Heddon
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
I have never travelled with Just you before so I phoned Customer Services to get a reference in order to check in on line and choose my seat for my BA flight to Europe next week. Really surprised to be informed that as it is a group booking in Economy class Just You don't give out individual customer references to enable on line check in. I have travelled with several other tour operators on a group booking and have always been able to check in online and choose my seat. Why is Just You different?  The customer services rep just kept on saying that it was because it was a group booking, but that doesn't explain why Just you is different to all the other tour companies. It seems odd in this day and age when on line check in is completely normal.  In fact Easy Jet customers can only check in on line, there's no other option.

Of course if I had booked the BA flight myself and met up with the group later I would have been able to check in online 24 hours before departure. If I ever travel with Just You again then I think I will consider doing that.

Vickie
(Member)
Hi Heddon,

Our ability to book specific seats depends on the airline and the flight type. We have to reserve a certain number of seats with airlines in advance, and this may mean that specific seats cannot be requested by customers when booking. In general, customers are able to request a seat type at the time of booking and our Contact Centre will be able to advise the process for that airline.

This is common practice for tour companies, as they will also need to book seats in advance.

There are exceptions, such as if a customer is flying from a local airport, when they will have an individual booking so will be able to check-in online.

As you say, we do also offer our Make Your Own Way option so you can book your flight and meet us there, if you prefer 🙂

I hope this helps.

Many thanks,

Vickie

daveJB
(Member)
Hi Vickie,

I am booked on the Christmas & New Year in Algarve & Andalucía holiday which is with Easy Jet

and I am assuming I will be able to book in at the airport, is this correct? as there is nothing in the

paper work to the contrary.

Dave

turnke
(Member)
BA currently charge for selecting your seat prior to 24 hours before your flight,unlike Virgin Atlantic and other airlines.

Keith

sjm533
(Member)
'Rose1999' wrote:

Hi Heddon

I flew BA with JY in May (from Heathrow with the main group) and was able to select my own seat. I just logged in on the BA check in website using the reference from my JY invoice (I think it's the last but one column on your final invoice) and my surname.

I was able to choose my seat a couple of weeks before the flight and to check in online about 24 hours in advance.

I've always done this and not had a problem - yet!

Rose

HI Rose,

You have always been lucky then.  I always try this and it has never worked for me.

Sylvia

lesley07
(Member)
Hi Rose

I tried what you suggested and whilst the BA site identified my two flights I could not choose seats and I was advised to contact group bookings. Will ask why this was the case when I check in at Edinburgh Airport on Wednesday.

Lesley

Vickie
(Member)
Hi Dave,

Your Final Documents which you'll get about 2 weeks before flying will advise whether you can check-in online, or if you will need to check in at the airport, so please refer to these to double check, as it will depend if you are part of a group booking, or you have an individual booking.

Many thanks,

Vickie

sjm533
(Member)
'lesley07' wrote:

Hi Rose

I tried what you suggested and whilst the BA site identified my two flights I could not choose seats and I was advised to contact group bookings. Will ask why this was the case when I check in at Edinburgh Airport on Wednesday.

Lesley

Hi Lesley,

That is the same reply that I get.  Check in will tell you "because it is group booking"!  I found that if I booked Glasgow - Heathrow and return through JY then I got an individual booking and could check in online.

Sylvia

daveJB
(Member)
Thank you Vickie,

I will wait and see.

Dave.

AbbaDave
(Member)
Hi Vickie

Hope you had a nice holiday yourself

I think this would be a jolly good idea if this information could be included with all final documents as to whether you can check in online or not pls pass on

many thanks

Dave

Vickie
(Member)
Hi Dave,

I had a great trip thanks! :)

If you can check-in online then the information is included in your final documents 🙂

Thanks,

Vickie

Donna1
(Member)
Hi,

Just reading this thread I too have been able to change my seat on previous trips with just you (BA and virgin). I'm about to go on my 4th just you trip in September, on my 2nd and 3rd I was able to select seats and check in in advance, I couldn't on my first but some could, and having checked for my September trip I can do this again having checked my reference on the virgin app. Therefore it seems a bit hit and miss about who is on the group booking and who isn't, seems like I've been lucky with my trips.

Donna

lesley07
(Member)
Hi

Here is a variation on a theme. Travelling to Zagreb with BA from Terminal 5 Heathrow yesterday, some of our group encountered difficulties using automatic check in machines. Turned out they should have been directed to group booking desk!. It would be helpful if JY could advise travellers of this in paperwork as again no representative at the airport. Very confusing for first time travellers

Lesley

SylviaJ
(Member)
Hi All

As I believe Heathrow is 80% automated, it is ridiculous that BA do not allow travellers to check in on line with the lax excuse of being a "group booking".

On my recent Baltics trip with Lufthansa, I checked the website and it said all travellers could use online check-in, which I did. My paperwork didn't advise that I could use online check in.

Come on BA and JY, get modern!

Regards

Sylvia

Vickie
(Member)
Hi all. Thank you for your feedback about our BA flights, this has been passed to our Aviation team.

Regarding the comments about British Airways, I’m sure you will all agree that the forum is not the right channel to discuss issues with another company, as it does it not give them right to reply. If you have any issues, we’d ask that you put them in your feedback form so we can take it up with the company directly.

Regarding the comments about the electronic check-in desks, we recommend that customers check in at the standard check-in desks, unless otherwise stated in your final documentation.

Don’t forget to look out for your Just You airline representative or Tour Manager who are there to direct you at check-in and answer any questions

Many thanks,

Vickie