JustMargaret
(Member) (Topic Starter)
I am thinking about New Zealand in the autumn and am wondering how much spending money I am likely need. I see that some meals are included but as I have no experience of this type of holiday, I am wondering how much to allow. It would be my trip of a lifetime, so I wouldn`t want to miss out on anything, so I would be grateful for some advice.

I had a wonderful time in Andalucía last year, and will be off to Cilento Coast on the 5th May.

Regards, Margaret

Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Margaret,

Sorry for the delay in coming back to you I wanted to gather all of the appropriate information...

So in terms of meals, the price varies (just like in the UK) - you can eat quite cheaply or al la carte. For guidance we have been recommended the following:

Breakfasts in the hotels: Cooked $25.00inc Continental $18.00inc

Lunch (out & about) $18.00inc to $25.00inc

Dinner (out & about)$30.00inc to $38.00inc

Drinks (soft & alcoholic) Soft Drinks $3.50inc / Wine or Beer $6.50inc

I've been informed that there are plenty of supermarket stops along the ways if you want to stock up on items too and I'm sure our community members may like to share their own experiences in terms of prices.

There are a number of excursions already included in the price of the holiday but there are a few optional excursions that you may like to book - and this can be done before you leave the UK;

Agrodome and Rainbow Springs

Dart River Safari

Walter Peak Cruise

Kawarau Jet

If I can help with anything else - please let me know.

Kindest regards,

Julia

nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hello Margaret

I have been on the Hong Kong-New Zealand tour January 2012... Amazing tour I must say, our weather in Hong Kong was not good but you have no control of the weather. The Newzealand tour is on the go,to see all the sights that you can in the time your there. The scenery is stunningly beautiful.

OK regarding money, this is a hard one to answer to be honest, as every ones budget is different, when we got the final itinary I budgeted for all the optional flights helicopters and sea plane,as it was ,due to the weather I only managed the 1 helicopter flight to the Franz Joseph which was very good. I also did In fact buy many things along the way as I will not be gong back there. I ate in more of the hotels for evening meals than I would normally, due to the fact of long days and lots of travelling so I just wanted to have a meal on site, with out trawling around finding somewhere so these can work out dearer, but in the whole they were not much more.

I think what I am trying to say is, take all the money you can!!!! Which is what I did I did I fact come back with a fair bit to bank as I didn't/couldn't do all the flights.

Also I did have to put about £100 onto credit card for things we did in Hong Kong that was not listed on final documents, so I took very littl Hong Kong money..

You will have a great time, if I can help with anything else just let me know.

Cindy

JustMargaret
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Julia' wrote:

Hi Margaret,

Sorry for the delay in coming back to you I wanted to gather all of the appropriate information...

So in terms of meals, the price varies (just like in the UK) - you can eat quite cheaply or al la carte. For guidance we have been recommended the following:

I've been informed that there are plenty of supermarket stops along the ways if you want to stock up on items too and I'm sure our community members may like to share their own experiences in terms of prices.

There are a number of excursions already included in the price of the holiday but there are a few optional excursions that you may like to book - and this can be done before you leave the UK;

Dart River Safari

Walter Peak Cruise

Kawarau Jet

Kindest regards,

Julia

P.S. Are you able to tell me the approx. price of the optional excursions?

JustMargaret
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Julia' wrote:

Hi Margaret,

Dart River Safari

Walter Peak Cruise

Kawarau Jet

Kindest regards,

Julia

Thankyou Julia for the above information regarding the cost of meals etc. However, I see from the brochure that most of the breakfasts and four or five of the dinners are included in the price. Can you confirm that this is correct. Also, could you give me a rough idea of the cost of the optional excursions. Many thanks. I think I`m going!!!:thumbup:

Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Margaret,

I can confirm that most breakfasts and a couple of the dinners are included in the price of the holiday.

In terms of the excursions: these are approximate prices and I would recommend that you speak to a Holiday Advisor when you are sure which excursions you would like to take:

Agrodome and Rainbow Springs - £36

Dart River Safari - £115

Walter Peak Cruise - £29

Kawarau Jet Boat - £63

I've been told that the Walter Peak Cruise and Dart River Safari are worth booking - but I'm sure if any of our community members have done any of these trips they'll share their thoughts of them.

Kindest regards,

Julia

JustMargaret
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Julia' wrote:

Hi Margaret,

I can confirm that most breakfasts and a couple of the dinners are included in the price of the holiday.

In terms of the excursions: these are approximate prices and I would recommend that you speak to a Holiday Advisor when you are sure which excursions you would like to take:

Agrodome and Rainbow Springs - £36

Dart River Safari - £115

Walter Peak Cruise - £29

Kawarau Jet Boat - £63

I've been told that the Walter Peak Cruise and Dart River Safari are worth booking - but I'm sure if any of our community members have done any of these trips they'll share their thoughts of them.

Kindest regards,

Julia

Thank you Julia, that is very helpful. I will ask the question on the "Say hello" section to see what the other community members think.