caththo
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi

I've booked to go on the America's Golden West trip departing on 6th October 2008. Can anyone tell me if they've been on this trip before or if they are booked on this holiday. It would be fantastic to write to people who are going!!

Best regards

Catherine

vina
  • (Member)
(Member)
hi catherine

i have a provisional booking for this holiday going in october too!

i think there was a mishap with the price on the site and so i have been thinking about it over the weekend as it is more costly than i thought. however, have had lots of family/friend encouragement to go!

it will be my first jy holiday - well my first holiday away alone so a little nervous but determined to make it something i do!

the advisors on the phone have been great and give lots of info. therefore, my booking looks likely, so hopefully we will meet!

great to hear from someone else going.

best wishes, vina

caththo
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Vina

The holiday is pricey but worth it I think.

This will be my third holiday with Just You but my first long holiday. The other trips I've been on have only been for four days (Rome in October last year and Prague in March this year). They are good holidays with a wide age range of people.

Hopefully see you in October.

Regards

Catherine

Cheryl- your editor
(Member)
Hi vina,

So glad you have made your desision, I bet it is a big relief. Now you can go ahead and start planning!

The cost of an average meal is as follows:

Cooked Breakfast with coffee:

$8 - $10

Lunch/Dinner, 2 courses with drink

$15-$20

As a guideline,

* a glass of beer will cost approximately £2,

* a snack £3

* a 2/3 course meal £15.

When I have visited the USA, I have always taken dollars with me, as I find that I can control my spending that way.

All shops accept major credit cards and travellers cheques, so if you didnt want to take cash then this would be fine. However if you change your mind when you get there, Travellers cheques are easily converted to cash at any bank. You'll probably need to take your passport along to prove your identity though.

There isnt really a stated dress code for this tour, so I would just take light comfortable clothing for the day time, vest tops and linen trousers etc. Throughout the tour, the temperature will range between 20-33 degrees so it will be quite warm. However you may want to take something to cover up at night incase it gets abit chilly. Obviously, if you are planning on going out in the evenings then you might want to take a couple of dressy garments.

I hope this helps, Vina.

If you have anymore questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Warm regards

Cheryl, your editor

vina
  • (Member)
(Member)
hi cheryl

yes it is a relief! although i have to confirm the booking by this evening.

i am a little confused, however, as to what is included and what is not. the site states accomodation with breakfast but as you kindly provided bearkfast costs I am wondering if breakfast is included or not?

I also spoke to someone on your call line and he said the Universal Studios tour is not included but on the site it states it is. Could you please confirm?

Thank you for your guidance on money - I think cash is a good option and easy to get hold of. And thanks for your advice on clothing - you know how us women are!

Hope to hear from you.

Best wishes

Vina

Cheryl- your editor
(Member)
Hi Vina

Sorry for the confusion,

Your breakfasts are definately included in your holiday...no need to worry! I just wanted to give you a full price guide on all meals, incase your were planning on venturing out.

I have checked (and checked again to make doubley sure) and the Universal Studios tour is also definately included. I dont know whether you have visited before, but I have been to the Florida park several times and it is amazing. U will have a great time!!

I hope this is of help, I just wish i was going too!

Best Wishes

Cheryl, your editor

vina
  • (Member)
(Member)
Dear Cheryl

Many thanks for confirming.

Vina

JillB
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hello, I am going on my first singles holiday to America on october 6th and would love to hear from anyone who is going

Jill

ozman
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Jill,

nice to hear from you, I'm booked on the same holiday, my first JY singles hol too! I know its still 5 months away, but it would be nice to get to hear from people doing the trip. Has anyone booked up for the get-together the night before?

vina
  • (Member)
(Member)
hello jill and ozman

I am on this trip also - my first Just You holiday and my first time away alone.

I have not booked on the night before though.

I would love to hear more about you both - yes 5 months will soon zoom round! But I have to admit it does not quite feel real at the moment!

hope to hear from you, vina

Debs A
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hello all,

I am also going on this trip. Really looking forward to is as it is my treat for my 40th birthday, we are actually away for my birthday so hopefully we can turn it into a celebration.

This is my first JY trip, although I have travelled alone before.

Just a couple of concerns - firstly I hope that we all get on. What a nightmare if we didn't. Secondly, are we able to get out and about on our own, if I wanted to skip one of the included trips - I suppose I am used to doing things my own way.

Anyway looking forward to meeting you all - see you at the airport!

Cheryl- your editor
(Member)
Hi Deborah,

Thanks for your message. I just wanted to email you to let you know that if you ever feel like you dont want to go on one the included trips, just to spend some time on your own for the day, then that is absolutely fine with us. (although i am sure that your fellow travellers will miss you!) However I am 100% sure that once you get there, you will not want to miss out on a second!

I hope this has helped, I know it is very daunting going on your own for the first time. And remember, if you need any information or advice, just email me and I will be happy to help.

Warm wishes

Cheryl, your editor

vina
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Deborah

Great to hear from you.

There do seem to be a lot of trips so I guess the beauty is you can drop in and out as wanted.

A birthday celeb - count me in! And how lovely to be out there at the time. I will be 36 in June so my birthday is a bit out but any excuse to celeb!

Will you be flying from LHR? I am, so hope to meet you there or on route.

Take care, vina