sjm533
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Can someone who has been on this holiday help please?  I am thinking of booking this, but first have some questions.

1. Is the restaurant in the hotel or in a separate building?

2. Are there any quiet rooms or do they all face the main road, and are they noisy?

3. Do any rooms have walk in showers?

4. Does the hotel have air conditioning?

Any comments would be most welcome  Thank you.

Sylvia

Bosuncat
(Member)
'sjm533' wrote:

Can someone who has been on this holiday help please?  I am thinking of booking this, but first have some questions.

1. Is the restaurant in the hotel or in a separate building?

2. Are there any quiet rooms or do they all face the main road, and are they noisy?

3. Do any rooms have walk in showers?

4. Does the hotel have air conditioning?

Any comments would be most welcome  Thank you.

Sylvia

Hi Sylvia. 

I think I can help you a bit.  :)

1.  The restaurant is not in the main building.  All you have to do is walk across the road and the restaurant is on the beach, with a flight of steps up to it. 

2.  When I booked I was aware of possible noise issues, and asked when booking for a quiet room if possible.  I think that I was fairly lucky.  I didn't have an awful lot of problems with noise and slept well.

3.  I had a big walk in shower in my room. 

4.  I can't help you with the air conditioning issue I am afraid.  I went at the beginning of October, and we didn't have good weather, lots of rain.  In fact they put the heating on for us one night as we were wet through after the trip to Siena. 

I think there are quite a few reviews on here.  Personally I liked the hotel, but it is basic.  Everywhere was very clean though, the staff and owners are very friendly, although their English is minimal.  Drinks measures are excellent!  I got on with the food okay.  Buffet for breakfast, and the main course of the evening meal is ordered at breakfast.

lesley07
(Member)
Hi Sylvia

There is a recent review of this holiday in that section of the Forum. Hotel website indicates that they have air conditioning and an adapted bedroom.

Hope this helps

Regards

Lesley

sjm533
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Thank you Bosuncat and Lesley - hi there hope all is well - that helps a lot.  

I found the review, which I had already seen, but missed the bit about the air-con.   Thanks for the info on the shower.  Like the bit about the drinks! I have been to Tuscany before, not on this one though, and am thinking about going back.  Will have to be next year though.  It is high on the wish list.

Thanks

Sylvia

nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
Sylvia

My room had a walk in shower, my bathroom was very snug, as was the whole room, others had much bigger rooms. My room faced the sea, it was a noisy room. It was sweltering when I went I wasn't aware of any air conditioning bar opening the window. I went a few years ago. It is a basic hotel as Elaine has said but as your not in the room that much do not let that put you off this tour.

Cindy

janib
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hello Sylvia,

This is a great trip, well worth going on. My review in 2015 has been updated since with comments about food and rooms. My walk in shower was quite small, overlooked the beach and restaurant so was noisy with the cigarette smokers on the patio by the front door. Others were down the side or back and they did say it was quieter. Went in October so most of the local shops and restaurants were shut for the Winter :dodgy: 

Jan

sjm533
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Thank you Rose and Janib (found your great review). This tour goes further up the wish list every time I read about it.  I have been to Tuscany before and since Janib, you say it is full on, I can happily miss out on Sienna and Pisa to recuperate.  They are optional extras anyway.

Thank for the detailed information about hotel rooms, and the tip about emailing them.  I have done this in the past and it has worked out well so far.

Happy travelling to you both

Sylvia