jillpg
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
I am considering taking a holiday on my own as my husband is going on a motorbiking holiday this year and I don't really fancy going on a motorbike again - done that, got the T-shirt! Although it was good fun (we went to Kerala, India), I'm not really into motorbikes enough to go again. But I don't want to miss out on a holiday! I have never been on a singles holiday before so the thought is a little daunting but I haven't got the confidence to just go somewhere completely on my own. I suppose I've always had an idea of what singles holidays are all about.... and that is definitely not what I'm after!! And I am 55 now!! I would just like to go on holiday with like-minded others. This company seems to be very much like that? It would be great to hear from others in a similiar situation to me and hear their thoughts on embarking on such a holiday. I haven't any particular ideas on where to go but I am physically fit so wouldn't mind the walking hol for starters.

sontab
  • (Member)
(Member)
Go on book, I did. Must admit I am very nervous of my first holiday alone but if I don't make the effort I will never go anywhere.

I lost my husband in November 2010 so this is a really "big" thing for me to do never having been on holiday alone for nearly fifty years.

I spent hours and hours deliberating but with my daughter's help (she pushed my hand!) I booked for China in August. A place I have wanted to visit for many years and, had my wonderful husband still been with me, I would never have gone to as he wasn't too keen.

As I have already said I am nervous, very, but I have to do this. All my friends think I am very brave, wish I felt that way.

Go on, do it. I am a lot older than you and have taken the plunge and I have heard nothing but good reports about JY. Good luck.

:thumbup:

Worldtraveller
(Member)
Go for it. I was worried about going alone but I had a great time in Cuba last October a lovely group of people all friendly. I have booked for Vietnam and Cambodia in September I cannot wait. None of the usual single rubbish you hear of. You will really enjoy it.[/size][/font]
JudiC
  • (Member)
(Member)
Like you I have a husband with different interests but have decided that if I want to complete my wish list while still fit enough to enjoy it I would need to go on my own. I went to China last year and had a really good time so i am venturing to America's Golden west in September this year. the fact is you are with people who are all on their own for a variety of reasons and all want to be on the chosen holiday, so be brave and go for it!

SJAW
  • (Member)
(Member)
'jillpg' wrote:

I am considering taking a holiday on my own as my husband is going on a motorbiking holiday this year and I don't really fancy going on a motorbike again - done that, got the T-shirt! Although it was good fun (we went to Kerala, India), I'm not really into motorbikes enough to go again. But I don't want to miss out on a holiday! I have never been on a singles holiday before so the thought is a little daunting but I haven't got the confidence to just go somewhere completely on my own. I suppose I've always had an idea of what singles holidays are all about.... and that is definitely not what I'm after!! And I am 55 now!! I would just like to go on holiday with like-minded others. This company seems to be very much like that? It would be great to hear from others in a similiar situation to me and hear their thoughts on embarking on such a holiday. I haven't any particular ideas on where to go but I am physically fit so wouldn't mind the walking hol for starters.

Hi I will be going on my 4th Just you holiday in May they look after you it is a good mix of ages sometimes a bit light on males (no bad thing?) but I have never had anything but a good experience the last holiday I went on even had a married lady without her partner and she really enjoyed herself

hope you find something to interest you

good luck

Sylvi

nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hello Jill and welcome

Have a look at the two video links at the top of the page Lovely Lesley, and Nixon ( I am Nixon) might help you with a few things. Like you I to do have a HUSBAND!! I am 53 married 30 years. In 6 years since I stumbled across this company I have been on 8 JY tours enjoyed them all. I have done 5 Long Haul and 3 short Haul I go for the real tourist tours with lots to see and do.

So what do you think the holidays are like??

Can I assure you that this is not some sort of dating agency so leave that worry behind. YES people have linked up together and found friendship I am sure, but there has never been any awkward situations that I have been aware of the ladies far out weigh the Men.

The group mixes in very well together Men and Ladies, the tours are fun and some great places to visit. In a very safe way to travel which is important to me, but also important to my Husband that I at the end of the day am going to have some one looking out for me. He is very happy for me to travel with JY. (Well gives him a break from me)..

If there is anything I can help with just ask..OK

Cindy

jillpg
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Thanks tlo all of you for your encouragement and support. It seems all I have to do now is decide where to go, get time off work and SAVE UP!!!!
JustAndy103
(Member)
'jillpg' wrote:

Hi Jillpg

Although I Am a single male, I have been on 14 holiday,s with Just You, And there are often Married ladies that come on the trips that I Have been on. Many for the first time. I Am well aware how many chaps like their golf , motorbikes etc. But please bare in mind, This company caters for single travellers and not nesscessary single people. On the trips I have been on everyone gets along pretty well. And I think you would thoroughly enjoy yourself. As for walking trips, Just You do a very good little walking trip to Germany, In Walking In The Ahr Valley, Which is a very short 5 day walking holiday. It is a great location although the walks are interesting are very mild. However it is also a great holiday to start on travelling on your own for the first time..

All the very best

Andy

Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Jill

Just want to add my warm welcome. Cindy and Andy have answered most of your questions. Just You is definitely not a 'singles dating' holiday. I chose Just You for my first holiday alone for this reason. Of course, I was a bit nervous to start with, but once I was on holiday I soon realised that there was no need to be nervous at all. You are very well looked after and do not have to worry about a single thing. I have been on 2 holidays so far and have booked 2 for this year. Am counting the days...

Regards

Jaya

margaret128
(Member)
I did my first Just you short break two weeks ago and I have just booked my second great tour manager good holiday and most importantly great company Go for it!
Faith
  • (Member)
(Member)
I took my first single holiday with Just You two years after my husband died. I agonised about it for ages and found it very hard to take the decision to go it on my own. Like you I was very anxious NOT to book a holiday that was going to turn out to be a dating holiday. I have been with Just You a number of times now and they are great. You meet a good cross section of people of all ages and everyone is so so friendly. You can mix freely and comfortably with people because no one is going to think you are trying to date them. Often there are people on the holiday who like you have a partner at home, but for whatever reason, take separate holidays. Book. You wont regret it.