HollyGriff28
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hey Everyone,

Im going on my first JY Holiday to Iceland next month. Im starting to get a little nervous, but excited at the same time.

Is anyone else going? Im stopping over at Heathrow before flying out, if anyone else is doing this fancy meeting up in the evening for a drink?

Also does your tickets etc get posted to you or emailed? Dont have access to a printer so cant print stuff off.

Thanks,

Holly.

Texasnavajo
(Member)
Hi Holly - I'm on the Iceland trip too and looking forward to it so much especially as the Northern Lights are on my bucket list. I'm travelling down on the 13th so unfortunately won't be able to meet up for a drink. I've been on a few JY holidays and think that the paperwork (not tickets as they used to be) are all posted but you might want to double check. Try not to be nervous - my experience is that everyone is very friendly and determined to have a good time. I've only just registered on JY Community and this is my first message. Have you had any other responses - not sure where to find them.

Joe

BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Holly and Joe,

JY docs are generally emailed these days, unless you specifically request that they best sent by post.  I did this trip in March last year and had a fantastic time - one of my best experiences ever!  I fell in love with the Icelandic landscape (although the weather can be challenging), the food was the best I've had on any holiday anywhere and we also saw the Northern Lights!

Have a great time,

Bob

HollyGriff28
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Texasnavajo' wrote:

Hi Holly - I'm on the Iceland trip too and looking forward to it so much especially as the Northern Lights are on my bucket list. I'm travelling down on the 13th so unfortunately won't be able to meet up for a drink. I've been on a few JY holidays and think that the paperwork (not tickets as they used to be) are all posted but you might want to double check. Try not to be nervous - my experience is that everyone is very friendly and determined to have a good time. I've only just registered on JY Community and this is my first message. Have you had any other responses - not sure where to find them.

Joe

Hello Joe - im so looking forward to it too, the Northern Lights should be amazing, hopefully we'll have a good view of them. Looking forward to the Blue Lagoon too

Tanks for that, I rang them earlier and requested they send them. She said theres 32 of us on the trip so itll be quite abig group.

N I haven'thad any other replies other than Bob and you. Hopefully we'ĺl get some more responses soon. Looking forward to meeting everyone.

Holly

HollyGriff28
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'BGray' wrote:

Hi Holly and Joe,

JY docs are generally emailed these days, unless you specifically request that they best sent by post.  I did this trip in March last year and had a fantastic time - one of my best experiences ever!  I fell in love with the Icelandic landscape (although the weather can be challenging), the food was the best I've had on any holiday anywhere and we also saw the Northern Lights!

Have a great time,

Bob

Thanks Bob!

I am excited as Iceland is one of the places Ive always wanted to visit and experience, just nervous about what to expect, im sure I'll wander why i was sk nervous ? 

I looking forward to the Northern Lights, and the whale watching. I want to experience everything! Even the shark meat, althiughnI may bail out of it when push comes to shove ☺

Thanks Bob,

Holl

Texasnavajo
(Member)
'HollyGriff28' wrote:

Hey Everyone,

Im going on my first JY Holiday to Iceland next month. Im starting to get a little nervous, but excited at the same time.

Is anyone else going? Im stopping over at Heathrow before flying out, if anyone else is doing this fancy meeting up in the evening for a drink?

Also does your tickets etc get posted to you or emailed? Dont have access to a printer so cant print stuff off.

Thanks,

Holly.

Hi Holly - did you get your luggage labels and a hard copy of final letter OK? My labels arrived a while back. Not long to go now. Joe

HollyGriff28
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Texasnavajo' wrote:

'HollyGriff28' wrote:

Hey Everyone,

Thanks,

Holly.

Hi Holly - did you get your luggage labels and a hard copy of final letter OK? My labels arrived a while back. Not long to go now. Joe

Hey joe! 

Yes I got them the other week, thank you!

What time are you getting to the airport for? ive been told to get there around 3 hours before, so I'm hoping to get there around 930ish.

Holly

Texasnavajo
(Member)
'HollyGriff28' wrote:

'Texasnavajo' wrote:

'HollyGriff28' wrote:

Hey Everyone,

Thanks,

Holly.

Hey joe! 

What time are you getting to the airport for? ive been told to get there around 3 hours before, so I'm hoping to get there around 930ish.

Holly

Hi Holly

I've got a drive of about 150 miles and aim to be in Terminal 2 by around  9.30 same as you. It might be a bit earlier as I like to err on the side of caution - just hope that the traffic is not too bad. I shall be wearing my JY label proudly on my rucksack which is quite a good way of meeting up. I see that there should also be a JY representative at Terminal 2 - making contact with one of those is when I start to relax. I've been to Texas and Sicily with JY and both holidays were great and ran smoothly.

See you Sunday all being well.

Joe

HollyGriff28
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Texasnavajo' wrote:

'HollyGriff28' wrote:

'Texasnavajo' wrote:

'HollyGriff28' wrote:

Hey Everyone,

Thanks,

Holly.

Hey joe! 

Holly

Hi Holly

I've got a drive of about 150 miles and aim to be in Terminal 2 by around  9.30 same as you. It might be a bit earlier as I like to err on the side of caution - just hope that the traffic is not too bad. I shall be wearing my JY label proudly on my rucksack which is quite a good way of meeting up. I see that there should also be a JY representative at Terminal 2 - making contact with one of those is when I start to relax. I've been to Texas and Sicily with JY and both holidays were great and ran smoothly.

See you Sunday all being well.

Joe

Ill be wearing mine too ? im currently in the process of packing! soso excited now! Im going ti make contact with the reo too. oh wow! Texas and Sicily sound amazing! if we meet up at the airport you can tell me all about them ☺

Oh wow 150 miles thats a bit of a trek! hope you have a safe journey down!

See you Sunday!

Holly.