GeoffT
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi! Everyone, can anyone help. I have just booked the above tour on the 11th May. As basically there are 3 countries involved, has anyone done this trip and can give me some idea of how the currency situation is, can you use euros in Switzerland and Liechtenstein or do you need to get Swiss francs. Any thoughts on this trip would be gratefully accepted.
(Member)
mrsd
  • (Member)
(Member)
'Moderator' wrote:

Hi GeoffT,

http://forum.justyou.co.uk/thread-83077.html 

Kindest regards,

Monty

That was useful to know as I'm going in September. I'm flying from Heathrow on 7th(?), do you know how many others will be flying with me?

(Member)
Hi mrsd,

There are 19 people flying from Heathrow, including yourself.

Kindest regards,

Monty

Kezzer46
(Member)
This looks like a great holiday and I notice it is sold out for all dates except Oct. It would be great if someone could post a review on their return - as I think this might be a holiday that I would like.

Hope you all have a wonderful time.

Kezzer

sjm533
(Member)
Hi Geoff,

You can pay in Euros in Switzerland, (thy are not international bankers for nothing!) but there is very chance you will get your change in CHF.

Don't know about Lichtenstein though, when I was there years ago they took anything.

Sylvia

Dorian
(Member)
I have booked this tour for May 10 2017 and would love to hear from others on this tour.  Or how many are in the group?
Moderator2
(Member)
Good Afternoon Dorian,

There are currently 17 travellers booked on this tour.

Kind Regards,

Mildred.

janib
  • (Member)
(Member)
You use Swiss Francs for the airport and for the various times you are there. Can use Euros, change always given back in Francs. Leichenstein uses Euros. I have done this trip in October 2013. Loved the different forms of transport, including cable car and playing snowballs up one mountain. Do not bring honey through customs as it will be consficated- several people were very annoyed.

Jan

mrsd
  • (Member)
(Member)
'Kezzer46' wrote:

This looks like a great holiday and I notice it is sold out for all dates except Oct.  It would be great if someone could post a review on their return - as I think this might be a holiday that I would like.

Hope you all have a wonderful time.

Kezzer

I did this holiday as my first JustYou in September last year (I did post a review on my return if you want to hunt through.) Essentially I don't think I could have picked a better one, the hotel in FeldKirch is lovely, all the excursions were brilliant, with my favourite trip being the train ride up through the Alps to St Moritz, the scenery was stunning wherever we went and I couldn't fault anything. It was a tiring holiday at times but well worth it. I would probably do it again at some point in the future

mrsd
  • (Member)
(Member)
'sjm533' wrote:

Hi Geoff,

You can pay in Euros in Switzerland, (thy are not international bankers for nothing!) but there is very chance you will get your change in CHF.

Don't know about Lichtenstein though, when I was there years ago they took anything.

Sylvia

Hi,

I did this holiday last year, took alot of Swiss francs as well as euros as I wasn't sure & brought most of the francs back. I did try to pay in Swiss francs where possible in both Switzerland and Liechenstein, mainly to save my euros

Dorian
(Member)
Can I please get an update on how many travellers are on the May 10 tour of the Heart of Alpine?  How many men and women, and age range?  Am I the only one coming across the Atlantic?  Thanks!
Moderator2
(Member)
Good Afternoon Dorian,

There are currently 17 travelers booked on this tour and the group is made up of 4 men and 13 women.

The age ranges from early-50s to early-70s.

Kind Regards,

Mildred

gill matt
(Member)
😃 I went to the Alps last year, you will enjoy this very much. Litchenstein, well we only stopped once, what a strange place, reminded me of the Stepford Wives film, place very simular. But ENJOY, also look at the little churches :cool:  And when the cheese factory came round, Well I could not stand the smell, so went for a walk along the river, so quiet and calming.
Dorian
(Member)
I would love to hear from others doing the Heart of Alpine tour in May.  Anyone?
Kezzer46
(Member)
Hi Dorian,

Unfortunately not everyone who travels with JY is on the forum...

So if you dont get any responses dont be alarmed..

Kind Regards

Kezzer

Dorian
(Member)
Can you please tell me what time we arrive at the airport in Zurich on the last day?
Moderator2
(Member)
Good Afternoon Dorian,

What airport are you departing from?

Kind Regards,

Mildred

Hugh G
(Member)
Hi Dorian and Moderator2, aka Mildred :-)

I have just signed up for the trip on 10th May and very much looking forward to it.

I'm a Londoner travelling from Heathrow.

The comments on currency are helpful, I won't order much in the way of Swiss Francs.

Are there many departing from Heathrow?

Regards... Hugh

janib
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hello Dorian,

In your question about the return trip at Zurich, we went to the Rheinfalls which I have never heard of, but are amazing and spectacular. Due to the lateness of one of the group who went by boat to the Island, we were late in arriving at the Airport. However the flight was delayed, and we could have spent all our Swiss Francs before going through the Departures.

The mention of churches in an earlier comment, there is a gorgeous church with all the Apostles painted up on the walls. Do not remember the name of the village, we stopped for coffee. Loved this trip.

Jan