Julia
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Paul,

I'm sorry that we're making that decision on where to go a little harder with each brochure... I would blame JY Will and his team of holiday creators for putting together the great itineraries but I feel the Just You Community members should shoulder some of the responsibility given that you all keep inspiring us, keep up the good work everyone!

On to all things USA! The good news is that there are bookings on all of these departures even though they are towards the end of the year.

The Big Texan Adventure (15th September ) currently has 5 travellers booked

America's Historic Trail ( 3rd September & 24th September) both dates currently have 3 travellers booked

Florida ( 23rd September from Manchester ) currently has 1 traveller booked and they are travelling from Manchester.

Hope all of this helps (even just a little) to making your decision. If you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to get in touch.

Kindest regards,

Julia

Gwyn
  • (Member)
(Member)
So many holidays, so few available to teachers! There is literally just one holiday that I haven't already been on, which appeals and is in the school hols. So it's Calabria with JY this Summer and a week somewhere else with a different operator. After that it's no more JY for me unless Will and the team make a few more destinations available during those peak weeks. It's a real shame as I love the JY way of doing things!
Littlepaul66
(Member)
Thanks Julia.

It's looking like it will be America's Historic Trail but not sure which date. I have to re arrange my leave through work first.

All the USA tours look great we are spoilt for choice. There is something for everyone.

Paul.

sjm533
(Member)
I wanted to book the new Flavours of Tuscany, but with one date liable to change, that's no good, because I have too many other things to book, car parking, travel insurance, overnight hotels etc. Prices not known of the optional excursions until 14-15 weeks before departure - no thanks. I like to know what the full cost is going to be before I book, not after. I am forgetting about that one.

Sylvia

SylviaJ
(Member)
'Julia' wrote:

Hi Sylvia,

Great news!

Can I ask..... what's tempted you at first glance?

Kindest regards,

Julia

Hi Julia

My first choices in no particular order are Norway Huskies, Canada Polar Bears, Sardinia, Croatia Istrian Coast and Jersey. Might be lucky to do them all !!

Sylvia

Julia
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Sylvia,

Looks like you might have a very busy year ahead!

Kindest regards,

Julia

RosieMo
(Member)
'Gwyn' wrote:

So many holidays, so few available to teachers! There is literally just one holiday that I haven't already been on, which appeals and is in the school hols. So it's Calabria with JY this Summer and a week somewhere else with a different operator. After that it's no more JY for me unless Will and the team make a few more destinations available during those peak weeks. It's a real shame as I love the JY way of doing things!

Hi Gwyn,

I feel your pain, I am in the same situation. I fancied a relaxing-type holiday, there are no suitable departures to anywhere at all in the Escape listings.

I am fortunate as I can travel in the half terms and I'm considering the Polar Bears trip to Canada which runs in October half term.

A couple of years ago I went to Russia in the summer, however that departure date has now gone from that holiday.

Please Will, give us just one or two choices with departure dates after 22nd July and returning before mid-August!

RM.

mikew
  • (Member)
(Member)
Still not received mine. But then again I had to ask for a copy of the last brochure, I had to ask for a copy of the last 'Discovery' magazine and I had to ask for a copy of the last 'Holiday Ideas' mini-brochure so I'm not altogether surprised.

Although I have NEVER asked JY to stop sending me brochures/magazines etc, JY's system may well have defaulted me to an 'opt-out status (for some reason best known to itself!) as I know that this has happened to many people before. I can only say that it's pretty frustrating to have to continually ask for each new publication in turn.

Mike

Julia
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Mike,

I am sorry to hear that you haven't received a copy of the Just You brochure yet - I am aware that not all brochures have been delivered.

Given the problems we have had in the past, I did sit down with a member of our data team and check that those travellers who had needed to request a brochure in the past were on the mailing list. If you still have not received a copy next week please let me know and I'll arrange to get another copy in the post to you.

Kindest regards,

Julia

Gwyn
  • (Member)
(Member)
'RosieMo' wrote:

Hi Gwyn,

I feel your pain, I am in the same situation. I fancied a relaxing-type holiday, there are no suitable departures to anywhere at all in the Escape listings.

I am fortunate as I can travel in the half terms and I'm considering the Polar Bears trip to Canada which runs in October half term.

A couple of years ago I went to Russia in the summer, however that departure date has now gone from that holiday.

Please Will, give us just one or two choices with departure dates after 22nd July and returning before mid-August!

RM.

I do hope Will is reading this! It's so frustrating to have the time and the money, but no product from JY! I have been with other companies, but haven't found one which is as good a fit for my wants as JY. Grr! 😠

Bosuncat
(Member)
Sad to say I have still not received my new brochure Julia.
Julia
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Bosuncat,

I am disappointed to hear that.

I've arranged to have a second copy sent out to you today - please let me know if you haven't received at least one copy by the end of the week.

Kindest regards,

Julia

sallyc
(Member)
sallyc
(Member)
I take back my last post - I've just had a call back from the office and have booked the excursions. No real solution as to why I didn't get a brochure - perhaps it is someone telling me I need to curb my holiday spending..........!
Bosuncat
(Member)
Julia
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Sally - you are on our "special" mailing list due to all of the problems we've had in the past and you having to request them.

I've had a second copy requested for you. If you still haven't received anything by the end of the week please let me know.

Kindest regards,

Julia

sallyc
(Member)
Thanks Julia. I have noticed that my first post, and also one in the current Namibia topic didn't appear in its entirety. They both typed okay so I don't quite understand how they got edited in the ether between my iPad and you. Has anyone else had this problem?
nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
Sally ... your special!!!!! LOL

I got mine just before Christmas so I think that makes me really special!

Cindy

kaitakflier
(Member)
Julia

Though I have been on 3 Just You trips in the last two years I seem to have dropped off your Brochure List. Could you please check that I am on your list as I would like to see the latest issue.

Thanks

Peter

SarahS
(Member)
Mine arrived before Christmas too!