marks
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi All,

I could have sworn i wrote this review previously however for some reason it is not in the database so here is my opinion of the Croatian holiday to Istria.

I went there in 2011. Overall the holiday was great, and it opened my eyes to a beautiful region. The weather throughout was fantastic. I stayed at Hotel Mimosa which was ideally located 2 minutes away from a flow of shops, restaurants and bars. My only complaint about the hotel was that i ended up with 2 single beds instead of a double and we had to pay for air conditioning however i believe now that the hotel has changed.

On the first day we were given a tour of the Istrian Coast along with a locally produced cheese and wine taster session. The taster session was superflous in my opinion as it added nothing to an already marvellous (and exhausting) day. We visited Pula. A gorgeous little town with an amazing Ampitheatre. Roman relics abound this town however it overflows with cafes, bars and restaurants. It really is an amazing place to explore. There is a little steep climbing to do to get to the church at the top however it is well worth it and the views are amazing.

The picture of the cascading waterfall at Plitvice is what enticed me to Croatia in the first place. The picture isn't photoshopped- it's just as clear, and lush as it looks on the photo. It's an early start as the Park is 4 hours away however well worth it. The lengths of tracks varies from an hour to 8, however the group took the 2 hour track round the park. Less able bodied folks can take a short cut and walk for about half an hour.

One of the best things for me was the opportunity to visit neighbouring Slovenia. This day is less fast paced than the others however you lose nothing. Visitin the Farm and the caves was a relaxing and insightful day into Slovenia. This trip took place on the same day as the Venice trip so i was not able to experience both however the others said the trip to Venice was great but involved a very, very early start!

There is spare time during the holidays to explore and relax. A lot of the beaches are pebble, so a good pair of flip flops is a must. The Island Barbecue was amazing according to those that did it which in my case was everyone except me as i was ill. A fish/meat dinner was available along with drinks and a dessert and a lovely dip in the sea.

Bringing your own towels is a must!!!

Any questions, let me know.

Mark

Jean77
  • (Member)
(Member)
Thanks Mark. Got you now! Ha!

I think I'll definitely do the Plitvice excursion, but perhaps give Venice a miss. it seems that more time is spent travelling than in the actual city. When you mention 'early starts' what time are we talking about here?

Yes it is a different hotel now, but part of the same chain I think.

Any info or comments on Rabac itself?

I've been to the Dubrovnik area of Croatia and looking forward to visiting another part of the country.

Thanks

Jean

marks
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Well for Plitvice it was be in the bus for 7:30, so we had enough time to get brekkie, and then skedattle!

Rabac, beautiful! Bit hilly, but you'll love it!

Mark

marks
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Jean77
  • (Member)
(Member)
'marks' wrote:

Here is the link to my photos.

Thanks

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150700177600471.705928.741240470&type=3 

I couldn't get the link to work Mark. I'm off there tomorrow so I'll see for myself!

Best wishes

Jean

marks
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Jean77,

Damn privacy settings. It should be ok now.

I assume you're there now so you'll be able to post your own thoughts upon your return.

Thanks

BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Mark,

I tried the link just now and it wouldn't work either. FB privacy settings are a law unto themselves!

Cheers,

Bob

marks
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Bob,

Try it again and if you cant see them just add me and it should be ok. Fbook privacy laws are an enigma!

Mark

BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Mark, it just says content unavailable and I can't navigate to your page so can't add you either! If you don't mind sharing it, what is your FB profile name and I'll add you that way!

If you don't want to share it publically, I'm happy for Julia to pass on my email address and you can let me know that way!

All the best,

Bob

marks
(Member) (Topic Starter)
HI BGray,

Of course- Mark Andrew Seeds.

Thanks