PaulaH
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi

Do you have any idea when we will be able to make balance payments online? 

It's quite difficult for me to be able to phone during working hours. Online is so much easier to make payments at odd times of the day.

Thanks 

Paula

Moderator2
(Member)
Good Afternoon Paula,

I'm sorry but you have to phone in to make balance payments.

If you are unable to get through to the Call Centre, please let me know and I will ask them to give you a call instead.

Kind Regards,

Mildred

jonah
  • (Member)
(Member)
Sorry Mildred but are you saying that online payments has been discontinued for good?
Kezzer46
(Member)
Hi Mildred,

I always make my balance payments on line... are we no longer able to do this now?

Thanks

kerry

Moderator2
(Member)
'jonah' wrote:

Sorry Mildred but are you saying that online payments has been discontinued for good?

Hi Jonah,

Due to the change over of the business you wouldn't be able to pay your balances online but this currently being sorted out. It is only temporary.

I didn't mean to alarm you.

Kind Regards,

Mildred

Moderator2
(Member)
'Kezzer46' wrote:

Hi Mildred,

I always make my balance payments on line... are we no longer able to do this now?

Thanks

kerry

Good Afternoon Kerry,

This is only a temporary change due to the change over of the business. It will be sorted out very soon.

Apologies for the inconvenience.

Kind Regards,

Mildred.

jonah
  • (Member)
(Member)
janib
  • (Member)
(Member)
Due to the mess up with Voyage of Discovery and trying to get my money back, I booked Breathtaking New Zealand with Hayes Travel. I have since found out that you charge 1% with a credit card whereas Hayes charges 2%. Last year there was a cap of 0.3%. 1% I can manage I think is £50 on a 5K holiday not a £100 as this is potentially one of the excursions 😠 Do I have to pay Hayes or can I pay you ? Shall be writing to Hayes 😠

Jan

Moderator2
(Member)
'Rose1999' wrote:

Hi Mildred

Is this going to be the policy from now on?  There was a button to click to pay the balance but now there isn't.

If it is to be policy can there be a rethink please? It's not going to be very convenient for some people to do this from work where personal calls may be frowned upon, or they don't want colleagues to hear their card number etc.

Kind regards

Rose P.S. I'm still waiting for the costs of a flight upgrade for Mekong Cruise in November.

Good Morning Rose,

This is not a new policy- it is just temporary and will be sorted out very soon.

We apologise for the inconvenience.

Please note that all prices are subject to change and availability;

£3205- Business Upgrade Return

£1019- Premium Economy Upgrade Return

Kind Regards,

Mildred

Chris84
(Member)
Hi Mildred

Do you have an estimate on when the online payments will be available, I have to pay the balance for my holiday by the end of the week, and I don't want to give my card details over the phone, and can't as I work in a busy office with too many disapproving ears listening in.

Thanks

Chris

Moderator2
(Member)
'janib' wrote:

Due to the mess up with Voyage of Discovery and trying to get my money back, I booked Breathtaking New Zealand with Hayes Travel. I have since found out that you charge 1% with a credit card whereas Hayes charges 2%. Last year there was a cap of 0.3%. 1% I can manage I think is £50 on a 5K holiday not a £100 as this is potentially one of the excursions 😠 Do I have to pay Hayes or can I pay you ? Shall be writing to Hayes 😠

Jan

Good Afternoon Jan,

Unfortunately you would be unable to pay the balance directly with us. By booking through the travel agent, your booking contract is with them and therefore all transactions need to be done through Hayes.

Kind Regards,

Mildred

Moderator2
(Member)
Good Afternoon Chris,

We don't have an estimated time I'm afraid but we are working as fast as we can.

You can give us a call during the weekend. Our opening hours are as follows;

Saturday 9am-5.30pm; Sunday 10am-4pm and our Customer Service Centre is open Monday to Friday – 9am to 6pm; Saturday – 9am to 5.30pm.

I hope this helps.

Kind Regards,

Mildred

janib
  • (Member)
(Member)
Thank you Mildred. What a pain to my purse. Am in the middle of writing a long letter as there has been other problems 😠 

I did see Just You at Destinations on Friday. They were very helpful with who I should contact re: Voyages of Discovery.

Jan

SylviaJ
(Member)
Good Afternoon

Any update on when we can make payment online again, please? It's proving too expensive for me to keep ringing up to make a booking or pay an instalment!

Here's hoping.

Thanks

Sylvia

Moderator2
(Member)
Good Afternoon Sylvia,

The online payment is still a working progress as we need to make sure it is safe and secure for you to use. I am sorry about the delays.

Kind Regards,

Mildred

Moderator2
(Member)
Good Morning Rose,

Unfortunately the online payment system wont be up and running at that time; It is still a working progress.

All major credit cards are accepted and there is no charge paying by debit card, by cheque or bank transfer but please note that a 1% handling fee will be charged on any deposit and balance payments made by credit/charge card.

Kind Regards,

Mildred

SylviaJ
(Member)
Hi All

I phoned customer services last week to make a payment on my next holiday. As always, I asked when the online payment system would be functioning. The lady said there was a lot of work going on in the background and that they hoped it would be up and running by the end of March - yippee?! I said it was an awful chore to ring up to make a monthly payment and the lady replied that customer services couldn't wait for the online payment to be up and running as it had given them more work! So, we are not the only ones struggling....

Regards

Sylvia

sim1
  • (Member)
(Member)
Amazing a company as large as this, and we still cannot pay online.

Seems to have been going on for to long, reading all the posts.

Surely if you can't get your system working we could go via a third party, there

are plenty of banking services now on line. I know you will state this will cost more.

We already get clobbered by the so called no single supplement (in the cost of all these holidays).

For an interim until your system is sorted you could take the hit of the costs.

I have booked 3 holidays via other suppliers this year and all 3 take installment payments, or

full payments online either by their own system or via the likes of sage pay.

Come on JY get it fixed, how much trade have you lost so far?

Moan and complaining over for now.

Moderator2
(Member)
Good Morning Sim1,

I am really sorry about the inconvenience here. The online payment system is being worked on as high priority and we are working to get it resolved as soon as possible.

Apologies again.

Kind Regards,

Mildred

PaulaH
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi

is there any update on when on-line payment will be up and running again.

Thanks