JMCC
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Olly

I plan to take some Yuan in cash and the rest of my money as travellers cheques. I have been advised by my bank that Sterling travellers cheques will be more economical than US Dollar cheques because I will only have to pay commission with them once (assuming that I don't blow the lot 🙂 )

Is it easy to change Sterling cheques in the hotels? I will also take a UK Visa debit card, but I have read that ATMs can be erratic in China.

Does this make sense? Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Joyce

Sheila-F
(Member)
Hi Joyce

I went to China with Just You last year and was advised to take cash only, along with a debit card. We were allowed to take up to £400 worth of Chinese Yuan. As the tour was so hectic we didn't get the opportunity to look around for ATMs and I don't personally recall seeing any, although I'm sure there must be some. We were advised also that travellers cheques are difficult to cash. Send your query to the 'Editor' section on this web site if you want an answer from Olly. Hope this helps.

Sheila

Tracy Anne
(Member)
Hi Joyce

I am also going on this holiday and have travellers cheques as my friends said the hotels would be able to change them, hope this helps.

Tracy

JMCC
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hello Tracy & Sheila

Thanks for your replies and tips.

Tracy - I look forward to meeting you later this week.

Kind regards

Joyce