sylvieann
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi, I’m a new to all this and this will be the first time I have been on a holiday on my own after losing my husband 18 months ago. I have just had my 60th birthday and after a rollercoaster 18 months I could do with a holiday in the sun and hope you can help me in picking a place to go for the first time. I've just received the brochure and there are some lovely holidays in there and I feel for my first holiday I would like to go on one of their Escape breaks and then try one of their tours or explores ones next time.

So what would you recommend to try first, I’m looking for a place to relax with a few excursions to go on sometime in May or June. Also any tips for first timers would be helpful as I will be very nervous doing all this on my own.

Sylvia

nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hello Sylvia and welcome

I have not been on any of the escape tours, but I have my 10 JY tour booked so I do know that these holidays work really well? I tend to opt for the hectic tours.

I do know that the Lake Garda, discover Northern Cyprus! and Costa de la Luz are popular tours have a look on the review section and see what others have to say...

If I can help with anything else just ask.

Cindy

Mick W
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Sylvia,

I like many on here started using JY after losing a partner, its good to travel with other people I believe.

Some of the holidays I've done would really suit you i think but there are many more.

From my experience not in any particular order :-

1. Cilento Coast

2. Croatia Isterian

3. Treasures of Andalucia.

If you consider a touring in future I've done 4 American ones and they have been excellent, think the Golden West is my favorite but not a lot in it.

Doing Americas Heart & Soul (Chicago to New Orleans) in November really looking forward to that as I like the live Music scene especially the Blues Clubs.

Mick

DAFFIEGIRL
(Member)
I am shortly off to South Africa on my fifth JY tour, having all readg "done" New Zealand and China. Befor comitting to long haul, I tested the waters with breaks in Prague and Andalusia. Both were great, and gave confidence to go farter afield. I would recommend Andalusia. There are plenty of included trips, and optional ones so you don't have bevon yor own unless you want to.
Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi

How about Costa de la Luz. This is a lovely holiday with the right balance of excursions and free time. The hotel is really nice right by the sea. There is a private walkway to the beach. I went there in May 2012 and had a wonderful time.

Jaya

sylvieann
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'sylvieann' wrote:

Hi, I’m a new to all this and this will be the first time I have been on a holiday on my own after losing my husband 18 months ago. I have just had my 60th birthday and after a rollercoaster 18 months I could do with a holiday in the sun and hope you can help me in picking a place to go for the first time. I've just received the brochure and there are some lovely holidays in there and I feel for my first holiday I would like to go on one of their Escape breaks and then try one of their tours or explores ones next time.

So what would you recommend to try first, I’m looking for a place to relax with a few excursions to go on sometime in May or June. Also any tips for first timers would be helpful as I will be very nervous doing all this on my own.

Sylvia

Hi all

Just like to say a big thank you for all your advise you have given me and I have narrowed it down to three holidays.........

Italy's Cilento Coast

Treasures of Andalucia

Costa de la Luz

......they all look wonderful holidays and I will be making a final decision this weekend and book it up before I change my mind.

Still feeling very nervous about going on my own but I'm hoping once I have gain some confidence I can look forward to doing more holidays in the near future.

I hope to meet some of you on one of my future trips.

Sylvie

Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Sylvie

So pleased to hear that you are going to make a final decision and book. Andalucia too is a great holiday. I went there in September 2010. Believe me, you will definitely want to book another holiday once you have come back. Think of the adventure that lies ahead of you and you will be fine.

Jaya

gailtravels
(Member)
Hi Sylvia

I went on the Cliento Coast trip last May and actually met Mick on that trip and a couple of others that I still keep in touch with, we had a fabulous time good laughs and very good excursions, lovely hotel right on the beach and good food, thoroughly recommend this one but I have also been on quite a few, Apulia was very good as was Malta, Israel, Croatia to name a few, they were all very good. I atually went to Poland and the Tetra Mountains my first JY trip and that was fantastic, they don't do this trip anymore but they definitely should. You won't be sorry and like Jaya says you will come back and want to book another. Good luck and happy holidays x

nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
'gailtravels' wrote:

Hi Sylvia

I went on the Cliento Coast trip last May and actually met Mick on that trip and a couple of others that I still keep in touch with, we had a fabulous time good laughs and very good excursions, lovely hotel right on the beach and good food, thoroughly recommend this one but I have also been on quite a few, Apulia was very good as was Malta, Israel, Croatia to name a few, they were all very good. I atually went to Poland and the Tetra Mountains my first JY trip and that was fantastic, they don't do this trip anymore but they definitely should. You won't be sorry and like Jaya says you will come back and want to book another. Good luck and happy holidays x

I to went on the Poland Tatra mountain tour! I thought it was a very good tour

Cindy