JustMargaret
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hello, I did Treasures of Andalucia last year, my first JY hol, fantastic. I will be going to Cilento Coast in May, very excited! However, I am interested in US tours i.e. New England and Route 66, where meals are not generally included, so am wondering how much spending money I would require.
Mick W
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Margaret,

I've been to the States a few times (3 with JY) and its a difficult question depending on whether you like to eat restaurants or happy with diners or bars, I mix it up a bit.

Breakfasts are usually included and i tend to snack/coffee at lunch ($10 per day) and allow between $30 & $40 for my meal and drink on a evening.

If possible I also look for some entertainment (live music) on a evenng which may include a cover charge (usually around $10) but may have a few more beers.

Remember tipping can be expensive aswell plus a few souveniers.

I'd probably allow myself around $80 per day in total but usually end up taking too much.

Hope that helps.

Mick

JustMargaret
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Mick wrote:

Hi Margaret,

I've been to the States a few times (3 with JY) and its a difficult question depending on whether you like to eat restaurants or happy with diners or bars, I mix it up a bit.

Breakfasts are usually included and i tend to snack/coffee at lunch ($10 per day) and allow between $30 & $40 for my meal and drink on a evening.

If possible I also look for some entertainment (live music) on a evenng which may include a cover charge (usually around $10) but may have a few more beers.

Remember tipping can be expensive aswell plus a few souveniers.

I'd probably allow myself around $80 per day in total but usually end up taking too much.

Hope that helps.

Mick

Thank you Mick, that`s a great help in working out the possible total cost. The holidays look so tempting, I`ll probably be working my way through the brochure.

Mick W
  • (Member)
(Member)
Margaret,

Just a pont if you go for the route 66 holiday, the major cities at each end (Chicago & LA) were quite expensive, similar to costs i quote but many of the smaller places on route were much cheaper.

Mick