mickmoorhouse
(Member) (Topic Starter)
What would some of you experienced JY travellers recommend for my first holiday. Would like to combine activity with some total relaxation.

PS what are the Taster weekends like ?

nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hello Mick

Sorry no idea what a taster weekend is like my 1st tour was USA..... I am off to my 8th next week to New Zealand, so you can see I do LOVE to travel....my suggestion to you would be browse the brochure and see what appeals to you..ITS YOUR holiday and then book it.. they are great fun some are relaxing, and some are totalliy exhausting but still so worth it. I have done Tuscanny, Poland, Austria, Nashville& Memphis, East Coastliner, Boston New England & New York, and Kenya Safari. next New Zealand...I am sure there is something that appeals to you.. Happy Holidays

Cindy

christine smith
(Member)
Hi its my first time trying a holiday on my own. Im quite nervous and think that maybe a weekender would be a good taster. I would like to go to china as well
Mick W
  • (Member)
(Member)
Depends what you mean by activity if you are talking about excursions some days and chlling by the pool or beach others from the hols I've done Treasures of Andalucia or Discover Mallorca are good.

Saying that if you decide to do all the opptional excursions you wont get too many free days but thats upto you and what you book.

Mick

LovelyLesley1
(Member)
'christine wrote:

Hi its my first time trying a holiday on my own. Im quite nervous and think that maybe a weekender would be a good taster. I would like to go to china as well

Hi Christine,

Welcome

You say you would like to go to China - then go! Because you can.

I went last March & it was all I expected it to be - such fun. It was a great crowd & a very fast-paced holiday but oh so worthwhile. I am sure you will enjoy it. It was cold in March but that did not spoil it for me. You could always go later in the year when it's warmer.

Really Christine, there is nothing to be nervous about - you will have a great time, meet new people (& forget your nerves), your tour manager takes great care of you & it is very safe. So go for it!! You will be glad you did & will wonder what you found to be nervous about.

Be happy,

Best wishes,

Lesley :angel:

PS:- this March its Peru for me! Oh Yes bring it on!!!

Dcruzer
(Member)
I'm a first timer and was looking at taking an awesome first holiday with JY holidays too. Wasn't sure which to take but for me, it's looking to be either Peru or South Africa. Peru has got Machu Picchu, one of the New Seven Wonders of the World. That would be pretty sweet to see. Or Africa, going to Swaziland and riding some elephants in between chilling at national parks. Your spoilt for choice really.

Was there a particular area you wanted to do? Asia? USA?

As for a taster weekend, I suppose somewhere close to the UK would be good. Maybe France or Germany? Or really close would be one they do to Belfast and Dublin.

I'm new to travelling single too and am a little nervous, but you only live once so I'm just gonna go for it! There will be plenty of other travellers whom are most likely going it first time by themselves too.

Hope you make up your mind soon fella! Take it easy!