Debbie321
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
I reach the big 50 next year (2012) and plan on treating myself to a holiday in Kenya (Magic of Kenya with the coast extension). I’ve read that it’s the rainy season in April and would love to hear from people that have been at that time – and also people that have been in September as that’s my second choice.

Could you also let me know if it’s safe to swim in the ocean in these months as I’ve been to the Indian Ocean in July (Sri Lanka) and it was far too rough and dangerous?

One of my dreams is to have a hot air balloon ride – is that available? If not through Just You then is there somewhere else that can arrange this locally?

So many questions and I haven’t even asked the usual ones for a first timer! I’m sure I’ll ask them nearer the time - the brochure isn’t even out yet and I can’t wait!

nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
Debbie

Welcome and don't panic. I did this tour late Sept/Oct 2010 with the extension which was so worth it to sunbathe and do nothing BLISS. So I can only answer on the later date and not April, it was blasting hot and at times very humid. YES people were swimming in the sea, but unless you go in early the sea goes out for a very long way before you even touch your toe in the water. I DID not go in the sea the pool was enough for me. Also the locals do approach you trying to sell there bits and bobs, a vey FIRM no is all that is needed. Like you I love a hot air balloon ride, but this is not available on this tour and cannot be done locally, the only way was to go to a remote village taken up about 3 days of the tour and a hefty cost. I was not prepared to waste 3 days on say a hour balloon ride.

If you have any other questions just ask.. all in all it was a fantastic holiday the ANIMALS were just amazing..Loved it all

Cindy

Debbie321
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Thanks Cindy - that's helping me make my mind up! I love to swim and prefer the ocean to the pool so might have to get the brochures out again!