JuneEd
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi, this will be the first time I've booked a solo holiday in over 30 yrs. I'm part excited and part nervous about the whole thing. Anybody else booked on the same holiday who is also travelling solo?
anpev
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hello June,

I'm doing the Best of the West on 3.9.19, but I have to admit this is not my first JY holiday. I've been travelling with JY for at least 10 years and taking my first solo trip was one of the best things I've ever done. Travelling alone, but in a group, gives a whole new kind of freedom.

Before each trip I still get a bit apprehensive, but also really excited. I look at it this way- everyone else on the trip has chosen to go to the same places as me, so probably have similar interests to me. There will be scope for time alone if you wish, but also lots of opportunity to mix with the rest of the group and you'll soon find things in common. I've made some wonderful friends through JY holidays. I've also met lots of people whose company I thoroughly enjoyed, but for different reasons haven't kept in touch with.

You'll be really glad you made the choice I'm sure.

See you on the 3rd.

Angee

SCB
  • (Member)
(Member)
'JuneEd' wrote:

Hi, this will be the first time I've booked a solo holiday in over 30 yrs. I'm part excited and part nervous about the whole thing. Anybody else booked on the same holiday who is also travelling solo?

Hi June

I’m going on this trip. I’ve done a few trips on my own with Just You and enjoyed them all. I think the best was the US National Parks which I imagine will be a bit similar to this one. When I asked a week or so ago, there’s were only 11 people on the tour - it’ll be nice if the numbers stay fairly low. Anyway, I’m much looking forward to it.

JuneEd
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'anpev' wrote:

Hello June,

I'm doing the Best of the West on 3.9.19, but I have to admit this is not my first JY holiday. I've been travelling with JY for at least 10 years and taking my first solo trip was one of the best things I've ever done. Travelling alone, but in a group, gives a whole new kind of freedom.

Before each trip I still get a bit apprehensive, but also really excited. I look at it this way- everyone else on the trip has chosen to go to the same places as me, so probably have similar interests to me. There will be scope for time alone if you wish, but also lots of opportunity to mix with the rest of the group and you'll soon find things in common. I've made some wonderful friends through JY holidays. I've also met lots of people whose company I thoroughly enjoyed, but for different reasons haven't kept in touch with.

You'll be really glad you made the choice I'm sure.

See you on the 3rd.

Angee

Hi Angee,

Thanks for your post. It's reassuring to hear from other people who have travelled with JY before. I'm really looking forward to my trip, see you then.

June

JuneEd
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'SCB' wrote:

'JuneEd' wrote:

Hi June

I’m going on this trip. I’ve done a few trips on my own with Just You and enjoyed them all. I think the best was the US National Parks which I imagine will be a bit similar to this one. When I asked a week or so ago, there’s were only 11 people on the tour - it’ll be nice if the numbers stay fairly low. Anyway, I’m much looking forward to it.

Good to hear from you, it's nice to connect with some people before the trip. Not long to go now, really looking forward to it.

June