Dream chaser
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Just re-posting this as only had 1 reply before. I am going on this trip in November and was wondering if there is anyone else on the forum that is going. This will be my first singles holiday.

Clive

lesley07
(Member)
'Dream wrote:

Just re-posting this as only had 1 reply before. I am going on this trip in November and was wondering if there is anyone else on the forum that is going. This will be my first singles holiday.

Clive

Hi

I am going on this trip in October. Will be my third JU holiday-China in 2010 and USA in 2011. Enjoyed both these trips in different ways and really enjoyed meeting the other people on the trips. Will get back to you once I have been to India with views!!!

Lesley

shopper21
(Member)
Hi - I did this trip in April - last one of the season as it gets too hot in late May. Absolutely amazing holiday - if you get our tour manager, Chris Anderson, you will be truly blessed. We had a brilliant group and the sights, sounds and smells of India were incredible. Have a look on the testimonial site for my review which I wrote on the last day in Delhi while I was still "under the influence"! Don't waste your money on malaria tablets - mosquitoes are not a problem! Ask your pharmacist to recommend something for the bacteria that lives in your stomach - that's what causes the "delhi belly", different bacteria. We were all so careful for the first few days that we became constipated! Take your spending money in sterling and change some of it at the airport (all the hotels will change sterling to rupees) but keep your receipt safe as you have to change it back before you leave. No rupees in the UK! And allow yourself enough for all the tips - at least £50 for the whole holiday (plus whatever you choose to give your tour manager). Most people spent about £400 on drinks, snacks and souvenirs but some went mad on jewellery, marble tables and carpets! And make sure that you have a decent sized hold all / overnight bag as when you're in Ranthambore they collect your luggage 20 hours before you're due to move on so you still have another evening / night and morning to wash and dress for - caught a few people unawares! But altogether a great experience and lots of wonderful memories – plus hundreds of photos and several videos!
pewade
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hello Clive

I am also going on the Spirit of India trip on 18th November. I have been on several trips with Just You and they have all been excellent. I went with them last year to India but to Kerala in the south and I loved it so much I booked for this trip. I travelled to the north of India over ten years ago albeit with a different tour company. I think that you will love it. The Taj Mahal is a truly stunning building and you need to get close up to it to appreciate the beautiful inlaid marble which you cannot always see in photographs.

As we all meet up in the airport lounge before the flight it is a good way to introduce yourself and get to know your fellow travellers . Everyone is travelling independently so we are all in the same boat. Even though I have done this several times I am always a bit nervous at meeting new people but we soon get to know each other and by the end of the trip we have all become good friends.

Pauline

Dream chaser
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'pewade' wrote:

Hello Clive

I am also going on the Spirit of India trip on 18th November. I have been on several trips with Just You and they have all been excellent. I went with them last year to India but to Kerala in the south and I loved it so much I booked for this trip. I travelled to the north of India over ten years ago albeit with a different tour company. I think that you will love it. The Taj Mahal is a truly stunning building and you need to get close up to it to appreciate the beautiful inlaid marble which you cannot always see in photographs.

As we all meet up in the airport lounge before the flight it is a good way to introduce yourself and get to know your fellow travellers . Everyone is travelling independently so we are all in the same boat. Even though I have done this several times I am always a bit nervous at meeting new people but we soon get to know each other and by the end of the trip we have all become good friends.

Pauline

Hi Pauline, thanks for that I was beginning to wonder if there was anyone else going. look forward to meeting you in the lounge.

Clive