churst
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
I'm new to Just You and about to book my first single holiday to South Africa in January. Would appreciate some feedback from anyone who has been or who might be booked on the January 2012 trip.

BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi check the Ask the Editor forum, as there is a posting there from someone who is going in Jan! I'm just back from this trip and did the add-on as well, the most fantastic holiday of my life - you will love it!

Have a wonderful time,

Bob

HelenJ
  • (Member)
(Member)
'churst' wrote:

I'm new to Just You and about to book my first single holiday to South Africa in January. Would appreciate some feedback from anyone who has been or who might be booked on the January 2012 trip.

Hi, I went in Feb last year - a holiday of a lifetime! Loved Cape Town & the safaris. I've been on 8 Justyou holidays & loved them all.

Helenj

mikethesaint
(Member)
'churst' wrote:

Hi,

I did this trip recently with the add on and it was my first trip as a single traveller. It is a wonderful holiday and I'm sure you will enjoy every minute of it. Before I went I had so many questions about money, optional excursions, mosquitoes, electrical supply etc. I used this forum and not only did I get all my answers but also made contact with 3 other fellow travellers doing the same trip. When we finally met up at Heathrow it already felt like we knew one another.

I would recommend you using the search facility on the forum and check back on any threads and posts relating to South Africa over the last 6 months. You will then see the various questions asked and pick up some very useful tips especially in the Ask the Editor section.

Enjoy your holiday although I know you will.

Mike

Gillian2011
(Member)
Hi,

I came back from this FABULOUS holiday yesterday. It was truly wonderful. Don't hesitate to book it. It was my first solo holiday but it most certainly will not be my last. I felt unsure about solo travelling until now, I would recommend Just You holidays to everyone, it's a wonderful, safe, interesting way to travel. The hotels/lodges we stayed in were very good, as were the tour manager and local guide. I did all the optional trips and they were worth doing, especially the Kruger trips. I did one optional whole day and we saw all the "Big Five" plus many, many more but the next day on an included half day trip we saw very few animals. The thing is , as they tell you at the time, they are wild animals and so it's pot luck if you see many or few. So my plan to take every opportunity turned out to be the right one on this occasion. It meant a few very early starts, up at 4am, but well worth it. It's hard to praise the holiday enough, the people places and experiences were terrific. I took a Cash Passport pre loaded with Rand as you can only take 5000 Rand in cash with you, about £420 depending on the exchange rate. The optional trips could cost this amount, there are ATM's almost everywhere so getting access to a Cash Passport or any bank card is easy, I would recommend that you don't go to an ATM alone. If you want to know anything in particular I'm sure Olly will give you my email address, I would be glad to help, the advice from others who had already done this holiday helped me a great deal.

Kindest regards

Gillian

churst
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Gillian

Thx so much for taking the trouble to reply. I have booked for 19 January and am really looking forward to it. I have a few more queries which you might be able to help me with so will ask Olly for your e-mail address.

Chris

nuttyhazy
(Member)
Hi Chris

Saw your post re SA 19th Jan. I'm booked on the same trip, really looking forward to it. I noticed that you were asking Gillian for tips, anything worth knowing?

I have never been on a JY holiday before so feeling a bit apprehensive.

Happy New Year to you. See you in Jan.

Rgds

Hazel

nuttyhazy
(Member)
'churst' wrote:

nuttyhazy
(Member)
Hi Chris

Just read you post, I have booked the same trip. Did you get any tips from any previous travellers? I've not been on a JY holiday before and am really looking forward to it.

Thanks

Hazel

Sharon
  • (Member)
(Member)
'churst' wrote:

Do It Do It Do It i did this trip a few years ago with just you and it is tops of the holidays i have done with just you.Just amazing the whole trip was fantastic and so interesting. Every hotel was lovely clean and comfortable, so well organised. I also did the add on to see victoria falls and visited the chobie national park again another fantastic add on. I have done a few trip like i say with just you as never tried another company and have never been dissapointed. Don't think about it any longer book and enjoy

Happy travelling

Regards Sharon B:

thumbup: