Tobermorey
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi everyone. I'm thinking about Thailand later in the year. My experience of travelling as a single female person has been that everyone seems to disappear after the evening meal, usually to bed! I like to stay up and have a couple of drinks in the bar or/and/then go out for an evening stroll with a few people and explore. I am in my early 60s (ouch!), sociable and can't bear the thought of frittering away precious hours on my own. Can any previous travellers enlighten me as to how it is with JY? Many thanks.
nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hello and Welcome

Thailand how wonderfull I hope that you give Just You a go.. The evenings can depend on the style of tours I have done 8. Some of the USA tours are very busy during the day and early starts so some people just want to eat and then have a bit of quiet time and relax. I have been on tours where I have stayed up to the small hours drinking !!! but then again I have had days when I just want to eat and kick my shoes of and relax say by 21.30. Also on some tours I have been on it might not be wise to venture to far on your own or say as two ladies very late at night. I must say that on all the tours that the age range does span many years but they/we are a hardy bunch that starts early and can stay up LATE!!.

Good Luck

Cindy

Tobermorey
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Thanks Cindy! Now I have to work out how to get from the West Country to Heathrow ........ :s
nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
Where there is a will there will be a way...

Internal flight? National Express? rail?

I know people who travel the length and breadth of this country for a JY holiday so I am sure you will be able to sort it out Good Luck..

Cindy

Mick W
  • (Member)
(Member)
Think you'll find there is a mix of those who go to their rooms and those like yourself (and me) who like to stay up late, have a chat and laugh in the bar, the option is yours.

As for getting to heathrow I know a few use national express, I personally either use the train (can get cheap fares if book 12 weeks or so in advance) or drive. If your flight is early you can get some decent hotel/park deals around heathrow.

LovelyLesley1
(Member)
'Tobermorey' wrote:

Hi everyone. I'm thinking about Thailand later in the year. My experience of travelling as a single female person has been that everyone seems to disappear after the evening meal, usually to bed! I like to stay up and have a couple of drinks in the bar or/and/then go out for an evening stroll with a few people and explore. I am in my early 60s (ouch!), sociable and can't bear the thought of frittering away precious hours on my own. Can any previous travellers enlighten me as to how it is with JY? Many thanks.

Hi & Welcome from me too.

Thailand sounds a great idea & I hope you go ahead & book it. I haven't been there (yet). Just You is very safe for women & your tour manager will take good care of you, make sure you're not left out.

I am usually one of the 'last man standing' group - not keen on early nights (particularly if there is dancing) & have never, ever taken a book to read! The age group on any trip is usually mixed, depending on the type of holiday & this is not a problem because everyone gets on well.

As you are travelling from Heathrow, if you drive then I can recommend staying at the Premier Inn on Bath Road the night before (they have rooms especially for ladies travelling alone - which was a nice surprise). I stayed there last year for my China trip & will do so again when I do Route 66 in September. The first time I was a little apprehensive because I live in the Midlands and we have so few regional & no connecting flights but honestly it was so easy & I would never worry about having to travel from Heathrow again.

If you don't drive (or would rather not on this occasion) National Express or train might be the answer. Make it part of your holiday & enjoy the experience. I hope you have a wonderful holiday - I am sure you will. If you have any further questions, I am sure you can get answers on here (& in Olly's Ask Your Editor section).

Be happy,

Best wishes,

Lesley :angel:

nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
Lesley

If you coming up to LHR hotels night before any time drop me a line and it's just up the road from me if your staying in hotel I could meet up for drinkies !!!. that's if you would like to.

Cindy