit and book it. I did just that in September 2009 and have never looked back. Of course, I was a bit nervous but soon found out that there was no need. Just You holidays are great and they look after you from start to finish. You will meet lots of new poeple and make friends. Life is too short to be scared!

Best wishes

Jaya