Shahzad
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hello All,

Just joined this website! Just fancy travelling with new people, away from family etc. Any tips?

I think I'll stick to Europe to start offwith - any feedback here?

Thanks,

Shahzad.

Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi

I would say, just go for it. I did my first Just You holiday last year and to begin with I was a bit nervous, but everyone was very friendly and we all got on well. Pick a destination you would like to visit and book it. I enjoyed my first holiday so much that I have already booked one for this September.

Regards

janicek
(Member)
Hi,

My advice would be to book somewhere you have always wanted to go...Europe or further afield. My first time was to the Canadian Rockies with Alaska add on. It was wonderful.

Next time was the South African Explorer with Victoria Falls add on. This year I am not venturing as far, have booked Austria in October but still looking forward to it as it's another place high on my "to do" list!

Enjoy yourself, I have no doubt you'll have a great time.

Janice

twinsgashead
(Member)
Hi everyone. I've just found JY thanks to an article in the Guardian. My mum was widowed last November and I really want her to not give up on holidays abroad - she loves sun, meeting like-minded people, seeing sites etc but is suffering from a crisis of confidence at the moment. Reading the testimonials I'm sure she'd love one of the trips but think she has a fear of organised trips a la Shearings from the 1970s!!! Has anyone been in the same boat and can offer me some advice so I can gently persuade her to take the plunge. She's a young 64. Thanks very much
nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
Twinsgashead

Re your Mum Bless her...what I did when my Mother In Law was widowed, was I booked a trip away with her with JY to show her what sort of holidays they were she loved it and so did I ..

We have both booked other holidays but NOT together! once was enough LOL..

Is this something maybe you could try?

There honestly is nothing for her to worry about they are great fun I am 51 and my Ma In Law is 75, we first used JY 4 years ago..

Cindy

joyce1
  • (Member)
(Member)
aHi twinsgashead

Have not been on this websit4e for a while, when I booked my last holiday with jy it was sept 09 to china, like your mum I was a widow 66 years of age fairly fit, and had taken only one holiday on my own before Itook the plunge with jy to china, and all I can say it was wonderful from start to finish.

Try and encourage her to pick a holiday she would like, and if you can put it on the website under the holiday heading date etc: it may take a while but in due course I am sure she will get a response from someone. I did

and spoke on line with one or two others with regard to the holiday, although met lots of other people on the holiay. We all found one another at the airport, on this particular holiday there was quite a bit of travelling, and I am sure for everyone, it was re-assuring to know we were all looking-out for each other.

I am now looking to book a holiday for 2011 have no hesitation in booking with jy.

Hope this is of some help.

regards

joyce1

when I decided on china, and even met-up with a lady at heathrow to have company to check-in with, and I was travelling from pembrokeshire in s/wales. But I would still have been okay even if I had not met the lady in question at the airport, as everyone met-up at check-in.