smudger1
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi

Im due to go on the flavours of tuscany tour in October and noticed we will be going to Florence. Is there any time to book and visit the uffizi gallery whilst we are there?

Many Thanks

Ian

Moderator2
(Member)
Good Morning Ian,

Yes but you will need to pre-book this in advance to save the huge queues – best time to book this is between 1pm and 1.30pm as the included guided tour will finish at 12pm.

Kind Regards,

Mildred

nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
You will need to pre book, when I went to Tuscany with JY a few years ago people just thought they could turn up the queues were horrendous and nobody got into the gallery...

Cindy

smudger1
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Moderator2' wrote:

Good Morning Ian,

Yes but you will need to pre-book this in advance to save the huge queues – best time to book this is between 1pm and 1.30pm as the included guided tour will finish at 12pm.

Kind Regards,

Mildred

Hi Mildred

how long do you think we will get in the museum as I know it is vast.

Many Thanks

Ian

janib
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hello Ian,

Went on the Flavours of Tuscany in October 2015. One of our ladies had been many times so booked way in advance a timed ticket especially to see David, missing the walking tour.

I had no interest as I am a fan of Hard Rock Cafes and Florence is one of only three in Italy. I have been to Venice, now only have Rome to do 🙂 Not even sure that I went into the Duomo as I think it was closed for Mass.

Tonight watch Alexander Armstrong's Italy's Invisible Cities on BBC 1 at 9 pm as he is in Florence. His 2 others were Naples and Venice- fascinating watching.

Jan

smudger1
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'janib' wrote:

Hello Ian,

Went on the Flavours of Tuscany in October 2015. One of our ladies had been many times so booked way in advance a timed ticket especially to see David, missing the walking tour.

I had no interest as I am a fan of Hard Rock Cafes and Florence is one of only three in Italy. I have been to Venice, now only have Rome to do 🙂 Not even sure that I went into the Duomo as I think it was closed for Mass.

Tonight watch Alexander Armstrong's Italy's Invisible Cities on BBC 1 at 9 pm as he is in Florence. His 2 others were Naples and Venice- fascinating watching.

Jan

Hi Jan

I would like to do Rome too at some point. I have asked, but not got a reply yet. Can you remember how long you get after the tour of Florence, before you get back on the coach. Id like to make sure I have enough time in the museum before I book.

Moderator2
(Member)
'smudger1' wrote:

'Moderator2' wrote:

Good Morning Ian,

Kind Regards,

Mildred

Hi Mildred

how long do you think we will get in the museum as I know it is vast.

Many Thanks

Ian

Good Morning Ian,

You will have as long as you like but you will need to be back at the meeting point between 4- 4:15pm to then board the coach back to the hotel.

Kind Regards,

Mildred

Moderator2
(Member)
'Rose1999' wrote:

'Moderator2' wrote:

Good Morning Ian,

Kind Regards,

Mildred

Hi Mildred

Would this advice hold for the same tour in June?

Many thanks

Rose

Hi Rose,

Yes we would advise the same thing.

Kind Regards,

Mildred

smudger1
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi

I'm going to book to go to the Uffizi gallery in October. Could you confirm that I will be able to look at booking for the 22nd October, which I think is the day we will be in Florence, at 1.30pm. Also can you recommend a site to book tickets or can this be done through JY or your representative in Italy.

Kind Regards

Moderator2
(Member)
Good Afternoon,

Unfortunately as you are on the Flavours of Tuscany tour there really is no time to visit the Ufizzi Gallery unless you forgo your included guided tour with a local Guide.

The itinerary for the day is as follows:

Info: Morning visit to Florence for sightseeing (1hour 30mins drive)

Italian Taste services:

Afternoon – Wine tasting around 3pm at Castello di Bolgheri www.castellodibolgheri.eu. Visit of the cellar + wine tasting of 4 wines with bread cheese and boar sausages. The wine tasting is inside the village of Bolgheri 150m from the entrance of the village and the castle, which is not possible to visit.

The wine tasting is inside the village of Bolgheri 150m from the entrance of the village and the castle. The castle is not possible to visit.

The wine tasting consists of 4 wines (2 red wines: 1 glass of Varvara 2013 and 1 glass of Castello di Bolgheri 2012- both winners of the award “Tre bicchieri – Gamero Rosso” in different years.

1 glass of IGT Montespertoli named Flocco which they produce in Montesperloli (Chianti Region)

1 glass of White wine (Vermentino)

The wine tasting will be accompanied by bread, cheese and boar sausages.

It takes place in the cellar which is inside the village of Bolgheri

The visit and wine tasting last about an hour.

If you really want to visit the Ufizzi Gallery I would suggest that you speak to the Tour Manager on arrival and they will advise the best time to book which will have to be in the morning and as I suggested above, you will need to forgo your included guided walk.

In regards to booking tickets, you can book this whilst in the resort and this will be subject to availability.

I hope this helps.

Kind Regards,

Mildred

nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
I hope your successful at booking and seeing this, but I personally think it is highly unlikely to happen, tickets get booked well in advance so seeing the manager on arrival will be risky. No one on the tour I was on Managed to go. I wish you luck.

Cindy

smudger1
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Oh Mildred

that's not what you said on the 24th and 26th Jan. When you said we have all the time we need until the coach return at 4pm - 4.15 as the tour finished at 12.

Is the Schedule you listed correct? what time does the guided tour start?

Kind Regards

Ian

Moderator2
(Member)
Good Afternoon Ian,

We are really sorry about this- the person who advised me made a human error and thought I was asking about the 'Highlights of Tuscany' tour instead of the 'Flavours of Tuscany' tour when they advised me that you would be able to visit the Ufizzi Gallery.

It is our mistake and we are very sorry about this.

Kindest Regards,

Mildred

Bosuncat
(Member)
I agree with Cindy. I too went on the Highlights Tour, and had read beforehand on TA that you do have to book months in advance to be able to get in. I remember walking past the gallery and there was a long line of people who had pre booked waiting to go in. I do remember Jonathan talking about what was then the new city tour of Florence (which was due to start the next year), and him saying that that was the best way of doing it as you could easily spend nearly a day in there.

I may be wrong, but I think we got at most 2 hours free time in Florence. I wanted to go to see Michelangelo's tomb, but by the time I would have waited to get a ticket, and then waited to get in there would have been no time. I wish that JY would bring back the Florence city holiday. It's such a shame that it disappeared very quickly.

janib
  • (Member)
(Member)
As I said earlier in the year, a lady booked it for about 11 am before she left Britain. She, however, knew where to find David and it was easy for her. We did have about 2 hours free time after the walking tour, so my sister and I went to the Hard Rock Cafe, saw the Porcino in the market place and walked the Ponte Vecchio looking in the windows and deciding we could not afford anything :rolleyes: 

Jan