GeoffT
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
I am thinking of taking the plunge next year and going long haul to japan. Is there anyone out there who has done this trip and could give me a heads up. ie What the flights where like and how do you cope with all the hotel changes. I have done 15 tours with Jy but only Europe. Any response would be appreciated. Geoff
Derek
  • (Member)
(Member)
'GeoffT' wrote:

I am thinking of taking the plunge next year and going long haul to japan. Is there anyone out there who has done this trip and could give me a heads up. ie What the flights where like and how do you cope with all the hotel changes. I have done 15 tours with Jy but only Europe. Any response would be appreciated. Geoff

Hi Geoff.

I went to Japan and Hong Kong with JY earlier this year.  It’s a wonderful tour.  Our flights were fine.  We travelled with Cathay Pacific, via Hong Kong.  There was a short break at Hong Kong airport before our onward flight to Tokyo.  

Japan is a beautiful country and the people are so polite and friendly.  During the tour, you will travel on the Shinkansen (the bullet train).  Your luggage will travel separately, by road - take any valuables in a rucksack for that journey.  The hotels we stayed in were of high standard (the hotel in Atami was basic, but it’s for one night only - you will have the opportunity to try the onsen baths at the hotel).  You would be living out of a suitcase but that gives you the chance to experience and see a lot of the country.

I would recommend this tour to anyone.  You won’t be disappointed....go ahead and book.

Derek

Travelcam
(Member)
'Derek wrote:

'GeoffT' wrote:

Hi Geoff.

I went to Japan and Hong Kong with JY earlier this year.  It’s a wonderful tour.  Our flights were fine.  We travelled with Cathay Pacific, via Hong Kong.  There was a short break at Hong Kong airport before our onward flight to Tokyo.  

Japan is a beautiful country and the people are so polite and friendly.  During the tour, you will travel on the Shinkansen (the bullet train).  Your luggage will travel separately, by road - take any valuables in a rucksack for that journey.  The hotels we stayed in were of high standard (the hotel in Atami was basic, but it’s for one night only - you will have the opportunity to try the onsen baths at the hotel).  You would be living out of a suitcase but that gives you the chance to experience and see a lot of the country.

I would recommend this tour to anyone.  You won’t be disappointed....go ahead and book.

Derek

Derek
  • (Member)
(Member)
'Hi Travelcam. wrote:

'Derek Hello, I am booked for Japan next Spring, I wonder if you could tell me if it is OK to take things like Anadin/Paracetamol and Antihistamines into the country without prior approval as I have heard different stories regarding this. Thank you.' wrote:

'GeoffT' wrote:

Hi Geoff.

Derek

Travelcam
(Member)
'Derek wrote:

'Hi Travelcam.  I knew that Japan had strict restrictions on medicines and decided not to take any medication with me.  Some members of the group took travel sickness tablets but they contacted the Japanese embassy beforehand.  See https:// wrote:

'Derek Hello, I am booked for Japan next Spring, I wonder if you could tell me if it is OK to take things like Anadin/Paracetamol and Antihistamines into the country without prior approval as I have heard different stories regarding this. Thank you.' wrote:

'GeoffT' wrote:

Hi Geoff.

Derek