Moderator2
(Member)
'Hugh G' wrote:

Hi Dorian and Moderator2, aka Mildred :-)

I have just signed up for the trip on 10th May and very much looking forward to it.

I'm a Londoner travelling from Heathrow.

The comments on currency are helpful, I won't order much in the way of Swiss Francs.

Are there many departing from Heathrow?

Regards... Hugh

Good Afternoon Hugh,

There are currently 9 travelers departing from Heathrow so you are not alone.

Kindest Regards,

Mildred

Hugh G
(Member)
Hello again Mildred and thanks for your response.

Another question occurs to me as the departure date gets closer;

Any suggestions on clothing for that area in May?

Regards... Hugh

Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Hugh,

The thing about the weather is that it isn't as predictable as it once was - that said, historically the area has temperatures averaging 14 degrees with highs of 19 degrees with a little bit of rain. I'd recommend packing lightweight clothing that you can layer if needed along with a waterproof anorak (on the basis that if you take it, you may not need it).

Kindest regards,

Julia

nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hugh

I have done many JY tours far and near at all times of the year my wardrobe is basically the same ..layers...

I have a very good jacket thats a three in one, lightweight jacket that has a fleece that can go inside to make a thick jacket or just wear the fleece...I always have scarf and gloves, i don't bother with umbrella but others sometimes do. I tend to go smart/casual and comfy...

Have a great time

Cindy

Dorian
(Member)
'GHugh G' wrote:

Hi Dorian and Moderator2, aka Mildred :-)

I have just signed up for the trip on 10th May and very much looking forward to it.

I'm a Londoner travelling from Heathrow.

The comments on currency are helpful, I won't order much in the way of Swiss Francs.

Are there many departing from Heathrow?

Regards... Hugh

Hi Hugh.  I'm from London too...London Ontario Canada!  I look forward to meeting you and the others!  Can't wait!

CoventryCarol
(Member)
Hi

I phoned Just You and was informed that in Switzerland and Lichtenstein, Swiss Francs were only acceptable.  So I have Euros and Swiss Francs.  However, I am sure monies will be well spent where ever :D

I am flying from Birmingham.  Is there anyone else flying from this destination too?

I trust that I will be met at in Switzerland if I am the only one!!!

;)

I am really looking forward to this trip and hope the weather holds out for us all.