Carol38
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Top of my bucket list is the Grand Canyon, and Just You has 2 holidays that go there...and I like both of them!

America's Western Wonders & National Parks Mount Rushmore .

if I can only pluck up the courage to go (as it would be my first time going solo & I will be terrified) I plan to go May 2024.

Am just wondering if there's anyone out there that has been on either holiday ?...Thank you !

IanWight
(Member)
Hi Carol,

i have done bits of the western wonders tour but not the tour itself. However I did the National Parks & Mt Rushmore trip in September 2022 and there is a review on the review page. Please feel free to ask if there is anything you want to know not covereed here. And don't worry everyone is in the same boat and you will soon get to know your travelling companions.

https://www.justyou.co.uk/tours/national-parks-mount-rushmore-and-little-big-horn/ 

Debbie Peters
(Member)
I did the Western Wonders holiday a while ago.  It is full on (as all these tours are) because you are covering huge distances.  Not much time to relax, but you get to see a lot, which is the idea.  I understand from people who have travelled to the USA recently that the cost of living is currently eye-watering, and the poor rate of exchange doesn't help!  As this tour does not include any meals, or only breakfast, you would need to factor in a lot of spending money.  But California is fantastic, I have been twice now.   
Scott
  • (Newbie)
(Newbie)
Hi I'm going for the first time to the western wonders in may 24 too 😀
Helen Thomas
(Newbie)
Originally Posted by: IanWight 

Hi Carol,

i have done bits of the western wonders tour but not the tour itself. However I did the National Parks & Mt Rushmore trip in September 2022 and there is a review on the review page. Please feel free to ask if there is anything you want to know not covereed here. And don't worry everyone is in the same boat and you will soon get to know your travelling companions.

https://www.justyou.co.uk/tours/national-parks-mount-rushmore-and-little-big-horn/ 

Hi Ian

I'm booked on the national parks tour in September 2024, your review has been really helpful. I've done some of the parts of the trip before with Archers Direct back in 2011 and this will be my first tour by myself. Nervous but excited at the same time!

IanWight
(Member)
Hi Helen,

It is a brilliant trip and glad you found the review useful. If there is anything more specific then do feel free to ask.

Ian

Helen Thomas
(Newbie)
Originally Posted by: IanWight 

Hi Helen,

It is a brilliant trip and glad you found the review useful. If there is anything more specific then do feel free to ask.

Ian

Hi Ian

Was a visit to the grand prismatic at Yellowstone included? It was one thing I wanted to see before but the guide said we would never get a good view of it

IanWight
(Member)
Hi Helen,

We did not visit Grand Prismatic Spring but we did visit the Dragon's Mouth Spring. This link tells you about it. 

https://www.nps.gov/places/000/dragons-mouth-spring.htm 

Ian

PrincessPringle
(Newbie)
I'm booked onto western Wonders in May this year and it's my first solo trip too, join us, I'm sure it'll be great!!
CJWilliams
(Newbie)
Hi Scott

Are you travelling from Manchester or are you local to London?

CJWilliams
(Newbie)
Hi

Just wondering if you have booked Americas Western Wonders for May this year?

simon24
(Member)
 Hi, I'm on America Western Wonders May 2024. Finally getting to do this trip, covid cancelled 2020,2021. Didn't happen 2022, couldn't do last year, 4 years later than planned and finally going to happen. 
Donna1
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi I've done both the western wonders in 2019 and national parks last year. My preference was the Western wonders as I found was less full on than the national parks. Both were good but I really feel the national parks is just a little too long and too full on and should be split into two holidays but the places you visit on both are definitely worth visiting I just wish I had longer in most of the places in the national parks tour
PrincessPringle
(Newbie)
Same here Simon, I was booked in for May 2020 too!!!

I'm finally going in 3 weeks too!