CinderellaSue
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi everyone,

I've never been on a singles holiday before - 28 years married and 9 years since divorce. I'm nervous but would like to take the plunge and book something in June. I wondered if anyone from Edinburgh is considering doing likewise? I am in my 50's - get on well with everyone, male and female! I like the sun so would prefer to go somewhere hot 🙂 Would love to hear from anyone in similar circumstances, Thanks 🙂

sylvie
  • (Member)
(Member)
hi there Im heading off to Americas Golden West hol in Sept going from Edin - Heathrow and meeting up with others there I first went on hol with this company last year to China yes in at the deep end but I neednt have worried everyone was super you meet some lovely people all in the same situation as yourself and if you like meeting new people its the holiday for you everything is done for you all you have to do is enjoy See you on a holiday soon maybe Sylvie
CinderellaSue
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Thanks Sylvie for your reassuring reply! I was nervous going from Edinburgh as I thought there would probably not be other people to meet up with at the airport, unlike going from down South. Its good to know you had a positive experience and are going on another holiday. What is the average age of people who go on these holidays? Was there a good mix of men and women on the last one you went on - usually there seem to be far more women than men at most things these days!
lesley07
(Member)
'CinderellaSue' wrote:

Hi everyone,

I've never been on a singles holiday before - 28 years married and 9 years since divorce. I'm nervous but would like to take the plunge and book something in June. I wondered if anyone from Edinburgh is considering doing likewise? I am in my 50's - get on well with everyone, male and female! I like the sun so would prefer to go somewhere hot 🙂 Would love to hear from anyone in similar circumstances, Thanks :)

Hi Sue

I too am going on the trip to USA on 19th Sept. and did China last year. I too was very apprehensive but had a great time. Trips are well organised and I'm sure you will meet lots of nice people. Just go for it!!

Lesley

Linda54
(Member)
Hi. I too am from the Edinburgh area, age 57 and divorced. Am new to Just You. I am booked to go on the Heart of Alpine Europe trip in August. I am really looking forward to it, but am apprehensive also.

;)

CinderellaSue
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Thanks Lesley, I am sure I will pluck up courage soon! Its just a shame we do not get greeted at the airport in Edinburgh - was it obvious where to meet the rest of group when you got to London? Did you find your holiday to China was mainly women? I am not too bothered but it is nice to have mixed company!

Sue

CinderellaSue
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Thanks Lesley, I am sure I will pluck up courage soon! Its just a shame we do not get greeted at the airport in Edinburgh - was it obvious where to meet the rest of group when you got to London? Did you find your holiday to China was mainly women? I am not too bothered but it is nice to have mixed company!

Sue