nixon
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
If your going to certain countries, Kenya, India, etc. I would suggest that you arrange to see your doctor/practice nurse/holiday clinic for them to tell you what you need to have done to protect you while you are away. Sometimes this can differ for even people on the same tour. Age and general health can make things differ, so just because one person has some thing it does not mean the same for you.

ALWAYS SEEK YOUR OWN SURGERYS OPINION.

Kenya Safari I had to have a few jabs at not cost to me but I did have to pay for the Yellow Fever jab and certificate paperwork, and a prescription for Malerone (malaria Tabs) that I then got of the internet. Much cheaper than the chemists.

I hate jabs but I work on the ....better to be safe than sorry.

Happy Holidays

Cindy

Peter Jersey
(Member)
Hello Cindy

Thanks for that info. I am going to China on 12th Sept and doctors surgeries appear to be giving different advice to different passengers. I am not allowed to get a general prescription for the jabs and tablets for China, and also not allowed to order, LEGALLY, them on the internet. I had to have a private prescription. Jersey takes the view that if you decide to go to exotic places on holiday, then the cost of any medication required, is down to the traveller. The cost should not be met by the taxpayer. Personally, I cannot see anything wrong with that.

Peter

Peter Jersey
(Member)
'nixon' wrote:

If your going to certain countries, Kenya, India, etc. I would suggest that you arrange to see your doctor/practice nurse/holiday clinic for them to tell you what you need to have done to protect you while you are away. Sometimes this can differ for even people on the same tour. Age and general health can make things differ, so just because one person has some thing it does not mean the same for you.

ALWAYS SEEK YOUR OWN SURGERYS OPINION.

Kenya Safari I had to have a few jabs at not cost to me but I did have to pay for the Yellow Fever jab and certificate paperwork, and a prescription for Malerone (malaria Tabs) that I then got of the internet. Much cheaper than the chemists.

I hate jabs but I work on the ....better to be safe than sorry.

Happy Holidays

Cindy

nixon
(Member) (Topic Starter)
This is the Website I use:-

www.travelpharm.com

They were very helpfull

Cindy

the_baron1
(Member)
'nixon' wrote:

This is the Website I use:-

www.travelpharm.com

They were very helpfull

Cindy

Hi Cindy,

Just see you thread on Jabs and Injections etc.

By chance I have just asked Ben a question regarding forthcoming trip to Australia as I have had a health check at my Doctors this morning.

The nurse went on the following web site :

www.fitfortravel.nhs.uk/destinations

This could be of some help to you and others travelling to various areas of the world.

Regards

Eric

nixon
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Thanks for that Eric.....

Links to interesting things are always good to have.

Cindy

SylviaJ
(Member)
Hi All

NaTHNaC is another website worth visiting.

Eric - I've posted a reply to your other thread.

Regards

Sylvia