Julia
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Good evening all,

Before I sign off for the evening I thought I would post today's Monday Musing for you to mull over...

Hopefully, for those of you who are on our mailing list, the new Just You brochure will have landed on your doormat. Now, it includes a few new tours (such as the 14-day tour of Thailand, taking in Chaing Mai, Bangkok and Cha am, there is the walking tour in the Swiss Alps and a journey though Florida & the Old South), but as you know, we launch the vast majority of our new holidays in September. As we are looking to put together some fantastic itineraries together for September, we thought we'd ask the question... where in the world would you most like to visit that is currently not covered by the the Just You programme.

Now I can pretty much guess a few destinations that will be mentioned given conversations that have been had here on the community in the past (and what's been discussed around the office at the moment), but why not share your thoughts below and we'll share the thread with all of our holiday creators.

We look forward to hearing your thoughts,

kindest regards,

Julia

BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Julia,

A great question and much appreciated!  I know JY currently have their widest range of holidays on offer to date, so I presume there is limited scope as to what could be offered either this year or over the next couple of years.  Anyhow, if I could ask for any tours to be added to the very wide portfolio, they would include:

Ethiopia including the Simien Mountains, Uzbekistan and Kyrgyzstan, Tanzania (Serengeti, Ngorongoro and Zanzibar), Romania and Bulgaria (as a combined tour if possible) and Morocco (a proper tour including the middle and high Atlas and the Sahara).  There are probably more, but that's what springs to mind at present.

Concerning your current range of tours, there are lots of new and recent tours that I'd really like to do over the next few years (and ones that I didn't get the chance to do), so please think about running them in the years ahead!  Just because they didn't sell out first time around, doesn't mean they won't again, given a few tweaks and a bit of a rest!  The tours I'd love to do over the next few years include:

An Adventure thro' Central America, Mongolia (but not during July/August - can't go then!), Roof of the World plus Hong Kong, Canadian Rockies, The Great Eastern USA, Alaska, Australia and New Zealand (plus Cook Islands), Peru (Travelsphere), the Azores, Alpine Europe, Malta and more!

I know it is a tough economic climate these days, but please try to keep prices down; they have crept up so much over the last year or so and I am going to have to cut back as a result - I'm sure I'm not the only one - so I do hope that the tours can be kept at a reasonable price without forsaking quality!

Cheers,

Bob

sallyc
(Member)
Madagascar please, pretty please!
TimH
  • (Member)
(Member)
Here's a few from my wish list

Madagascar

Indonesia

Taiwan

Uganda to see the gorillas

Tim

Yellowbudgie
(Member)
The walking holiday in Switzerland is tempting, but too short for me. In effect it's 3 days travelling plus an overnight airport hotel for only 4 days there.

The trip I would like to see JY offer is the Travelsphere Germany holiday, Harz Mountains and Berlin by Rail, which includes Colditz and Leipzig.

Rob

Dina
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Julia

I am thinking of Madagascar, Ethiopia, Tanzania. I would love to visit Bhutan starting the tour in Darjeeling similar to the Saga trip which I have looked at.

In Europe I would like to see either Northern Germany perhaps including the Harz mountains or Bavaria and the Romantic Road-Rothenburg ob der Tauber, the fairy tale castles etc. and Poland with the salt mines included.

I don't know why I am saying this because I can't afford to do all the JY trips that I have already got my heart set on as it is.

Kind Regards

Di

intrepid traveller
(Member)
Hi, I would love a weekend in Athens.  Also some more European Christmas Market Options please.

I am considering going with Travelsphere to Bucherest and wonder if that is a tour that is also likely to be available from JY?  Thank you

Dyuti
  • (Member)
(Member)
'Julia' wrote:

Good evening all,

Before I sign off for the evening I thought I would post today's Monday Musing for you to mull over...

Hopefully, for those of you who are on our mailing list, the new Just You brochure will have landed on your doormat. Now, it includes a few new tours (such as the 14-day tour of Thailand, taking in Chaing Mai, Bangkok and Cha am, there is the walking tour in the Swiss Alps and a journey though Florida & the Old South), but as you know, we launch the vast majority of our new holidays in September. As we are looking to put together some fantastic itineraries together for September, we thought we'd ask the question... where in the world would you most like to visit that is currently not covered by the the Just You programme.

Now I can pretty much guess a few destinations that will be mentioned given conversations that have been had here on the community in the past (and what's been discussed around the office at the moment), but why not share your thoughts below and we'll share the thread with all of our holiday creators.

kindest regards,

Julia

Darjeeling or any hill station in India where you have to travel by the mountain railways. 

Dyuti

katy1717
(Member)
Two i know I've mentioned before - Morocco and Ethiopia.  As Bob says above, 2 weeks in Morocco and a full on tour. 

Also, already mentioned above the TS Harz mountains tour.  

Would also help on some tours to have add ons available - eg Shimla on the standard India trip.  

Always interested to see new US tours.  The new one to S Carolina, Georgia and Florida works for me, a maybe for next year, depending on what else I do. 

And skiing tours - there really is a market for these for solo travellers, but nobly seems to be properly covering it.

Kezzer46
(Member)
Hi Julia,

I second all the place the others have suggested. However one place I would love to visit is Bolivia.

What I would also add to my wish list is a couple of double destination holidays, maybe through Europe or around 10-14 days....

Kezzer

ElizabethF
(Member)
Hi Julia it would be good to see some longer duration European Rail tours initially setting off from St Pancras on Eurostar then travelling further into Europe visiting several countries. Also other longer European tours for example maybe to some of the lesser well known parts of France. I agree with others on the forum some longer tours would be good maybe these would offer JYers better value if all dinners are included in the price. I also agree with others on the forum JY prices have shot up considerably over the last year or so my view is unless JY can absorb some of the general rising costs to restrain price hikes rather than pass all costs on to JY customers then I believe JY traveller numbers may significantly drop and that would be such a shame for all parties...

I agree with some other forum users it seems strange we can book a single place on a Travelspere tour at significantly less cost to a comparable JY tour

Best wishes ElizabethF

JuliaGood evening all,

kindest regards,

Julia

SarahS
(Member)
I second the comments on longer European tours. Increased airfares mean that travel costs must be making up gra larger proportion of tour prices. I know not everyone has unlimited time available, so the option to add on extra days at the end of an eight day holiday could be a good compromise.  

I've  just returned from Albi and Carcassone, to find the new brochure on my door mat. I agree with  other contributors, the price increases for some long haul tours are pretty steep.  As Bob so eloquently put it, us travellers have limited budgets, so some hard choices will have to be made.

Edved61
(Member)
I would love to see the Amalfi Coast added. I know you already do quite few tours of Italy, but Amalfi looks very special. Travel Sphere do it, but it's mixed in with couples.
AbbaDave
(Member)
Hi Julia

a cruise programme would be nice, both Mediterranean and further afield

Dave

Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
I already have a long list of destinations/tours I want to do, but would like to add Ethiopia, Tanzania/Zanzibar and Madagascar. Having said this, the recent price increases mean that I too will have to think twice about how many Just You tours I can afford in one year or whether or not to look elsewhere, which I really do not wish to do unless it is a last resort. I am now wondering if I will ever be able to do the Chile/Easter Island tour as the price has increased a lot.

Kind regards

Jaya

Jellifer
(Member)
I'd love some ocean cruise options too - and am REALLY hoping for more dates for Antarctica, pretty please?!
janib
  • (Member)
(Member)
Reading everyone elses ideas, I have been saying for a long time on India with Shimla- top of my list to do. There was an Italian trip from top to bottom which I would love to do, not in brochure except for the Classic Cities which does not cover the South. Fancy America's Music Heritage next April and maybe Picturesque Portugal- never been to Portugal, if no all Italy in next brochure.

Jan

jonah
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Julia

I have just received the Travelsphere Brochure and there is a Grand Polish Explorer which I really like the look of.  It is apparently new for this year and has flights from Liverpool which would really suit me.  Is there any chance of JY offering this next year?

Moderator2
(Member)
'jonah' wrote:

Hi Julia

I have just received the Travelsphere Brochure and there is a Grand Polish Explorer which I really like the look of.  It is apparently new for this year and has flights from Liverpool which would really suit me.  Is there any chance of JY offering this next year?

Good Morning Jonah,

We are currently working on our 2018 itinerary so I really cant say at the moment.

Kind Regards,

Mildred

SylviaJ
(Member)
I want to go to Texas to see the Southfork Ranch (Sue Ellen you're nothing but a tramp!), among other things, but it's being "rested". Amsterdam - though not a cruise, all the Scandinavian capitals, eastern Canada excluding Toronto or the USA, Zanzibar. Oh I could go on!!!

Sylvia