sim1
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi, is it actually possible to use the new website to pay part or all of your holiday balance? Has anyone actually achieved this yet.

Or is this a minor problem on the new site, seems to be a lot of unfinished things on it.

Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Sim1,

I paid the balance for my holiday online about a week after the site went live. (And fed back a few things I thought needed tweaking).

I am aware that those wishing to pay an instalment of a lower value than the deposit have been unable to do so and this is with our developer and back in testing at the moment.

I have spoken with the team and understand that there has not been any decrease in the number of travellers paying their balance online

Kindest regards,

Julia

badskittler
(Member)
Would like to use it in future but at the moment can't get an account (or order brochures) as the website will not accept my email address 😞
PeterG
(Member)
I paid an instalment on mine yesterday without any problem.
Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
'badskittler' wrote:

Would like to use it in future but at the moment can't get an account (or order brochures) as the website will not accept my email address :(

Hi Badskittler,

I've got the IT department and our developers looking into why you haven't been able to register successfully with your email address and they'll get this fixed asap.

Kindest regards,

Julia

sim1
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Finally the site allowed me to pay some of my holiday, but no quick response of payment like before.

Yes I am an old complainer but cheerful with it, so one step forward with the new site you never know it may grow on me, we shall see.

Did prefer the old one :))))

SusieB
(Member)
[Hi Julia I'm having similar problems to some others. Tried to register but it said I had already done so. Thought it was me forgetting something so tried the 'forgotten password' bit. Got message saying they would e-mail me a link. This did come and I tried activating as instructed, nothing happened. Tried again to re-set p/w but am not getting any replies. I just want to register and be able to look up my account and idc pay for my booked holiday etc but am finding it hopeless. Please can you help.

Thanks Sue

(SusieB)

gill54
(Member)
'sim1' wrote:

Finally the site allowed me to pay some of my holiday, but no quick response of payment like before.

Yes I am an old complainer but cheerful with it, so one step forward with the new site you never know it may grow on me, we shall see.

Dear Sim1

It's Gill here. I could not pay my balance for my holiday as it would not let me access it with my email address. In the end I gave up.

Had to pay over the phone today. I prefer the old web site too.

I'm off to NY on 15 May and Lake Como 6 July and (not yet booked) Tennessee on 6 September.

Best wishes

Gill

(Julia anything IT can do to allow me to use my email address and password?).

Thanks

sim1
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Julia,

Couple of questions, first is do we no longer get a confirmation email after payment ? As I can see my account has had my payment but I have had no confirmation as of other holidays I have been with you before.

Secondly do you know of a problem with Barclay debit cards as your site will not take mine, took payment from my other debit card, also checked with my bank and they said there is no problem with the debit card or system. So I tried again Barclays no, other debit card yes?

Thanks for your help

lizabc
(Member)
Hi Julia

I see you paid online for your holiday. Just wondered where you are going. I won't be offended if you're keeping it quiet. Have a great time.

Liz

Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Liz,

Between you, me and the rest of the community I've booked on the Prague, Vienna & Budapest tour. Its one of the many Just You tours I've wanted to take since joining the company and I'm slowly working my way through my list.

Kindest regards,

Julia

Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
'gill54' wrote:

'sim1' wrote:

Dear Sim1

It's Gill here. I could not pay my balance for my holiday as it would not let me access it with my email address. In the end I gave up.

I'm off to NY on 15 May and Lake Como 6 July and (not yet booked) Tennessee on 6 September.

Best wishes

Gill

Thanks

Hi Gill,

I spoke to the IT team, they can see that you have tried to log-on but that you have not registered. The main website account (at the moment) is a different log-in to the Just You Community. If you'd like to try and register with the main website again, if you have an more difficulties, let me know and I'll have another chat to the IT department.

Kindest regards,

Julia

sim1
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'gill54' wrote:

'sim1' wrote:

Dear Sim1

Best wishes

Gill

Thanks

Have fun Jill, I've only booked Greece in October, was of to Galapagos and Ecuador in October but the other company cancelled so Greece here I come.

Just a pain the new site and paying. even if you do get to pay you can't pay below the deposit amount it will not let you.

Karryannie
(Member)
Hi Sim.

no I tried to pay some off today. It wouldn't let me.

bring back old site I say.

Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
'SusieB' wrote:

[Hi Julia I'm having similar problems to some others. Tried to register but it said I had already done so. Thought it was me forgetting something so tried the 'forgotten password' bit. Got message saying they would e-mail me a link. This did come and I tried activating as instructed, nothing happened. Tried again to re-set p/w but am not getting any replies. I just want to register and be able to look up my account and idc pay for my booked holiday etc but am finding it hopeless. Please can you help.

Thanks Sue

(SusieB)

Hi Sue,

Sorry for the delay in coming back to you - I forwarded your details onto our website team who have been doing some investigating.

They have taken a look and it appears that you are doing everything right when trying to reset your password, the problem has been that the developer put in some very strict rules about passwords (it's on the list to make it a little easier). When you reset the password, paste in the password you were sent to the old password box, then select a new password that must be at least 8 characters, contain 1(or more) upper case character and contain 1(or more) number, e.g: Justyou123. This will then need to be retyped into the second new password box and match.

Kindest regards,

Julia

Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
'sim1' wrote:

Hi Julia,

Couple of questions, first is do we no longer get a confirmation email after payment ? As I can see my account has had my payment but I have had no confirmation as of other holidays I have been with you before.

Secondly do you know of a problem with Barclay debit cards as your site will not take mine, took payment from my other debit card, also checked with my bank and they said there is no problem with the debit card or system. So I tried again Barclays no, other debit card yes?

Thanks for your help

Hi Sim,

So, you should be getting an email when you book online. At the moment, emails aren't sent after every payment but this is in the pipeline.

I've also asked about whether or not there were any known problems with Barclay debit cards and they haven't come across anything but they are going to do some investigating.

Kindest regards,

Julia

SusieB
(Member)
'Julia' wrote:

'SusieB' wrote:

Thanks Sue

(SusieB)

Hi Sue,

Sorry for the delay in coming back to you - I forwarded your details onto our website team who have been doing some investigating.

They have taken a look and it appears that you are doing everything right when trying to reset your password, the problem has been that the developer put in some very strict rules about passwords (it's on the list to make it a little easier). When you reset the password, paste in the password you were sent to the old password box, then select a new password that must be at least 8 characters, contain 1(or more) upper case character and contain 1(or more) number, e.g: Justyou123. This will then need to be retyped into the second new password box and match.

Kindest regards,

Julia

Thanks Julia but unfortunately that doesn't help now as the original password message I was sent didn't work and has now been deleted so there is nothing to paste. As I said, all later requests to re-set have not been answered at all so I'm stuck! Can they not simply let me start all over again or something similar please. Sorry to be such a nuisance but hope you can refer this back to the website team again

Whew, going to need another holiday by the time this gets sorted out!

Regards

Sue

SylviaJ
(Member)
'Julia' wrote:

'sim1' wrote:

Hi Julia,

Thanks for your help

Hi Sim,

So, you should be getting an email when you book online. At the moment, emails aren't sent after every payment but this is in the pipeline.

I've also asked about whether or not there were any known problems with Barclay debit cards and they haven't come across anything but they are going to do some investigating.

Kindest regards,

Julia

Hi Julia

I have made one payment through the website and it appeared not to go through, but on further investigation with JYHQ the payment was received. Like Sim, I too used a Barclays debit card!!! No confirmation either.

Regards

Sylvia

Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Sylvia,

I have been informed that it can take an hour or two to update the balance in your account.

Could I possibly trouble you to tell me whether or not you saw a 'thank you' page when you made your payment?

Kindest regards,

Julia

Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
'SusieB' wrote:

Thanks Julia but unfortunately that doesn't help now as the original password message I was sent didn't work and has now been deleted so there is nothing to paste. As I said, all later requests to re-set have not been answered at all so I'm stuck! Can they not simply let me start all over again or something similar please. Sorry to be such a nuisance but hope you can refer this back to the website team again

Whew, going to need another holiday by the time this gets sorted out!

Regards

Sue

Hi Sue,

I've asked one of the website team to contact you directly to see if we can't get you up and running sooner rather than later!

Kindest regards,

Julia