JULIE M
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
I am going to Thailand in a fortnights time does anyone who has done this tour before have any good tips and advice that they can share with me.

Anything how ever small or not gratefully received.

Thanks in advance

Julie M

Hils
  • (Member)
(Member)
'JULIE wrote:

I am going to Thailand in a fortnights time does anyone who has done this tour before have any good tips and advice that they can share with me.

Anything how ever small or not gratefully received.

Thanks in advance

Julie M

Hi Julie,

When I went in November last year it was very humid - drink lots of water and I found using a fan (you can get some very nice ones and really cheap!) helped a lot. Go with an empty suitcase - if you are into shopping you will have a ball! Massages on the beach at Cha am are wonderful. The people are lovely and the food is superb. I did all the excursions, all were great - I think I booked all of them from the UK. The usual health things - take anti bacterial gel/wipes, imodium, rehydration salts, and tissues.

Enjoy!

Cheers,

Hils

julie.H
(Member)
I am going in November, so would love to hear how you got on when you return. Have a great time. Julie.H.
JULIE M
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hello Hils,

Thanks for your reply.

I have also booked all of the excursions. Could you please tell me if you have much spare time to yourself to relax or go shopping or whatever. As it looks like I am going to be very busy.

Thanks

JUlie M

JULIE M
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Julie H

I hope you have a great holiday when you go to Thailand. I am so excited and can't wait to go. I booked to do this trip 2 years ago in November, but had to cancel because of ill health. So it has been along coming for me.

I will put a post up again on my return to let you know how I got on.

Julie M

Full of Life
(Member)
'julie.H' wrote:

I am going in November, so would love to hear how you got on when you return. Have a great time. Julie.H.

Hello to the two Julies!!

Julie H - I am going in November and it's my first JY holiday and so looking forward to doing a very different sort of holiday to what I am used to.

The other Julie M ............ have a wonderful time as you must have been so disappointed to have to cancel your previous Thailand booking - I look forward to getting your feedback.

Sue

Chloesonic :)
(Member)
Hi there

I went in April and wow its a fab trip but any tips would be take plenty of mossy spray and money for tips as you tip EVERYONE its gets crazy they say good morning you have they expect a tip 🙂

have a great time xx

julie.H
(Member)
'Full wrote:

'julie.H' wrote:

Julie H - I am going in November and it's my first JY holiday and so looking forward to doing a very different sort of holiday to what I am used to.

The other Julie M ............ have a wonderful time as you must have been so disappointed to have to cancel your previous Thailand booking - I look forward to getting your feedback.

Sue.

Hi sue, look forward to meeting you in November, this will be my 3rd JY tour & all have been excellent so far. I will be travelling from Bristol by coach & should arrive at airport 6.15pm, we could meet up when when both there if you like. Julie.

Full of Life
(Member)
'julie.H' wrote:

'Full wrote:

'julie.H' wrote:

Sue.

Hi sue, look forward to meeting you in November, this will be my 3rd JY tour & all have been excellent so far. I will be travelling from Bristol by coach & should arrive at airport 6.15pm, we could meet up when when both there if you like. Julie.

HI there, Julie ..........

That sounds great. I might be coming down by coach from Derby but have never used a coach before so it's nice to know that you are using them!

See you fairly soon ........... Sue

victor11
(Member)
'Chloesonic wrote:

Hi there

I went in April and wow its a fab trip but any tips would be take plenty of mossy spray and money for tips as you tip EVERYONE its gets crazy they say good morning you have they expect a tip 🙂

have a great time xx

Hi! I'm also going to Thailand in November & found the tips helpful. Just a question about currency. Is it best to take US$ & chnge into local currency once there?

gkerryg
(Member)
Hi.

Im going on 30Oct. ..also first time travelling with JY. Important travelling by coach from swindon.

I read that it was cruel to ride elephants. Is this True?

Also... How much money should i be Tipping? just so i can take enough pennies lol.

Kerry

Full of Life
(Member)
'victor11' wrote:

'Chloesonic wrote:

Hi there

have a great time xx

Hi! I'm also going to Thailand in November & found the tips helpful. Just a question about currency. Is it best to take US$ & chnge into local currency once there?

Hi Victor ........

I am going in November too and would like some thoughts (if not advice) on what currency to take and would it be helpful to take travellers cheques? Can anyone help who has been on a Thailand holiday previously?

Thanks ........

Sue

Full of Life
(Member)
'julie.H' wrote:

'Full wrote:

'julie.H' wrote:

Sue.

Hi Julie ........

How's life - all good I hope 🙂 Have you done any more JY holidays? I am starting to look at some ......... oh yes, and how did the cruise go? Are you hooked now? I went on one in January (no single supplement) and am going on another one in July with a girlfriend.

I did send you a load of photos via email - did you receive them?

Love Sue x