Sue I
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi

Who is the tour guide for Borneo in Oct 17 please?

Thanks

Sue

Moderator2
(Member)
Hi Sue,

The Tour Guide/Manager for Wild Borneo on October 19th will be Kim Clark.

Kind Regards,

Amy

Sue I
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Moderator2' wrote:

Hi Sue,

The Tour Guide/Manager for Wild Borneo on October 19th will be Kim Clark.

Kind Regards,

Amy

Thank you Amy

How can I contact Kim? I would like to know if she is travelling with the group from Heathrow or if we have to meet in Borneo.

Also when I arrive at Heathrow I'm under the impression we are met by a rep before our departure and we can go to a lounge. Is this correct and will the details be provided to the group before we go

Thanks. 

Sue

Moderator2
(Member)
Hi Sue,

Sadly you won't be able to contact the Tour Manager prior to the tour as we don't normally give TM details to customers prior to their departure.

However, I can confirm that Kim will be travelling with the group from Heathrow and will meet you at check-in; where there will also be a Just You airport rep.

Customers will be sent their voucher for the airport lounge with their final documentation about 2 weeks before the tour.

Kindest Regards,

Amy

Sue I
(Member) (Topic Starter)
martind
(Member)
Hi.  I just got back from doing the September Borneo Trip, which was brilliant

Here is some info.  Malaysia have introduced a Tourist Tax at Hotels of 10RM per night (This tax didn't apply to stays at the lodges)

Also, some sites have a camera tax. the canopy walk charges 5RM, the Orangutan Centre charges 10RM

Sue I
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'martind' wrote:

Here is some info.  Malaysia have introduced a Tourist Tax at Hotels of 10RM per night (This tax didn't apply to stays at the lodges)

Also, some sites have a camera tax. the canopy walk charges 5RM, the Orangutan Centre charges 10RM

Hi

Thank you for the info. Re the weather... Was it always warm and rainy? Are all the hotels and lodges casual? I can't imagine having to dress up in Borneo! Anything else you can think of would be gratefully received 

Sadly I haven't Been able to make contact with anyone on my tour to chat about things

Cheers

Sue

martind
(Member)
'The weather was warm and humid most of the days.  It never really rained whilst we were there, but when it did was normally only about 30 mins or over night.Everything was casual (hotel / lodges) Be prepared to get muddy if you go Tree planting' wrote:

'martind' wrote:

Hi

Thank you for the info. Re the weather... Was it always warm and rainy? Are all the hotels and lodges casual? I can't imagine having to dress up in Borneo! Anything else you can think of would be gratefully received 

Sadly I haven't Been able to make contact with anyone on my tour to chat about things

Cheers

Sue

PaulaH
(Member)
Hi Sue

I can agree with Martin, (Hi Martin) this trip was Brilliant.

This is the first time I've managed to get on the forum since coming back so catching up.

Both before and in the jungle were very casual, there is really no need to dress up. A few of the group did dress up a bit more for some of the evening's when in hotels but it was still very hot and humid into the evening's so I suggest comfort over anything else.

I loved his tour from start to finish (I did Singapore as well) but the highlight most definitely is the time spent in the jungle....... cruising down the river wildlife spotting. Absolutely amazing and the chance to see Orangutans in the wild.

There's probably not really much other advise to give.......there are a couple of long drives, with enough stops on the way, aircon on the coach helps alot and views to pass the time. Make sure you go and explore a bit when in Kota Kinabalu.........the fish market/street food area is worth a wander around , if for nothing else but to see the array of things available, a popular place for the locals.

This was only my second JY trip but was definitely a trip of a lifetime.

If there's anything else you want to know, I'll do my best to answer.

Paula

Moderator2
(Member)
Hi Paula,

I'm delighted to hear that you had a brilliant time on your trip to Borneo.

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences with the wider Just You Community.

I have forwarded your comments on to the wider team here at JYHQ.

Kindest Regards,

Amy

Pandora
(Member)
'Sue I' wrote:

'martind' wrote:

Hi

Cheers

Sue

Hi Sue

Just to let you know that you are not the only one going to Borneo this October.  I am going as well and doing the add on to Singapore as well.

Jennie

Sue I
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Pandora' wrote:

'Sue I' wrote:

'martind' wrote:

Hi

Cheers

Sue

Hi Sue

Just to let you know that you are not the only one going to Borneo this October.  I am going as well and doing the add on to Singapore as well.

Jennie

Hi Jennie

Lovely to hear from you. I'm staying at premier inn terminal 4 on weds night. Are you travelling up weds or Thursday ?

I look forward to meeting you very soon

Sue

Sue I
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'PaulaH' wrote:

Hi Sue

I can agree with Martin, (Hi Martin) this trip was Brilliant.

This is the first time I've managed to get on the forum since coming back so catching up.

Both before and in the jungle were very casual, there is really no need to dress up. A few of the group did dress up a bit more for some of the evening's when in hotels but it was still very hot and humid into the evening's so I suggest comfort over anything else.

I loved his tour from start to finish (I did Singapore as well) but the highlight most definitely is the time spent in the jungle....... cruising down the river wildlife spotting. Absolutely amazing and the chance to see Orangutans in the wild.

There's probably not really much other advise to give.......there are a couple of long drives, with enough stops on the way, aircon on the coach helps alot and views to pass the time. Make sure you go and explore a bit when in Kota Kinabalu.........the fish market/street food area is worth a wander around , if for nothing else but to see the array of things available, a popular place for the locals.

This was only my second JY trip but was definitely a trip of a lifetime.

If there's anything else you want to know, I'll do my best to answer.

Paula

Thank you very much Paula. That's really helpful .Ill definitely try the street food!! Can't wait!!

Sue

pat534
(Member)
Thanks for your report.

I am going next month.have heard that leech socks may be necessary .did you use them?

BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Pat,

I brought them but they weren't necessary - those who had them wore them only in Kinabalu NP as there was a low chance of getting bitten there.  We modelled them for the rest of the group who thought we were hilarious!

Cheers,

Bob

catherineraw
(Member)
'pat534' wrote:

Thanks for your report.

I am going next month.have heard that leech socks may be necessary .did you use them?

pat534
(Member)
Pandora
(Member)
'Sue I' wrote:

'Pandora' wrote:

'Sue I' wrote:

'martind' wrote:

Hi

Cheers

Sue

Hi Sue

Jennie

Hi Jennie

Lovely to hear from you. I'm staying at premier inn terminal 4 on weds night. Are you travelling up weds or Thursday ?

Sue

Hi Sue

Yes I am staying at the Premier Inn at Terminal 4 as well on Wed night.   If you would like to meet up, I will get there at about 6.45 p.m. 

Jennie

Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
You definitely do not need leech socks in Borneo - did not see a single leech.

Regards

Jaya

Sue I
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'YPandora' wrote:

'Sue I' wrote:

'Pandora' wrote:

'Sue I' wrote:

'martind' wrote:

Hi

Cheers

Sue

Hi Sue

Jennie

Hi Jennie

Sue

Hi Sue

Yes I am staying at the Premier Inn at Terminal 4 as well on Wed night.   If you would like to meet up, I will get there at about 6.45 p.m. 

Jennie

Hi again Jennie

Great idea! I'll look out for you. I'll be wearing beige ish trousers and a beige and white striped top. 

See you tomorrow

Sue