pegasus24
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
anybody been to new Zealand with just you?
nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hello and welcome to you

I have been to HKG and NZ in January 2012. This is a great tour. The scenery is stunning. IF you have a look on the review board there should be a report back from me. There are many hours sitting on a coach but this is to see so much wonderful scenery along the way and moving on to the next place. there are many hotels but I am used to this way of travelling! you can do washing along the way, if I can help with anything else regarding this tour just ask.

Cindy

pegasus24
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Thanks Cindy - I've been to the Rockies with JY but this is further and more expensive. It is. however, one of the last places on my 'wish list' so I'm trying to talk myself into it. You seem to have enjoyed it so I'm getting used to the idea.

Thanks for the reply

dave

nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
Dave

yes, I agree it is a lot of money, but all I can say is I am glad I went in this tour. It has changed a little bit since I did the tour and I can see why they have made the changes and these I am sure are for the better.

The weather while I was in HGK was just nasty so we didn't get to see some really good sights which is a shame, even so it was OK. The day spent at Milford sound in NZ was for me one of the best days the weather was just right and the scenery for me was breath taking. If your money allows just try and do all you can yes, the optional tours - flight do add up to a lot of money but it's a once in a life time holiday. our tour guide Sarah had quite a few extra things for us to do as well. So it's a non stop tour. My thinking is you can sleep when you get back home.

You have fun

Cindy

the_baron1
(Member)
Hi again Pegasus, Just replied to your other thread.

Well worth going to, something to do at every place you go to. Only had overnight stay in Wellington but think stopover has been extended there before sailing to South Island.

Eric.

SylviaJ
(Member)
Hi Dave

I've replied to your other thread too.

Sylvia

pegasus24
(Member) (Topic Starter)
just replied to the other threat Sylvia - I'm very new to this so when I started the first thread I had a reply something about 'moderation' which I didn't understand - I also note that you are a member and I am only a junior member- but if your photo is anything to go by I don't think you would consider me 'junior'

thanks again

dave

Angelina123
(Member)
Hi. My name is Angela and I am going to New Zealand on 29 Nov this year. This will be my ten trip with JY and also two with Travelsphere and I've travelled to America, Canada, Iceland and Japan to name a few. Travelling my own, I always worry about what clothes to take, how many clothes, how much currency etc but once I am in the air I relax. I have been to HK before but can't remember the airline food so I might take a packet or two of biscuits in my hold baggage in case I am hungry when I arrive in Hong Kong. I wonder how many Hong Kong dollars to take with me as we only have breakfast and how much money for New Zealand. Any ideas anyone? I'm retired so hardly a junior member!

:s

pegasus24
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hello Angela

I'd be very interested to hear about your trip. money etc on your return - best of luck with your adventure

dave

nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
Angelina

I would take as much money as you can because if you want to do all the optional tours they do mount up, also the manager had a few more trips as well which were worth doing...I only managed to do one helicopter flight due to the weather, not on the ground but in the sky. Most of my money went on food as you are away for a while. There are a few trips out in HKG so take that into consideration. Also take a credit card as some flights tours you can put on a card if you would like, but many excursions are in local currency to the tour manager.

Only pack clothes for 10 - 14 days as you can do washing at a few of the hotels.

There are many hours spent on the coach so take some music or a book or sleep to pass the time.

Have fun if I can help with anything else just ask.

Cindy

Angelina123
(Member)
'pegasus24' wrote:

anybody been to new Zealand with just you?

Hi, I am going to NZ on 29 November and even though I have travelled far and wide with JustYou I am still nervous as it is such a long way. It is difficult deciding what clothes to take too. Will mix dresses and cotton trousers I think. See you all at Heathrow soon. Angela

Angelina123
(Member)
'nixon' wrote:

Angelina

I would take as much money as you can because if you want to do all the optional tours they do mount up, also the manager had a few more trips as well which were worth doing...I only managed to do one helicopter flight due to the weather, not on the ground but in the sky. Most of my money went on food as you are away for a while. There are a few trips out in HKG so take that into consideration. Also take a credit card as some flights tours you can put on a card if you would like, but many excursions are in local currency to the tour manager.

Only pack clothes for 10 - 14 days as you can do washing at a few of the hotels.

There are many hours spent on the coach so take some music or a book or sleep to pass the time.

Cindy

Thanks Cindy. Anglea

Angelina123
(Member)
New Zealand 29 Nov 13. I have just found out that there are 12 of us on the trip which is a really nice number. I was thrilled to find out that Sarah Wrightson is our Tour Manager. She was my tour manager in Japan and she is a fabulous tour manager so I know I will have a fun holiday. Ordered the currency today and the spare bed is cleared to put all the things which I would like to pack. Will check out the local temperatures soon. I have seen the video of the jet boat that I have booked on and it looks a bit scarey - aaargh!
nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
Angelina

Sarah is great, she was the tour manager when I went, you know you will have some great laughs with her along the way.

If it's the jet boat through JY booking it , don't panic it's not scary in the least, if it's the one they arranged for us. They do get you to wear a very fashionable...NOT coat thing...have a great time I look forward to your review when you get back.

Cindy

pegasus24
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Angelina

I wish I was going on this one but will have to wait until next year. Have a good holiday and I'm looking forward to hearing about it. Are you going to do the bungee jump off the bridge?

Dave

Angelina123
(Member)
'pegasus24' wrote:

Hello Angela

I'd be very interested to hear about your trip. money etc on your return - best of luck with your adventure

dave

Hi Dave

Will let you know how things go, not long now!!! Angela

Angelina123
(Member)
'pegasus24' wrote:

Hi Angelina

I wish I was going on this one but will have to wait until next year. Have a good holiday and I'm looking forward to hearing about it. Are you going to do the bungee jump off the bridge?

Dave

Maybe???!!!!!

Angela

Angelina123
(Member)
'Angelina123' wrote:

'nixon' wrote:

Angelina

Cindy

Thanks Cindy. Anglea

Hi Cindy, I have booked all the trips I can and paid here. Will I be able to wear summer dresses during the day as I find them cooler than trousers although I will take about 3 pairs of trousers with me. I am also taking a packable cagoule with me. I have found from past experience it is better to unpack clothes and put them on the spare bed and then re-pack (folding) the clothes the next day as this stops them creasing so much. Angela

nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
Angelina

if the weather is warm you will be fine in dresses, at times there is a fair amount of walking and sitting on a coach, so don't forget comfy shoes etc..

Have a great time and enjoy each moment...

Cindy

DavidG
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hello,

Two points I forgot to answer: Cathay Pacific have a choice of Chinese or English meals which were quite good - for airline food! Our Tour Manager took in bags of sweets without problem. Just declare on arrival card.

David.