LYNDAKNOBEL
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi,

Only a week to go now! As I don't want to be taking loads of cash with me to change into rupees, are there ATM's at the places we visit.

Also, how many travellers and what's the age range booked on this tour?

thanks

Lynda:)

Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Lynda,

I believe ATMs can be quite scarce on this tour, however from most of the hotels there is a bank located nearby where I understand you may find an ATM - I'm just waiting to hear from a Tour Manager for clarification that this is the case so will let you know as soon as I hear back.

In terms of your fellow travellers - this trip is fully booked with 26 of you travelling to India with ages from mid-forties through to mid-seventies.

Kindest regards,

Julia

lesley07
(Member)
Hi Lynda

I did this trip last year. I took the majority of my money in cash which was quite safe as there were small safes in the hotel bedrooms. Others on my tour found that ATMs were few and far between and some would not process transactions! One did work-the trick is to insert and then withdraw card to complete transaction.

This is a great tour. India is a fascinating country.

Have a lovely holiday

Lesley

LYNDAKNOBEL
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'lesley07' wrote:

Hi Lynda

I did this trip last year. I took the majority of my money in cash which was quite safe as there were small safes in the hotel bedrooms. Others on my tour found that ATMs were few and far between and some would not process transactions! One did work-the trick is to insert and then withdraw card to complete transaction.

Have a lovely holiday

Lesley

Hi Julia and Lesley,

Thank you both for your replies. As ATM's are few and far between and temperamental! and we have been advised to bring GB pounds or American $, I'm assuming all our hotels will change money into rupees or we can get to a bank easily.

cheers

Lynda

lesley07
(Member)
'LYNDAKNOBEL' wrote:

'lesley07' wrote:

Hi Lynda

Have a lovely holiday

Lesley

Hi Julia and Lesley,

Thank you both for your replies. As ATM's are few and far between and temperamental! and we have been advised to bring GB pounds or American $, I'm assuming all our hotels will change money into rupees or we can get to a bank easily.

cheers

Lynda

Hi

Yes hotels did change sterling into rupees but not sure what exchange rate was!

Lesley