JeanK62
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
I have recently returned from the September trip to Japan ( I chose not to do the add on to Hong Kong as I've been before). What a fascinating place it is. There's no doubt that it's a long journey, but there's a fascinating mix of traditional and modern, kimonos and shrines and bullet trains.

There is a lot of travelling involved, and a few early starts, as the cities are far apart but time definitely doesn't drag.

We visited many shrines, temples, and cities. The food may be challenging, especially if you don't like fish, but there were many different eating experiences and my skills with chopsticks improved dramatically! There are a few opportunities to eat 'Western' style and our group of 16 used them if we wished.

I would like to add that our local guides were fantastic,as was Steve, our JY guide. My luggage arrived 5 days after me and I can only say I am extremely grateful to all the guides for doing all they did to chase my luggage, and my fellow travellers helping me out with clothing. Being a fairly small group, we mixed well.

Highlights for me were the Japanese gardens, Hiroshima~ quite sobering~ and the vast range of eating experiences!

Practicalities: worldwide adapter works fine, we had no problem with mossies, hotels were lovely and go with an open mind and try everything. Nearly forgot - make use of the free water in the first hotel, top it up from the tap water( perfectly safe) and put it in your fridge ready for the next day.

Happy to answer questions, but well worth the journey.

Jean

nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
Jean

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review, sounds like you have had a good tour.

Cindy

PaulineD
(Member)
'JeanK' wrote:

I have recently returned from the September trip to Japan ( I chose not to do the add on to Hong Kong as I've been before). What a fascinating place it is. There's no doubt that it's a long journey, but there's a fascinating mix of traditional and modern, kimonos and shrines and bullet trains.

There is a lot of travelling involved, and a few early starts, as the cities are far apart but time definitely doesn't drag.

We visited many shrines, temples, and cities. The food may be challenging, especially if you don't like fish, but there were many different eating experiences and my skills with chopsticks improved dramatically! There are a few opportunities to eat 'Western' style and our group of 16 used them if we wished.

I would like to add that our local guides were fantastic,as was Steve, our JY guide. My luggage arrived 5 days after me and I can only say I am extremely grateful to all the guides for doing all they did to chase my luggage, and my fellow travellers helping me out with clothing. Being a fairly small group, we mixed well.

Highlights for me were the Japanese gardens, Hiroshima~ quite sobering~ and the vast range of eating experiences!

Practicalities: worldwide adapter works fine, we had no problem with mossies, hotels were lovely and go with an open mind and try everything.

Happy to answer questions, but well worth the journey.

Jean

Hi Jean,

many thanks for your review.

I am contemplating this holiday for next May and I think you have helped me to make up my mind!!

PaulineD

Annam
  • (Member)
(Member)
Pauline

I was on the same trip as Jean - it was a fab holiday.

I did the Hong Kong add on which nicely finished the great holiday.

Worth doing.

Anna

JeanK62
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Jean,

I am contemplating this holiday for next May and I think you have helped me to make up my mind!!

PaulineD

Hi Pauline,

I hope it's positive. It's a fascinating place but a tiring holiday. Wiould definitely recommend it.

Jean

PaulineD
(Member)
'JeanK' wrote:

Hi Jean,

PaulineD

Hi Pauline,

I hope it's positive. It's a fascinating place but a tiring holiday. Wiould definitely recommend it.

Jean

Hi Jean,

Definitely going to put down the deposit after next pay day. Going in May as then I will be away for my birthday. This will be my 5th holiday with Just You.

PaulineD

PaulineD
(Member)
'Annam' wrote:

Pauline

I was on the same trip as Jean - it was a fab holiday.

I did the Hong Kong add on which nicely finished the great holiday.

Worth doing.

Anna

Hi Anna, I'm going for it but I don't think I will be able to do the Hong Kong add on unfortunately as, like a lot of people, work governs the number of days holiday I have.

Still, only 407 days before I retire and then I can take as long as I want!!

PaulineD

PerfectBlue97
(Member)
Hi

Was there much choice in food, or was it a set menu?