joan.graham
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi been looking at this site for months but havent plucked up the courage to book anything - lots of good review though to spur me on- really want a long haul say - usa - but wonder if I should do weekend break or short european hol beforehand to see what I think any suggestions[php][/php]
nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
Welcome Joan,

Glad you have come on the boards to join us, I don't know what your circumstances are but this is what I did. Like you I looked around on the internet I then requested the brochure and sat down with a cuppa, and the one that jumped out to me was Bos,New Eng,NY. This was 5 years ago before JY started there taster weekends or evening presentations, I know some people find these are worth while. There is nothing to worry about HONEST, I went long haul for my first tour and have never looked back I have now done 7 tours with New Zealand Booked for 2012.

So my final suggestion to you is. YOU book the holiday that appeals the most to you if that's long haul then go for it. Take a book to read if your ever lonely which you wont be I have only ever read 1 book on these holidays, and that was because it was to hot to do much else.. It is strange at first but people mix in really well from the start and you will visit some great countries and see fantastic things with a like minded group of people. I wish you well and I hope you go for it. Anything else I can help with just ask away. If I can't answer the questions I am sure someone else can ..

Cindy

nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
Forgot to say I have done Austrian Lakes...well worth going on, Highlights of Tuscany was good and Poland and the Tatra Mountains, the memory of Auschwitz will stay with me forever, but also stunning scenery on that tour.As in european tours.

Cindy

Mick W
  • (Member)
(Member)
My first JY holiday was Americas Golden West and I never regretted it, had a superb time.

Since done 2 european and another American trip with JY.

My advice is just go for the holiday you really fancy.

anni
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hello Joan, I've just booked my third Just You holiday, Golden West (USA), for May next year, they really are an excellent company to travel with and they look after you so well, I'm sure you will find a holiday to suit you and you will have a great time, trust me!
maggie-b
(Member)
I am about to do my 10th Just You holiday.Over the years I have been to Monets Garden to South Africa and all the holidays have been excellent. You can dip in and out the excursions, there is no pressure to join in but you will meet some great people and have fun. Pick somewhere you have always wanted to go and go for it.
lizzy1960
(Member)
'joan.graham' wrote:

Hi been looking at this site for months but havent plucked up the courage to book anything - lots of good review though to spur me on- really want a long haul say - usa - but wonder if I should do weekend break or short european hol beforehand to see what I think any suggestions[php][/php]

Hello Joan My 1st holiday this year was with JUST YOU to Germany Ahr Valley it was for 4 days it was a rambling holiday made nice freinds some of us are meeting up in November Reunion Saturday til Sunday Cheltenham also i have booked to go away at christmas differnt part of Germany which ever holiday you choose you will have no regrets & won't look back thinking you shudnt of gone you will probaly booking for next holiday enjoy :thumbup:

JustAndy103
(Member)
Hi Joan

Welcome to Just You. It is a little bit of a dilema isn't it choosing what to do or where to go. Just You do a number of short City breaks and also some 5 day holidays which are all very good which are very handy, and can double up as a short break and a taster all in one, if you require a little reassurance before trying something further afield. You generally find, That as you turn each page in the brochure, then the trips become, more and more appealling. However if you would like to go straight for a long haul trip, then this will not be a problem. You will probably find that whatever trip you chose. A large number of your fellow travellers will be in a similar boat as yourself. You will also have the services of an experienced Tour Manager to assist you, Throughout your tour. So my tip is this. Have a look through the brochure, making sure you check the intinery too. . Whatever holiday suits you pick up the phone and make a booking. Good Luck & enjoy your trip

Regards Andy

Faith
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Joan

Dont give it another thought, just go for it. Going on a Just You holiday five years ago was one of the best things I ever did. It took me ages to pluck up the courage to book and I was so worried, I almost dropped out the night before I left. I am so glad I did not. My first holiday was Highlights of Tuscany. Everything was well organised, everyone was so friendly and the rep was great. She really took time to make sure everyone was happy and getting on together. Idid not have time to read a book or send postcards. Came back with contacts that i have met up with on other holidays since. So far have only been to Europe but am thinking about National Parks and Canyons for next year, maybe China the year after that!

Jerry1960
(Member)
I spent a lovely christmas in Edinburgh with JY and it was so good going to China with them on Tuesday. The customer service is excellent and they realy look after you. Where ever you pick to go it will be great and value for money without cutting corners:rolleyes:
ElaineC
(Member)
Hi Joan,

I have not long returned from my first holiday with Just You. Couldn't fault them - they really look after you from the moment you book the holiday. I took a couple of months to pluck up the courage to book the holiday, then one evening, when I was feeling brave, I picked up the phone and made a booking on the Heart of Alpine Europe trip. I am so glad I did. I will definitely be booking with them again. I made some really good friends, a couple of which I am meeting up with next weekend. The holiday was brilliant, everyone on the trip was really friendly and the tour guide was really good. I did think about a Discovery Weekend, but decided on a European holiday instead. Two ladies on our tour did the Discovery Weekend in Leeds and they said they had a really good time. I am now considering doing the National Parks and Canyons with Just You next year. So just go for it - pick a holiday you like and pick up the phone - you won't regret it. Elaine

j91964
  • (Member)
(Member)
What kind of age range of people go on these trips? I am middle 40's but very young at heart and worried people may be too old. Sorry not meaning to be offensive !!
janeyalan
(Member)
Hi, just returned from my 3rd trip, have now done China, Cilento Coast and Costa Rica, all fantastic, so good luck with your choice.
Jools
  • (Member)
(Member)
I chose to do a 4 day break for my first JY time away just to see how I liked it. I thought 4 days was long enough if I felt it wasn't for me. However.............I had a great time!! Go for it, you will love it and it is so good to be able to travel as a single without feeling lonely.