Richard Leadbetter
(Member) (Topic Starter)
hi i'm going on my first Just you holiday to Croatia Istrian coast

in September has any one been?

regards

Richard

bondensbabe
(Member)
Just returned from there on Tuesday RIchard. My first visit for 25 years to Rabac. The hotel is very good. Got to say that Just You did well to change to it from the other hotel they were using up to this year. The staff are very friendly, the food is fine with a very wide choice for both breakfast and evening meal. Rooms are kept spotless although you dont get a balcony. There is everything in your room that you will need except for tea/coffee making, including a laundry service if you need it. I didnt use the indoor pool but the outdoor one is nice with a terrific view.

The included Istrian Discovery trip is very interesting, but make sure you have good footwear for it, especially in Rovinji. You will enjoy the included food and wine tasting. I didnt go on the long trips to Plitvice, and the caves and horses as I had been before, and also gave Venice a miss because it was a very early morning start. However I did go on the fish picnic to Cres, which was GREAT, very well organised and a lot of fun!

Excellent local representation from "V" ably supported by Kristina and Walter the main driver. Great bunch of fellow guests, we all had a laugh and gelled together very well.

Anything else you need to know please ask away!

mulberrymarmalade
(Member)
Hi Richard

Like 'bondensbabe' (who I now know by her Sunday name!) I returned from Croatia's Istrian coast on Tuesday. I would endorse everything that she said - it was a fantastic holiday in all respects. The two longer trips to the Lipica stud and the caves (in Slovenia) and the Plitvic Lakes were long and the coach on these trips was smaller and not particularly comfortable BUT both the trips were to stunning places and well worth considering. I went on both these trips as well as the included Istrian Discovery tour and the Fish BBQ trip to Cres and this made for quite a busy holiday! If you are contemplating the trips to Venice or Slovenia (stud and caves) you will need to have some euros as well as kuna for Croatia.

This was my first JY holiday and I was apprehensive (I almost chickened out the night before) but it was so enjoyable that I am considering another one later this year.

Have a great holiday

Sue

'Richard wrote:

hi i'm going on my first Just you holiday to Croatia Istrian coast

in September has any one been?

regards

Richard

Mick W
  • (Member)
(Member)
Just returned yesterday, ok was a bit of a traitor and went with a friend so used travelsphere (but basically same holiday and tour manager), its a lovely area and i'm sure you'll enjoy.

Didn't do the caves & stud farm, lakes or venice so cant comment but the fish picnic was a good day out.

If you like ice cream like me you'll love it, really good and very cheap, as are cakes, coffee and beer, can't believe how little we spent.